It is currently: May 28, '20, 8:07 pm

How do you find working from home?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

How do you find working from home?

Postby PorkChop » Mar 25, '20, 4:07 pm

Due to coronavirus fears my employer has sent everyone to work from home.

It's nice not having to commute and therefore have a bit of extra time in bed, but I'm finding it quite difficult to remain productive. I've realised I benefit from the discipline of having a routine and actually being in the office, as draining as it can be sometimes.

Of course, I'd never tell my boss that.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1428

Re: How do you find working from home?

Postby Everlong » Mar 27, '20, 4:08 pm

I've been working from home for 10 years so nothing really changes for me :lol

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Topics: 2432

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Mar 31, '20, 2:26 am

I've been the some days working from home anyway due to other commitments but to do so, full time is a challenge. Especially with twin children but I've found when they are asleep, or occupied is the time to be productive and other tasks you can carry on doing whilst breaking away to prevent them from going upstairs for the 100th time.

But it's much better from a psychological point of view from being at home with my family, at a time like this when there are things to do additionally (shopping, making sure parents are well) but I don't enjoy the bantz in the office feeling quite isolated at times so it's nice to be able to be around comforting faces.

I'm going to try and incorporate a morning walk to my days, to steer away the tiredness that creeps in which is inevitable due to sitting on a sofa most of the day, and being more active to freshen up.

Does anyone else find even if they have music/tv on in the background, that they barely pay attention to it whilst they are working?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 506

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 01, '20, 6:21 pm

I work in a food distribution warehouse. I'm going to work until this is over or I keel over. People got to eat. I'll do what I can to feed them. On top of that my job is Sanitation Lead we sterilize everything. All the time. Non stop. And we have for a while now. Pre-Covid we did it. Did I get busier? Sure. But it's basically been another day at work for me.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 03, '20, 5:48 am

ShaneOfan wrote:I work in a food distribution warehouse. I'm going to work until this is over or I keel over. People got to eat. I'll do what I can to feed them. On top of that my job is Sanitation Lead we sterilize everything. All the time. Non stop. And we have for a while now. Pre-Covid we did it. Did I get busier? Sure. But it's basically been another day at work for me.

All the best to you dude.

I can't fathom any individual who abuses staff at grocery stores simply doing their job, and it was ridiculous a 2-3 weeks ago with people panic buying. It still seems manic with online shopping and websites being slow or delayed but luckily we're ok atm.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 506

Return to The Pub