It is currently: Jun 16, '19, 12:32 pm

Who will end Jay White's reign?

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Who will end Jay White's reign?

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 14, '19, 2:36 pm

It was pretty clear to me that when Omega lost to Tanahashi, that the Ace would be putting over Jay White as the next big gaijin in NJPW. I know it's too soon to be thinking about White's reign ending because it's only just begun, but who will be the one to win the big one off of him?

I would say Naito. White has beaten Okada and Tanahashi. Naito should get his much needed big baby face win over Switchblade.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 176

Re: Who will end Jay White's reign?

Postby Hanley! » Feb 14, '19, 4:40 pm

I figured White would be getting the title eventually, but I was guessing not for another year. New Japan don't throw their world title on just anyone. I think they've only had 5 world champions this decade up until now and that was Tanahashi, Okada, Styles, Naito and Omega. All of whom are elite performers. This is a crazy amount of confidence to show in Switchblade and I hope that it pays off. I do like him as a personality, but in the ring he's a couple of levels behind everyone else.

I'm guessing Okada wins it back from White at MSG. After White beating him in the G1 and Wrestle Kingdom, this would be a logical pay off to the story. I also think that Naito needs a world title reign, but I think his might come later in the year. I'm guessing he either wins the belt at Dominion, or after winning a third G1 tournament. Currently though he's still tied up in the Intercontinental scene and I think White loses the title soon. New Japan has a habit of testing the waters with a transitional title reign first. See Naito's first reign as world champion.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Topics: 165

Re: Who will end Jay White's reign?

Postby prophet » Feb 17, '19, 12:43 pm

Yeah my guess would be Okada at MSG.

I’ve never been a fan of White but him winning the title was a genuine shock and we don’t get many of those in wrestling, generally. Hopefully he steps up and proved himself deserving of the trust shown in him.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 530
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to General Wrestling Discussion