It is currently: Aug 23, '19, 2:52 am

Booking Extreme Rules

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Booking Extreme Rules

Postby The Legend » Jul 10, '19, 3:57 pm

PRE-SHOW

CW Championship -- Drew Gulak (c) vs Tony Nese – Gulak has done a nice job as a more serious character after doing a lot of comedy type stuff in the CW division previously. Here he faces Nese, looking to re-claim his CW championship that Gulak won at Stomping Grounds by pinning Tozawa. This time Gulak needs to pin Nese cleanly to really get his title reign off on the right foot. These two have a good chemistry and should be able to have a good match without too many bells and whistles added in for a pre-show match.

EXTREME RULES

Aleister Black vs Cesaro – So Black finally found somebody to pick a fight with him and in reality, they couldn’t have picked a better first opponent for Black than the Swiss Cyborg. This match doesn’t have a stipulation (which is true of far too many matches for a show called Extreme Rules), but it fits in this scenario, because this match doesn’t have much build to it, but they’ve still done a decent job of getting people excited for Black. While there’s no stipulation, they should at least whet the people’s appetite for an extreme night with this one. Let them brawl a bit, be generous with counts on the outside and let them use the barricade and other elements to make it tougher than the typical match, before returning it to the ring, where these guys with great speed and strength can finish off an Aleister Black victory.

RAW Tag Team Championship – The Revival (c) vs The Usos – Alright, I’ve had enough of matches with absolutely no stipulations. I won’t go too crazy with this match, but earlier in the show I would announce this match is now a Tornado Rules Match. Adding the chaos of all four of these guys going at once will amp up the intensity and creativity from their previous encounters. In the end, the Revival do a double team move to send Jimmy out of the ring and then hit Shatter Machine on Jey to get the pin and earn the victory to retain their belts.

Last Man Standing – Bobby Lashley vs Braun Strowman – One segment turned a feud that was a laughable joke into something with a lot of intensity and aggression that has me interested in this match. I also like how they’ve kept Strowman away, but have had the heel Bobby Lashley recover much quicker and be more involved on RAW. Just let these guys brawl like crazy again. Lashley puts Strowman through hell, but the Monster won’t stay down. In the end, Lashley goes to smash Strowman through the set again, but Strowman counters and slams him through the stage to get the victory.

US Championship – Ricochet (c) vs AJ Styles – Once again, I’d add a stipulation for this one, namely make it a ladder match. Let Ricochet and Styles really go at it with some high-flying antics and add in Gallows and Anderson in Styles’ corner to provide some more bodies for Ricochet to crash into. In the end, Gallows takes out Ricochet with a power bomb and Anderson helps Styles climb the ladder to win the belt.

SD Tag Championship – Triple Threat – The Planet’s Champions (c) vs New Day vs Heavy Machinery – As a triple threat match, this one doesn’t have any DQ’s naturally. You have to let these guys get a little hardcore and use the fact that there’s a mix of power and speed in this match to create some cool spots. In the end, Bryan and Rowan pin Heavy Machinery (I really want them off my screen) to retain the belts.

SD Women’s Championship – Handicap Match – Bayley (c) vs Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross – The WWE is laying it on thick that Sasha is about to come back and re-align with Bayley (who currently has no allies), but this is the perfect time for a nice swerve. Alexa and Nikki can start the match by ganging up on Bayley and get the upper-hand, but Sasha comes down to make the save. Banks cleans house of Nikki and Alexa, but then flattens Bayley as well, putting Cross on top of her for the victory. Banks then locks in the Banks Statement on a beaten Bayley. Setting up a future Cross vs Alexa feud and an immediate Banks as a heel vs Bayley feud that could really take off if they just let it.

Universal and RAW Women’s Championship – Extreme Rules – Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch (c) vs Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans – Seth and Becky have to retain, and the writers have written the story as much. There’s this question looming about their ability to work together and they need to squash it and get both champions onto new feuds with more important contenders. This is an extreme rules match and as such needs to include some violence to it and how that will work in a mixed tag match will be interesting to see. Becky should save Seth at the end of the match for Rollins to pin Corbin, right as Evans gets her punch countered and a dis-arm-her locked in by Becky.

No Holds Barred Tag Match – Roman Reigns and Undertaker vs Shane McMahon and Drew McIntyre – This match should be used to get Drew McIntyre over as hell. Drew should hit the Claymore kick on Undertaker for the victory. That won’t be what happens, but it should be. Outside of that McIntyre should still hit his finisher, but Shane swoops in and takes the pin for himself to continue his ridiculous push towards the WWE championship.

WWE Championship – Kofi Kingston (c) vs Samoa Joe – This match needs to be a Philly Street Fight and needs to cap off what is promoted as an extreme night with the most extreme match in what is looking like a fairly boring evening. In the end, the rest of New Day helps Kingston retain over Joe, who flips out and attacks all three after the match.
  • 0

Image

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
User avatar
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion
 
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
 
Topic Author
Posts: 5575
Topics: 309
Joined: Tue Oct 8, 2013
Reputation: 1790

Re: Booking Extreme Rules

Postby Messiah » Jul 11, '19, 7:37 am

I'm probably gonna check out this PPV. The build-up from what I have read doesn't seem too bad for some of the matches and there are some damn good matches on this card. Reigns & Undertaker vs McMahon & McIntyre, and Rollins & Lynch vs Corbin & Evans are the only matches I couldn't care less about. The WWE has ruined Lynch. Rollins not doing much is understandable because face Rollins just isn't an interesting enough guy to be holding a world title for a long period of time. But Lynch? Her last three feuds before this were Charlotte, Asuka, and Rousey. All three are terminators in the ring. Her first post-Mania feud shouldn't have been against Evans. She's so far below those three and it has ruined Lynch's momentum. It would be like if Austin after WrestleMania 14 (and he had feuded with HBK/DX/Tyson leading up to that show), instead of feuding with McMahon (which led to Dude Love, Undertaker, and Kane), Austin got into a "heated" rivalry with X-Pac.

Joe should beat Kingston IMO. It doesn't seem like Kingston's reign has been that bad, but again he's not someone who should be holding the world title that long. This match hasn't had a long build-up, but I think Joe is ready.

I don't really care who wins a lot of the other matches, although Styles will definitely beat Ricochet. Gonna be some killer matches though. Black/Cesaro, Ricochet/Styles, Revival/Usos, Lashley/Strowman LMS. Even the SmackDown tag team title match should be a lot of fun. This should be a good show that will hopefully set the stage for a good July.
  • 0

Image
User avatar
Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
 
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
 
Posts: 3191
Topics: 467
Joined: Wed Oct 9, 2013
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
Reputation: 2102

Re: Booking Extreme Rules

Postby The Legend » Jul 11, '19, 8:11 am

^^^ I'd agree there's a lot of good matches on this card. My thinking with Joe is that it would make a better moment if he beats Kingston at SummerSlam next month after taking out Big E and Xavier leading into that final match.
  • 0

Image

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
User avatar
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion
 
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
 
Topic Author
Posts: 5575
Topics: 309
Joined: Tue Oct 8, 2013
Reputation: 1790

Re: Booking Extreme Rules

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 11, '19, 1:54 pm

The Legend wrote:^^^ I'd agree there's a lot of good matches on this card. My thinking with Joe is that it would make a better moment if he beats Kingston at SummerSlam next month after taking out Big E and Xavier leading into that final match.


I would love to see Joe as WWE Champion but I agree that Kofi is losing the title at SummerSlam or the PPV following it, and it probably and sadly won't be to Joe. We talked about the Shane thing in an earlier thread but he's involved in so much right now with not only Reigns and Miz, but now Owens. Seems like it could be Shane vs Owens at SummerSlam, or perhaps all four of them in a fatal four way for the number one contender spot. I guess that match could potentially take place on SmackDown, so who knows.
  • 0

User avatar
VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General
 
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
 
Posts: 2086
Topics: 177
Age: 31
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Reputation: 1322

Re: Booking Extreme Rules

Postby The Legend » Jul 12, '19, 1:51 pm

VaderBomb wrote:
The Legend wrote:^^^ I'd agree there's a lot of good matches on this card. My thinking with Joe is that it would make a better moment if he beats Kingston at SummerSlam next month after taking out Big E and Xavier leading into that final match.


I would love to see Joe as WWE Champion but I agree that Kofi is losing the title at SummerSlam or the PPV following it, and it probably and sadly won't be to Joe. We talked about the Shane thing in an earlier thread but he's involved in so much right now with not only Reigns and Miz, but now Owens. Seems like it could be Shane vs Owens at SummerSlam, or perhaps all four of them in a fatal four way for the number one contender spot. I guess that match could potentially take place on SmackDown, so who knows.


From what I read online, the WWE is actually planning on phasing Shane out of storylines and wrestling. He's been so involved that he can't just one day disappear, so my guess is he'll wrestle a match at SummerSlam, but it won't be for the title anymore.

I actually like your idea of a #1 contender fatal fourway between Shane, Roman, Miz and Owens at SummerSlam, meanwhile, Joe faces Kofi again for the belt and wins it. Either Miz or Owens wins the #1 contendership and faces Joe in September at Clash of Champions.
  • 0

Image

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
User avatar
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion
 
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
 
Topic Author
Posts: 5575
Topics: 309
Joined: Tue Oct 8, 2013
Reputation: 1790

Re: Booking Extreme Rules

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 13, '19, 10:18 am

The Legend wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:
The Legend wrote:^^^ I'd agree there's a lot of good matches on this card. My thinking with Joe is that it would make a better moment if he beats Kingston at SummerSlam next month after taking out Big E and Xavier leading into that final match.


I would love to see Joe as WWE Champion but I agree that Kofi is losing the title at SummerSlam or the PPV following it, and it probably and sadly won't be to Joe. We talked about the Shane thing in an earlier thread but he's involved in so much right now with not only Reigns and Miz, but now Owens. Seems like it could be Shane vs Owens at SummerSlam, or perhaps all four of them in a fatal four way for the number one contender spot. I guess that match could potentially take place on SmackDown, so who knows.


From what I read online, the WWE is actually planning on phasing Shane out of storylines and wrestling. He's been so involved that he can't just one day disappear, so my guess is he'll wrestle a match at SummerSlam, but it won't be for the title anymore.

I actually like your idea of a #1 contender fatal fourway between Shane, Roman, Miz and Owens at SummerSlam, meanwhile, Joe faces Kofi again for the belt and wins it. Either Miz or Owens wins the #1 contendership and faces Joe in September at Clash of Champions.


I could definitely accept that if it happens.
  • 0

User avatar
VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General
 
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
 
Posts: 2086
Topics: 177
Age: 31
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Reputation: 1322

Re: Booking Extreme Rules

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 13, '19, 12:35 pm

Also, I think Undertaker vs McIntyre will likely happen at SummerSlam.
  • 0

User avatar
VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General
 
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
 
Posts: 2086
Topics: 177
Age: 31
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Reputation: 1322

Re: Booking Extreme Rules

Postby The Legend » Jul 14, '19, 5:27 am

VaderBomb wrote:Also, I think Undertaker vs McIntyre will likely happen at SummerSlam.


I'd agree with that.
  • 0

Image

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
User avatar
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion
 
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
 
Topic Author
Posts: 5575
Topics: 309
Joined: Tue Oct 8, 2013
Reputation: 1790

Re: Booking Extreme Rules

Postby Messiah » Jul 14, '19, 7:24 pm

I'm watching Extreme Rules and holy shit I forgot how good Daniel Bryan is...
  • 0

Image
User avatar
Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
 
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
 
Posts: 3191
Topics: 467
Joined: Wed Oct 9, 2013
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
Reputation: 2102

Re: Booking Extreme Rules

Postby Messiah » Jul 14, '19, 10:58 pm

Messiah wrote:I'm watching Extreme Rules and holy shit I forgot how good Daniel Bryan is...




What a promo.
  • 0

Image
User avatar
Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
 
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
 
Posts: 3191
Topics: 467
Joined: Wed Oct 9, 2013
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
Reputation: 2102

Re: Booking Extreme Rules

Postby Messiah » Jul 14, '19, 11:18 pm

ALSO I must say the End of Days that Baron Corbin delivered to Becky Lynch was AWESOME. What an awesome sequence. If they are going to do something like that, it actually has to be for a purpose and not just because. And man Corbin is the perfect piece of shit heel to do it. He did the End of Days perfectly. Lynch sold it perfectly. Rollins reacted perfectly. The commentary team reacted perfectly.

And Lacey Evans walking out on him after he did it, making it clear that what he did was so terrible that even his own HEEL PARTNER walked out on him? WWE could not have done that any better. Lesnar winning sucked but I will admit the ending to that match was a great sequence. Honestly someone on Reddit said it and I'll say it too: if Corbin had won after that spot, I would have been OK with it. He would have been the GOAT Heel.
  • 0

Image
User avatar
Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
 
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
 
Posts: 3191
Topics: 467
Joined: Wed Oct 9, 2013
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
Reputation: 2102

 


Return to WWE

Who is Online Now?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron
Reputation System ©'