It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 8:50 am

The Four Horsewomen should close out Wrestlemania

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

The Four Horsewomen should close out Wrestlemania

Postby prophet » Jan 29, '19, 12:08 pm

Sasha and Becky should win the tag titles earlier in the night. Charlotte should beat Asuka again (sorry Asuka) and then Becky should beat Ronda.

The four of them holding their titles aloft should be the final shot of 'Mania.

That or just Becky on her own. Love u Becky.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: The Four Horsewomen should close out Wrestlemania

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 29, '19, 12:13 pm

If they don't do the triple threat between Ronda, Becky and Charlotte, this is the route that they will likely go. Would make for a great moment to cap off the event.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby Hanley! » Jan 29, '19, 12:55 pm

I'm certain they're going to go with the triple threat main event, and it makes so little sense that it physically pains me. These people are idiots. I am happy that the women are getting the main event because they deserve it this year, but the addition of Charlotte will dilute this one somewhat, and make it less memorable in years to come. People remember the big singles rivalries. Triple threats don't last in the same way because the dynamic is never as strong.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Jan 29, '19, 3:56 pm

I am currently going back and forth on whether they go triple threat or not. The big question to me if they go triple threat is what do they do with the SD Women's title? I mean Carmella would probably be the only woman left on SD with a chance of going against Asuka, which just doesn't fit right. I'd also find it hard to believe they'd keep Asuka and the belt off the show entirely considering how much of a big deal the women's division is going to be made to be for this year's show.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 29, '19, 4:11 pm

Hanley! wrote:I'm certain they're going to go with the triple threat main event, and it makes so little sense that it physically pains me. These people are idiots. I am happy that the women are getting the main event because they deserve it this year, but the addition of Charlotte will dilute this one somewhat, and make it less memorable in years to come. People remember the big singles rivalries. Triple threats don't last in the same way because the dynamic is never as strong.

Singles matches should always be top priority. I totally agree, but two of the best WM endings were the results of triple threats at 20 and 30, so I wouldn't have too much of a problem with it if booked right.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Jan 29, '19, 5:17 pm

VaderBomb wrote:Singles matches should always be top priority. I totally agree, but two of the best WM endings were the results of triple threats at 20 and 30, so I wouldn't have too much of a problem with it if booked right.

Wrestlemania 20's ending was great because of the Benoit/Guerrero moment, and 30 was great because Bryan was finally coronated. The three way rivalries were nothing to write home about and aren't really remembered fondly. The Benoit match is remembered fondly for sure, because it was very good, but that's not to say that a strong singles match wouldn't have been better.

It's obvious right now that people want Becky vs Ronda. They're the two that are really over, and the segments that have really been getting over with the crowd have been geared towards that match. When you have a home run like that you don't over-complicate it. Imagine if they had tossed Dibiase into the Hogan v Savage match. Or Triple H into the Rock v Austin match. It's a ridiculous idea.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Jan 30, '19, 10:56 am

Hanley! wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:Singles matches should always be top priority. I totally agree, but two of the best WM endings were the results of triple threats at 20 and 30, so I wouldn't have too much of a problem with it if booked right.

Wrestlemania 20's ending was great because of the Benoit/Guerrero moment, and 30 was great because Bryan was finally coronated. The three way rivalries were nothing to write home about and aren't really remembered fondly. The Benoit match is remembered fondly for sure, because it was very good, but that's not to say that a strong singles match wouldn't have been better.

It's obvious right now that people want Becky vs Ronda. They're the two that are really over, and the segments that have really been getting over with the crowd have been geared towards that match. When you have a home run like that you don't over-complicate it. Imagine if they had tossed Dibiase into the Hogan v Savage match. Or Triple H into the Rock v Austin match. It's a ridiculous idea.

It is kind of ridiculous when you put it like that, but I think there's also a different dynamic at play with why they want a triple threat. A Becky vs Ronda singles match is going to crush Ronda and her progress made at this point. The fans want nothing else than Becky winning which is understandable, but the difference in those matches you named were because you had a face challenger against a heel champion. Something that was very cut and dry. If it was just Ronda vs Becky the crowd would turn Ronda into a full blown heel and damage her character. Adding Charlotte allows her to take the majority of the heat in this match and it makes for a better story honestly because she's a bad guy getting treated like a bad guy. Ronda's only there because she's champ and needs to be, she's more of a third wheel from a storytelling standpoint than Charlotte is and the reaction the crowd gave her Monday is full proof of that.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 12, '19, 1:50 pm

After what took place on Raw last night, it will absolutely be a triple threat main event.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Feb 12, '19, 3:37 pm

It was always going to be. They were never going to push the person the fans wanted at the expense of the person they wanted. They're dumb and petty and addicted to their own bullshit.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 12, '19, 4:24 pm

Hanley! wrote:It was always going to be. They were never going to push the person the fans wanted at the expense of the person they wanted. They're dumb and petty and addicted to their own bullshit.

Oh, I know and agree. I was just stating that last night was a confirmation.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Return to WWE