It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 5:22 pm

Coronavirus is WRECKING 2020. NBA canceled, WrestleMania will be canceled...

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Coronavirus is WRECKING 2020. NBA canceled, WrestleMania will be canceled...

Postby Messiah » Mar 12, '20, 12:06 am

My god.

NBA season is postponed/likely canceled

WrestleMania is GUARANTEED to not be in front of fans, I mean no way it goes as planned. And as soon as a superstar gets it, its a wrap

2020 might be the craziest year ever.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Coronavirus is WRECKING 2020. NBA canceled, WrestleMania will be canceled...

Postby Everlong » Mar 14, '20, 5:24 pm

I'm honestly surprised Wrestlemania hasn't officially been called off or otherwise altered yet. Pretty much everything else is done-zo.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Re: Coronavirus is WRECKING 2020. NBA canceled, WrestleMania will be canceled...

Postby The Legend » Mar 15, '20, 6:53 am

Everlong wrote:I'm honestly surprised Wrestlemania hasn't officially been called off or otherwise altered yet. Pretty much everything else is done-zo.

I read somewhere that there's financial implications as to who cancels (WWE or the city of Tampa). So at this point it's just a ridiculous game of chicken so that Vince can save some money. A Tampa government official has already said that if the WWE hasn't cancelled in a week the city will do it. Also, WWE says they have contingency plans, so we'll see if there's a WM held at the Performance Center with no fans.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby ratedrkorules » Mar 21, '20, 9:46 am

Good to see the old WWE club members still going strong here. Spent many hours of my pre-teen years posting on the classic forum and I randomly thought about you guys and remembered I made an account here. Hope all of you are well during this pandemic.

ratedrkorules None specified
Mark
Mark

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby PorkChop » Mar 23, '20, 9:58 am

The shops here are stripped bare. There's a lot of panic and understandably so. By our government's own admission we're 2 weeks behind Italy, who have had one of the highest death rates so far. I'm sure a lockdown is coming within the next week unless we see a miraculous improvement.

I never thought we'd see anything like this. Madness.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Mar 31, '20, 3:03 am

Forget home delivery or click and collect even. We've done the former before this began and no slots at all.

Fortunate to have been able to get one or either so far, but looks like it will be early trips to Asda but I've not seen panic buying myself but retailers were slow to respond. The restrictions should have been in place as soon as loo rolls (wtf?) were flying off the shelves, and having a one person, one trolley limit to stores.

Our graph spike seems to be heading towards Italy, but today's news suggests a slight fall yet we should be prepared for the worst. Also abysmal how NHS staff are under-resourced to the extent they're risking their lives with equipment so inferior to their counterparts. Three doctors have died, surprised they haven't been shared as widely on the news channels as they should. Perhaps if they were named Joe Bloggs they would be.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to The Pub