It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 3:16 am

How long will Kofi's reign last?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

How long will Kofi's reign last?

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 20, '19, 9:07 am

My assumption is that WWE wants it to surpass Ambrose and Jericho's days as champion so I could see him keeping it until SummerSlam. He's at 73 days right now. SummerSlam is 52 days away, which would give him 125 days as champion right behind Eddie Guerrero as number 30 on the most days as champion list.

Daniel Bryan should be the one to beat him at SummerSlam, in my opinion. :tim

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: How long will Kofi's reign last?

Postby The Legend » Jun 20, '19, 9:26 am

I could see him lasting until SummerSlam. Dolph isn't beating him Sunday and I don't know what they'll do at Extreme Rules, but that's usually a status quo filler PPV that builds to SummerSlam. I don't see Bryan winning the belt off of him, don't really see him re-entering the main event picture for a while. My biggest hope is that they aren't building to Shane taking the belt off of him, which I fear they are doing (there really aren't any heels on SD being built up right now).

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 20, '19, 10:33 am

Oh god, Shane as WWE Champion would be a nightmare.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 22, '19, 8:38 am

If Shane does win it from Kofi, then Reigns will likely be the one to beat him eventually.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Jun 22, '19, 9:44 am

VaderBomb wrote:If Shane does win it from Kofi, then Reigns will likely be the one to beat him eventually.

I would agree and would think it would happen quite quickly.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Jun 26, '19, 11:37 am

VaderBomb wrote:If Shane does win it from Kofi, then Reigns will likely be the one to beat him eventually.

I am now positive of two things after last night's SD. First, Shane will indeed be the guy that takes the belt off of Kofi. Second, it's not Roman that will take the belt from Shane, but the Miz, who will take the belt from Shane. Then likely we'll see Bryan take the belt off Miz.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 26, '19, 11:06 pm

The Legend wrote:

I am now positive of two things after last night's SD. First, Shane will indeed be the guy that takes the belt off of Kofi. Second, it's not Roman that will take the belt from Shane, but the Miz, who will take the belt from Shane. Then likely we'll see Bryan take the belt off Miz.

I could see that for sure, but where does that leave Roman?

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Jun 27, '19, 7:47 am

VaderBomb wrote:
The Legend wrote:

I could see that for sure, but where does that leave Roman?

I'd like to see him fight a couple younger guys, be the guy that picks a fight with Aleister Black, then take on Lars Sullivan. Do some stuff like that to help ellivate that guy win or lose and help Roman just by having matches with Black, their combination of strength and speed could make for great stuff.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Messiah » Jun 27, '19, 8:53 am

JOE IS THE NEW NO. 1 CONTENDER

PLEASE LET JOE BEAT HIM

I am renewing my WWE Network because I want to see Joe win the world title and if he doesn't win it fuck WWE. Joe is a beast and has been putting in phenomenal work since he's become a pro wrestler. His run in the WWE has been SO much better than anyone expected. I didn't see him in his final days in TNA but apparently he wasn't where he could have been athletically. He wasn't expected to be anything more than a veteran in NXT helping put people over (see: Kassius Ohno). But he was too good. They put him in a long feud with Balor, he killed it. They put him in a feud with Lesnar, he killed it. They put him in a feud with Styles, he killed it (despite terrible writing).

Give Joe the strap. Put a rocket on Joe. I like Kofi but he should not beat Joe, especially not cleanly.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 27, '19, 3:42 pm

Messiah wrote:JOE IS THE NEW NO. 1 CONTENDER

PLEASE LET JOE BEAT HIM

I am renewing my WWE Network because I want to see Joe win the world title and if he doesn't win it fuck WWE. Joe is a beast and has been putting in phenomenal work since he's become a pro wrestler. His run in the WWE has been SO much better than anyone expected. I didn't see him in his final days in TNA but apparently he wasn't where he could have been athletically. He wasn't expected to be anything more than a veteran in NXT helping put people over (see: Kassius Ohno). But he was too good. They put him in a long feud with Balor, he killed it. They put him in a feud with Lesnar, he killed it. They put him in a feud with Styles, he killed it (despite terrible writing).

Give Joe the strap. Put a rocket on Joe. I like Kofi but he should not beat Joe, especially not cleanly.

I agree with all of this but Kofi will retain against Joe.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Jul 14, '19, 8:01 pm

Joe wins tonight, Reigns beats Joe for the strap at SummerSlam in a monster hoss main event

I HOPE JOE CHOKES KOFI OUT IN 5 MINUTES.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Messiah » Jul 14, '19, 8:20 pm

Ugh. It's clear Joe will never hold a World Title. :(

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 25, '19, 12:38 pm

I think that Kofi is retaining against Orton.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Jul 27, '19, 5:54 pm

I've not been watching their television for a long time, but it seems like they're now so lacking in stars that it's almost impossible for them to get anyone new over. Kofi spent so long as a midcarder that people don't really accept him as a main event guy. And it seems like there's nobody he can beat that can cement his status at the top of the card, because nobody else feels like a star either.

This is why the likes of Cena and Orton and Triple H and Undertaker should have been doing jobs for younger guys 5-10 years ago. It's also why Lesnar should be doing clean jobs now.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Sep 29, '19, 4:42 pm

5 more days.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to WWE