It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 5:43 am

Anthony Joshua TKO'd, hype train derailed

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Anthony Joshua TKO'd, hype train derailed

Postby PorkChop » Jun 02, '19, 2:35 am

https://streamable.com/1u4n3

Eddie Hearn in tears. To think that recently Joshua's team were laughing off a 50/50 split with Wilder lol.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Anthony Joshua TKO'd, hype train derailed

Postby prophet » Jun 02, '19, 8:06 am

I never actively want a U.K. athlete to lose but it was kind of awesome seeing such a huge underdog get a giant win.

Also it’s funny that the promoters have been royally shafted. Delayed the big Wilder/AJ fight too long and now that cash cow has died.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PorkChop » Jun 02, '19, 11:26 am

Wilder would've finished this Anthony Joshua in 3 rounds imo. He looked awful.

He seemed to mentally quit at the stoppage. Ref counted to 8, he turns his back and leans against the ropes with a thousand yard stare and no mouthpiece. Barely any protest when it was waved off. I'd never have expected that from him.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jun 07, '19, 10:41 am

I find Joshua cringeworthy and he's not helped being managed by Hearn however I did respect his achievements and in bringing some excitement to the heavyweight division. I'm going to watch the fight replay but it seems he got a massive case of the jitters, the ringwalk and moments before the fight began, he looked on edge. I don't think it's just complacency, there were rumours he had a panic attack prior in the dressing room. Best part was Eddie being bawled out by AJ's dad in the ring, hence why the former was so pissed post-match.

Rematch sorted but it's clear Ruiz has punch power to trouble AJ so not a total certainty he regains his belts however on home soil (Eddie will make sure his guy has all the advantages) I'd back him to win.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby PorkChop » Jun 08, '19, 8:44 am

I'm not sure whether the rumours of a panic attack are legit but he did look spaced out before the fight. He didn't have the same energy that we're used to seeing.

If he loses the rematch, which is a very realistic possibility, he's probably done imo.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Return to General Sports Discussion