It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 9:06 am

WrestleMania 35 Discussion & Thoughts!

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

WrestleMania 35 Discussion & Thoughts!

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 3:44 pm

For anyone still around who cares enough to A) watch WrestleMania or B) read what other people think about WrestleMania :lol

This show is about to be long as fuck, so hopefully it's good.

I'm actually looking forward to this show. It feels fresher than a lot of past WrestleManias.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: WrestleMania 35 Discussion & Thoughts!

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 3:55 pm

Women's Battle Royal (Pre-Show)

Sarah Logan won the match.... AND THEN CARMELLA SHOWED UP.. YES CARMELLA. This was whatever but Carmella is cool. Not like there is any point to winning this anyway lol

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 07, '19, 3:59 pm

I'm looking forward to it as well, despite it potentially being the weakest of the three big wrestling events this weekend. For the big three matches I think Becky and Kofi win, Seth loses.

Aside from those three, I think that the only other title that will change hands is the IC strap. It's hard to predict the battle royal winners because there are 29 men and 13 women announced respectively, but I'd go with Asuka (or perhaps Lacey Evans) for the women's and a surprise entrant for the men's. Maybe Kevin Owens or a returning Sami Zayn. It just seems too predictable for Strowman to win it, but judging the talent involved that have been announced, I don't see any of those guys toppling him.

Miz should definitely beat Shane and Reigns will most likely beat McIntyre. I think that Corbin will get squashed by Angle and then we could potentially witness Cena come out and challenge him for his actual final bout. It seems like many babyfaces will prevail tonight, so I'd say Joe definitely retains, along with the Usos and The Revival. AI vs Orton could go either way and Sasha and Bayley will retain unless Beth and Nattie get the win over one of the heel teams.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 07, '19, 4:00 pm

Well I guess I was wrong about the women's battle royal, I'm in the bathroom and didn't know that the event had started.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 4:06 pm

I wonder what the opening match will be. I'm thinking either Joe/Mysterio or Lashley/Balor.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby prophet » Apr 07, '19, 4:12 pm

I’m gonna try watch the show but it’s gonna be long as fuck so I doubt I’ll get through the whole thing.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 07, '19, 4:17 pm

Messiah wrote:I wonder what the opening match will be. I'm thinking either Joe/Mysterio or Lashley/Balor.

I'd agree with this sentiment. After the pre-show battle royals they should booka solid singles match to follow.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 4:28 pm

RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

LETS FUCKING GO REVIVALLLLL

"Nobody in this building even knows who Curt Hawkins in" I love Corey Graves. It feels like a long time since The Revival were putting on 5 star matches with every team they faced in NXT. Revival vs DIY is one of the GOAT feuds. LMAO @ "The Heavy Handed Dash", alluding to him punching the fan last night. Fans gave him a huge pop. This isn't a bad match so far, Revival controlling the action.

OMG Ryder suplexes himself and Wilder out of the ring! Cool spot albeit looked weird. SPEAR BY HAWKINS. OMG Dawson brainbuster on the outside! What a match so far, much better than I was expecting. Huge "Lets go Hawkins" chant, he's on a 269 losing streak but somehow got this title match at WrestleMania lol. OH NO HAWKINS GETS THE ROLL UP AND WINS!!!

Solid match, especially for the pre-show. I don't care for Hawkins/Ryder winning but Hawkins losing streak ended so I guess that is cool.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 4:50 pm

Andre the Giant Battle Royal (Pre-Show)

I've grown to like Jeff Hardy so much, got excited for when the Hardy Boyz theme came on. He fills his role in the E so well nowadays. SNL guy wearing a Beckham jersey in New York was funny.

Holy shit, Strowman is jacked. WWE ruined him. He went from the most over guy last year to being in the battle royal again. So many guys in this match who probably deserve better, but to be fair the roster is stacked. Almas is the #1 guy though, he's SO good.

Strowman wrecking havock. SNL guys tried to eliminate Strowman but he swatted them away! DESTROY THEM STROWMAN! Damn man, Strowman really looks like a star. I mean just look at him and he presents himself so well. I hope 2019 is a better year for him, they should have never turned him heel. He's an absolute monster. One half of SNL tries to escape and Strowman slaps the piss out of him. The other half dodges a big boot and almost eliminates Braun!!! Strowman tosses him and wins the match. Fun battle royal for what it was.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 4:55 pm

Also I'm not against celebrities but bringing in someone who isn't going to do a spot/get physical is stupid. That is why, in my opinion, Floyd Mayweather vs Big Show will always be the gold standard for celebrity involvement (since Austin/Tyson anyway). God that was so good. Mayweather LEGITIMATELY busting Show's nose is still one of my favorite moments in WWE history.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 5:10 pm

THE HOST OF WRESTLEMANIA ALEXAAAAAAA BLISS

I LOVE ME SOME ALEXA BLISS. I'LL NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT ALEXA BLISS. SHE STARTS OFF THE SHOW.

She is wonderful. WrestleMania with an A+ start already.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 5:11 pm

And then Hogan showed up and ruined it. :(

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 5:15 pm

OMG PAUL HEYMAN IS WALKING TO THE RING. WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO?! HE SAID BROCK LESNAR MUST BE ON LAST OR THEY ARE NOT WAITING.
WAIT WHA?!

LESNAR VS ROLLINS TO OPEN THE SHOW?! OMG OMG OMG

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 5:26 pm

WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP

LMAO if Lesnar wins but damn he's a monster, like I hate his reigns but I always get excited for him when he shows up. HES A BEASSSSSST INCARNATE.

THE KINGSLAYER ROLLINS ENTRANCE IS EPIC! BURN IT DOWN has got to be one of the best themes and quotes in wrestling right now, after "ADAM COLE BAY BAY!". LESNAR assaults Rollins as soon as the match starts, what a beast. F5 OUTSIDE OF THE RING BY THE BEASTTTTTT. Lesnar is destroying Rollins. This is honestly a GREAT choice for an opener and the reasoning is great - Lesnar isn't someone who would want to wait around all night to defend his title.

The match hasn't even officially started. Rollins ain't no beast slayer. RING THE BELL REFEREE! Lesnar is just throwing Rollins around like a bitch. The match is now official! Man I hate Lesnar's reigns but how can you not be entertained by this MONSTAR? This is suplex city. 3 SUPLEXES! REFEREE KNOCKED OUT! LOW BLOW BY ROLLINS! OMG CURB STOMP! ANOTHER CURB STOMP!!!!!!! BUT LESNAR IS STILL MOVING! ANOTHER CURB STOMP!!!!!! OMG ROLLINS BEAT LESNAR HOLY FUCKING SHIT WTFFFF WTF WTF WTF

ROLLINS BEATS LESNAR ROLLINS BEATS LESNAR ROLLINS BEATS LESNAR HE FUCKING SQUASHED HIM WTFF

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 5:29 pm

That felt so anti-climatic. Like thank God Lesnar's reign is over but... I feel like it should have felt a lot more important than that.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 5:30 pm

But to clarify, as an opener, that was still a lot of fun. Lesnar beat the shit out of Rollins, Rollins turns around and curb stomps him to hell to win. But in the grand scheme of things, it should have been a bigger moment. But there have been way worse ways to start at a Mania so whatever. Gives more time to what should be even better matches.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 07, '19, 5:34 pm

Okay so I've been wrong about all of my predictions so far. I'm going to change a few after that Rollins win. Byrna retains and Charlotte wins. Let's see if I can be even more wrong than I already am. :lol

But seriously, I think that may be the route they're going. I don't have a phone, or a laptop that works while not being plugged in, otherwise I'd be contributing to this live discussion in a greater capacity.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 5:51 pm

AJ STYLES VS RANDY ORTON

THE PHENOMENAL ONE.

Orton goes for the RKO out of nowhere but AJ counters. Man say what you want about Orton but his dropkick >>>>>. AND THEN STYLES RESPONDS WITH A PERFECT DROPKICK OF HIS OWN. Styles with some stiff ass punches. Styles is so crisp, it reminds me of prime Mysterio he never misses

omg i accidentally deleted a lot of stuff but just know STYLES BEAT ORTON! Solid match.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 07, '19, 6:12 pm

SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

I LOVE THE USOS

I LOVE RICOCHET

I LOVE CESARO

I LOVE SHEAMUS

I LIKE ALEISTER

I LOVE RUSEV

I LOVE NAKAMURA

Ricochet is fucking sensational, man. The WWE roster is TOO good. Aleister's entrance is awesome. This match will be epic if it gets even just 10 minutes.

This show honestly hasn't dragged even one bit so far. That is a good thing. I think I'm rooting for the Usos here because DAY ONE. RICOCHET FLYING ALREADY. This match is fast paced as hell already. CESARO VS RICOCHET OMG RICOCHET WTF WAS THAT BRO YOU ARE INSANE.

Cesaro just did a 1 minute swing on Ricochet!!! Holy crap. This is fun as hell. SHEAMUS IS DESTROYING EVERYONE"S CHEST. Cesaro is tremendous. I know why they keep him with Sheamus (Sheamus has a bad neck injury so being in a tag team protects him) but I miss singles wrestler Cesaro. Black is tremendous, great striker. Ricochet broke up a pin with a moonsault!! OMG RICOCHET WITH A TOP ROPE MOVE I COULDN'T EVEN DESCRIBE.

ricochet with a 450 splash is that the match NO ITS NOT. JEY USO JUMPS OFF TUP BUT CESARO UPPERCUTS HIM BUT THEN JIMMY SUPERKICKS BUT THEN RUSEV SUPERKICKS BUT THEN BLACK SUPERKICK THEN SHEAMUS BROGUE KICK THIS IS INSANE.

BUT USOS ARE TESTING HIM. A DOUBLE SUPERKICK. A DOUBLE USO SPLASH ON SHEAMUS! THE USOS RETAIN in a fun as hell match.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 07, '19, 6:12 pm

Had to log back on for a second,I forgot to include my prediction for HH vs Batista. Hunter goes over.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Next

Return to WWE