It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 2:57 pm

My Road to Wrestlemania

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

My Road to Wrestlemania

Postby The Legend » Mar 11, '19, 1:50 pm

So with no more PPV's and only four weeks until Wrestlemania, the Mania card is starting to take shape. Here's the stories and the way I hope they build the Wrestlemania card leading to the biggest show of the year.

PRE SHOW

1. CW Title Tournament Finals Buddy Murphy (c) vs Drew Gulak

Gulak defeats Nese and then Oney Lorcan in the finals to face off with Murphy, where he dethrones the long time champion.

2. R-Truth and Carmella vs Andrade and Zelina

See WWE Championship Match.

3. SD Tag Team Championship The Usos (c) vs The Hardys

The Usos go into every feud talking about how they have an advantage over other teams for how long they’ve been together, well the Hardys would counter that claim perfectly and make for a great match to boot. Just let these two teams go at it back and forth. Usos try to outsmart and outthink the Hardys, but the Hardys come up with answers and vice versa until the match at Mania, which would be fantastic.

WRESTLEMANIA

1. US Championship Triple Threat Samoa Joe (c) vs Johnny Gargano vs Kevin Owens

Joe looked great at Fastlane and is currently being booked really well as champion. He turned away three challengers at Fastlane and here he’d get two more challengers to showcase his dominance. The fact that Ciampa is out can’t be allowed to be a reason to sink Gargano before he gets going. He needs to find a way onto the Mania card and a midcard title pursuit would be great for it. I’d add in a returning Owens just to help give the match more star power and credibility since Gargano has yet to have a high-profile match on the main roster, but he’ll be able to handle it for sure. These three would put on a show stealing type of match.

2. Women’s Tag Team Titles Bayley and Sasha (c) vs Beth Phoenix and Natalya vs Tamina and Nia Jax

I don’t love this feud, but the WWE have already booked themselves into a corner when it comes to the women’s tag belts based on that bizarre post match actions at Fastlane where Nia and Tamina attacked Beth. Bayley and Sasha retain the belts that if I were booking it, they’d just be winning at Mania.

3. Randy Orton vs AJ Styles

Again this story is already being sold. Orton and Styles just need to continue this story of one-upmanship against each other leading into a solid match with technical prowess. Styles would win the clash of guys nobody had any better ideas for.

4. Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match Finn Balor (c) vs Dean Ambrose vs Drew McIntyre vs Bobby Lashley vs Elias vs Baron Corbin

These six guys have all been floating around the intercontinental championship and feuding as semi-factions with each other in the meantime. It’s a bit of a grab to get guys on the card, but there’s also story for why they’d all have a claim at the Intercontinental Championship. I’d put the belt on either McIntyre or Elias to progress their pushes.

5. RAW Tag Team Championship The Revival (c) vs Ricochet and Black

I don’t love that the WWE chose to debut all of its newest NXT debuts in tag teams, but Black and Ricochet have done a nice job and are gaining traction. The Revival won the triple threat by pinning Gable, but Ricochet and Black got some momentum back with some post-match physicality. There’s enough reasoning there to suggest that the RAW tag team titles should get a singles match at Mania. Ricochet and Black get the victory over the Revival at the biggest show of the year.

6. Shane McMahon w/ Vince McMahon vs The Miz w/ George Mizanin

This match became etched in stone at Fastlane, and booking it from here should be pretty simple, but still if they add in the right details, you could make this match much more than just a part timer coming in for a high spot.

I’d start by selling Miz’s injuries, keep him off RAW entirely tonight, then on SD have him do an interview via satellite where he declares he’s coming for Shane. The next week, Miz shows up on RAW looking for Shane, but Vince tells him Shane’s busy taking care of more important business than him and Miz commands Vince to make sure he shows up on SD. The next night Miz looks for Shane again, but Vince tells him in full Mr. McMahon mode that Miz won’t tell a McMahon what to do or where to show up. Miz beats down on Vince. The next week Shane and Vince punish Miz with a gauntlet match beatdown before declaring they’ll see him at Mania. The last week George Mizanin goes backstage and meets with Miz where he announces he’ll be ringside with Miz.

As for the match itself, it’s a good high intensity brawl. Eventually, Vince tries to go after Miz’s dad, which distracts Miz, but Miz recovers in time to hit the skull crushing finale on both Vince and Shane to get the victory.

7. SD Women’s Championship Asuka (c) vs Sonya DeVille

DeVille and Rose are leading to a split, which should be good for both characters as their partnership makes about as little sense as any tag team in WWE in recent memory, male or female. The SD women’s title scene is wide open and I think the best way to go about this one would be to lead into some real competition to determine the contender, which ultimately comes down to Mandy and Sonya, which Sonya wins and looks badass doing it.

DeVille and Asuka could do a great job in a singles match with some great chain and submission sequences combined with some hard hitting opportunities mixed in. In the end, Asuka picks up the clean victory, but DeVille comes out looking like a legitimate contender in a division that desperately needs new legitimate contenders.

8. Universal Championship Brock Lesnar (c) w/ Paul Heyman vs Seth Rollins

The WWE has done a few good things in this story already around Rollins. It’s good that they established that Seth knows the challenge ahead of him and that he’ll have to survive a beatdown to win the belt. It was also nice for them to acknowledge the end of the Shield and give them a good farewell moment at Fastlane, but now they need to actually sell that Seth is ready for this match. He needs to distance himself from the Shield tonight and show that he’s locked in on Mania now. Give him some tough competition matches that he wins leading up to Mania. Then have Brock deliver one more beatdown the week before Mania to reset the doubt on both sides.

9. Batista vs HHH

I’d wait one more week before Batista comes back to RAW to confront HHH and once he does, I would have him beat down the COO to gain the upper hand in the feud. HHH would get the pay back the week going into Mania before the two have a good old brawl at the show of shows in a No DQ match.

10. WWE Championship Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kofi Kingston

So Kofi is clearly over and needs to be the opponent for Bryan at Mania, but I don’t think they should be done making him earn it just yet. I’d have Owens, Mustafa R-Truth, Kofi, Rowan and Andrade emerge as contenders on this week’s SD. Have Stephanie announce a fatal fiveway between the contenders and whoever gets pinned gets eliminated from contention. Kofi would pin Owens to eliminate him. The next week, a tag match between the four remaining guys is announced where the McMahons pair Kofi and Rowan against R-Truth and Andrade with the winners advancing. Rowan would pin Ali to get the win. After the match, Andrade would attack R-Truth for losing, with Zelina attacking Carmella as well to set up a mixed tag match between the two teams for the Mania Pre-Show. Then the week before Mania, Kofi pins Rowan in a match the Bryan desperately tries to help Rowan win to set up the match.

11. RAW Women’s championship Ronda Rousey (c) vs Becky Lynch vs Charlotte Flair

OK, I’m a little confused is Becky legitimately hurt? Either way, they are so far down this injury angle rabbit hole that Becky needs to avoid confrontation for a few weeks and just do some mic work in the mean time to make it believable that she could beat Charlotte and Rousey at this point. I’d have Charlotte call out Ronda this week and declare that she helped Becky because she knew she couldn’t pin Charlotte at full health. Charlotte challenges Ronda to a one on one match, but Ronda declines and dodges. Then the week before Mania Charlotte finally gets Ronda to agree to a match in which Becky comes out on commentary, still hobbling on a crutch. Becky interrupts that match and makes a show of throwing off the brace and crutch to show she’s fully healthy before clearing the ring in a no contest match. Becky goes on to win the belt.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: My Road to Wrestlemania

Postby VaderBomb » Mar 14, '19, 9:45 am

Nice write-up. According to rumors, Joe may be defending the US Championship againt Cena. There are also rumors that Undertaker will be there (hopefully not in a match). The cruiserweight tournament has now come down to Tony Nese and Cedric Alexander to challenge Buddy Murphy. Angle also has his retirement match.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby The Legend » Mar 14, '19, 1:45 pm

VaderBomb wrote:Nice write-up. According to rumors, Joe may be defending the US Championship againt Cena. There are also rumors that Undertaker will be there (hopefully not in a match). The cruiserweight tournament has now come down to Tony Nese and Cedric Alexander to challenge Buddy Murphy. Angle also has his retirement match.

Yeah, I totally guessed on the CW match. Angle's retirement match could be good. I had 14 matches between pre show and Mania, saw a rumor today that there might be as many as 16 matches. I don't understand shoehorning Cena into a US title match at this point when Joe has been turning in such good work with so many guys on SD that have a better legitimate claim at the title than Cena at this point.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby prophet » Mar 18, '19, 5:36 pm

Apparently the show will be 18 matches and 8 hours long, which is stupid.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby The Legend » Mar 19, '19, 5:46 am

prophet wrote:Apparently the show will be 18 matches and 8 hours long, which is stupid.

Wait is this confirmed? A 3 hour preshow?

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Return to WWE