It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 4:26 pm

Bernie Sanders 2020

Post any national/international news discussions in this forum. Debates welcome.

Bernie Sanders 2020

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 19, '19, 1:04 pm

He's announced that he's running again. Yeah, baby.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: Bernie Sanders 2020

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 19, '19, 1:15 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7DRwz0 ... NDSogyPFXE

Babyface promo of the year. In WWE this would be a heel promo. :P

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Postby Everlong » Feb 19, '19, 6:23 pm

He probably doesn't have my vote in the primary this time, but you can damn sure I'm voting for whoever comes out of the Democratic primary in the general. All hands on deck to stop the insanity.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Feb 19, '19, 6:30 pm

Everlong wrote:He probably doesn't have my vote in the primary this time, but you can damn sure I'm voting for whoever comes out of the Democratic primary in the general. All hands on deck to stop the insanity.

Who do you think will get your vote in the primary? Of the field so far, at least.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Feb 19, '19, 6:44 pm

Hanley! wrote:
Everlong wrote:He probably doesn't have my vote in the primary this time, but you can damn sure I'm voting for whoever comes out of the Democratic primary in the general. All hands on deck to stop the insanity.

Who do you think will get your vote in the primary? Of the field so far, at least.

I haven't made up my mind yet. There's a lot of candidates and I still have to figure out who would be best.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Feb 19, '19, 6:46 pm

Hanley! wrote:

Pete Buttigieg!

He's got realistically little chance at taking it, but I love everything about him. He's young and fresh-faced. he doesn't have national political experience, which some may use as a detractor, but in his term as mayor of South Bend he's transformed what many called a "dying" rust belt town into a city with a bright technological future using a lot of progressive tactics. This is a city that's in one of the most conservative states in the country, and he's extremely popular there. He's also very impressive in interviews and speeches, and has a natural ability to connect with people.

Also of note: he's a gay military veteran who did tours in Iraq.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/201 ... of-vpx.cnn

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 20, '19, 6:31 am

It looks like Bernie probably had his chance so unlikely he'd win this time, but not many - besides the one Tim has cited, perhaps - that can mount a real challenge as a nominee against Trump. I mean, normally Presidents get another term but surely, SURELY, Trump doesn't*

*He probably will as he'll ramp up his shit all again

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby The Legend » Feb 20, '19, 9:10 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:It looks like Bernie probably had his chance so unlikely he'd win this time, but not many - besides the one Tim has cited, perhaps - that can mount a real challenge as a nominee against Trump. I mean, normally Presidents get another term but surely, SURELY, Trump doesn't*

I've stopped trying to make predictions about Trump's presidency and campaign, I get baffled every time I do.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Feb 20, '19, 12:52 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:It looks like Bernie probably had his chance so unlikely he'd win this time, but not many - besides the one Tim has cited, perhaps - that can mount a real challenge as a nominee against Trump. I mean, normally Presidents get another term but surely, SURELY, Trump doesn't*

Polls suggest Bernie is still the most popular politician in the US, and that's after the last few years of media outlets and political opponents from both sides of the aisle trying to discredit him. I'm sure the DNC will probably try to stack the deck against him if they can, but in my mind Bernie is the front-runner right now. His policy positions have never been more popular, his talking points have never shaped the conversation to the extent that they are right now. And he has the name recognition that he didn't have when he kicked off his 2016 campaign.

I'd presume Trump doesn't get reelected as long as he ends up facing someone with a more liberal/progressive vision, who advocates for actual change. If he was to run against Clinton again in 2020, I wouldn't be surprised if he won yet again. Because I don't think liberals want things to just go back to normal, they want change for the better. The demographics favour Democrats strongly if they actually turn up to vote. Trump will excite his base with his racism and hate speech, but the Democrats should win out if they run an exciting candidate themselves. Clinton wasn't that.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to News and Politics