It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 8:27 am

Jumping Ship to AEW

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Jumping Ship to AEW

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 11, '19, 11:39 am

There have been vague reports that some WWE wrestlers are unhappy with their role in the company and could potentially sign with AEW. Some names that have been mentioned are Zack Ryder, Tye Dillinger, Tyler Breeze and Dolph Ziggler.

Aside from these guys (which the jump remains to be clarified), which other WWE wrestlers would you like to see leave WWE and try and make a big name for themselves in AEW?

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: Jumping Ship to AEW

Postby The Legend » Jan 11, '19, 2:18 pm

Aiden English - I feel like a lot more can be done with his character and development, while being decent in the ring, but never given enough time of day in WWE.

Bayley - The WWE will never understand how to utilize her talent and her character and a fresh start somewhere else would be great for her career.

Cesaro - This guy is way too talented to just be stuck in a tag team that doesn't ever do anything interesting or entertaining.

Gallows & Anderson - What these guys have to do on TV is a joke.

Sanity - Use them or lose them WWE.

The IIconics - Admittedly, this is just to get them off WWE TV.

Tyler Breeze - He was my favorite act in NXT and then got to WWE and nothing happened.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Jan 15, '19, 5:24 pm

It's a balancing act. We'd all love to see under-pushed talent from WWE shining in another promotion. But if AEW want to present themselves as a fresh alternative, they can't load their roster up with WWE jobbers. A promotion filled with Tye Dillingers is unlikely to explode either commercially or critically.

I'd say they should focus on picking up some wrestlers that smart fans tend to love already, but who have been going under the radar due to bad booking or lack of television time. The Revival are the most obvious signees in WWE. Cesaro is just a body on the roster in WWE, but he could become a headline star in a new promotion without much trouble. Samoa Joe would be another fine choice. And there are a whole host of talented performers from NXT that they could look to steal, who came up through the indies and don't yet have WWE midcard-for-life stink on them.

I'm sure they'd love to grab a couple of main event names too, and Styles would be the pick of the lot. His contract is due to come up soon, and though I don't think they'll manage to sign him, it would be massive for them if they could. Nakamura and Balor are other names that I could see doing a lot better in AEW than in WWE.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 17, '19, 6:02 pm

I guess The Revival asked for their release. If that's the case I would assume that they will sign with AEW soon depending on how WWE reacts. We may get another Neveille-esque situation.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 22, '19, 1:33 pm

So from what I've read, the Revival won't be given their release. Sasha Banks also wants to leave, also Mike Kanellis.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Jan 22, '19, 2:16 pm

They're going to hold everyone hostage. They've already set the precedent with Bryan, Mysterio and Neville. Even less reason for them to be accommodating now. Though ultimately this could just increase the negativity around WWE as a company and make people hungrier for an alternative.

Imagine being on the biggest wrestling show in the world, getting television time every week, and yet still wanting to be released to pursue better options elsewhere? It's crazy. WWE's product is in the toilet these days.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Jan 22, '19, 8:44 pm

VaderBomb wrote:So from what I've read, the Revival won't be given their release. Sasha Banks also wants to leave, also Mike Kanellis.

For what it's worth, Maria pretty strongly disputed whether she or Mike wanted to leave WWE.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby prophet » Jan 23, '19, 2:32 pm

I'd say any main roster tag team would be better off away from WWE because they'd actually get to wrestle. WWE's main roster tag division is embarrassingly bad.

With that said AEW needs to be careful with who they recruit less they make the same mistakes TNA did. If you start hiring WWE rejects the company loses all credibility for me; bar special cases such as Neville.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 29, '19, 4:14 pm

Do you guys think that Ambrose is heading to AEW post-Mania? I wouldn't mind the return of Jon Moxley.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 30, '19, 12:14 pm

Not a clue who AEW are tbh but I did across some Youtube videos where it suggested CM Punk may be on his way there, but from all interviews he's given, returning to wrestling - never mind WWE - is far, far away. If this company can learn from where TNA went wrong then it could build up a nice, little product.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 30, '19, 12:19 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Not a clue who AEW are tbh but I did across some Youtube videos where it suggested CM Punk may be on his way there, but from all interviews he's given, returning to wrestling - never mind WWE - is far, far away. If this company can learn from where TNA went wrong then it could build up a nice, little product.

AEW is a new promotion that will be starting soon, created by Cody Rhodes and the Young Bucks. It stands for All Elite Wrestling. Some talent from NJPW, ROH and other independent promotions have signed along with Chris Jericho. CM Punk will not be joining the roster or returning to wrestling as far as I know.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 08, '19, 12:54 pm

New rumour is that Randy Orton could be headed there, but he may just be attempting to get a higher deal from WWE.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Feb 08, '19, 4:44 pm

Why would anyone want to pay money to feature Randy Orton in 2019?

I feel like he somehow has more name value than 99% of the wrestlers in the world, and less star power than 99% of the wrestlers in the world.

I know that shouldn't be possible, but that's Randy Orton for you.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 08, '19, 5:35 pm

Hanley! wrote:Why would anyone want to pay money to feature Randy Orton in 2019?

I feel like he somehow has more name value than 99% of the wrestlers in the world, and less star power than 99% of the wrestlers in the world.

I know that shouldn't be possible, but that's Randy Orton for you.

100% agreed. My bet is that he stays with WWE.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 08, '19, 5:49 pm

Kenny Omega signed a four year deal, but can still work NJPW shows if he chooses to. :tim

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Return to WWE