It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 4:00 am

Wrestle Kingdom

For any wrestling discussion non-WWE related, including TNA, ROH, independent wrestling, past wrestlers or the business in general!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Watching WK?

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes : 4

Wrestle Kingdom

Postby VaderBomb » Dec 19, '18, 2:03 pm

Pretty excited for this. Who is watching and who isn't? If so, which matches are you most looking forward to?

If not, are you a stupid idiot who hates wrestling and yourself? :P

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: Wrestle Kingdom

Postby Hanley! » Dec 19, '18, 3:10 pm

I'm already counting down to it. Wrestle Kingdom really takes the edge off the Christmas holidays coming to an end. It's great to have something to look forward to a week later. And Wrestle Kingdom is a show worth getting excited about in advance.

This year's show is one of the best cards on paper that I've seen in some time. It could even surpass Dominion 2018, which is the best wrestling show I've seen in years. Ibushi vs Ospreay could end up being the best match of the year. I don't think Tanahashi is capable of having a less-than-amazing match in the main event of the Tokyo Dome. Ishii vs Sabre had an awesome match during the G1; I love their clashing styles, so that should be another one to watch out for. KUSHIDA vs Ishimori is a fresh match for the Junior Heavyweight division. There's so much to get excited about.

Jericho vs Naito was great at Dominion, and I'm looking forward to Naito getting his win back. I'm a massive mark for Los Ingobernables de Japon, so I'm hoping they all leave the Dome with gold.

The only detraction from the card for me is some of the talent that hasn't made the show. That just proves the kind of insane depth on the New Japan roster at the moment, but there are substitutions I would have made if I were putting the card together. I like Cody & Juice, but in my mind there's no way they're more deserving of a Wrestle Kingdom singles match than Minoru Suzuki. He's been underused in the back half of this year.

Can't wait for this. I thoroughly encourage anyone who hasn't checked out New Japan in the past to give this show a try. The standard of wrestling is so much higher than WWE, and now that they bring in English commentators for all the shows it's far too easy to jump ship.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby VaderBomb » Jan 05, '19, 9:55 am

Every Championship changed hands. Great event overall. Very excited to see what happens with AEW.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Postby Hanley! » Jan 05, '19, 8:11 pm

This is my shit right here.

Great show. Not quite up to the standard of Dominion 2018, but I thought it was on the same level as the last couple of Wrestle Kingdom shows. Considering how long the show was, I thought it flew by. The main event was incredible, Naito was awesome, Okada carried Jay White to the great match that he needed, the junior heavyweight title match was a lot of fun, and Ospreay and Ibushi tore it up.

And most importantly LIJ left with all the gold. Really hoping that this is going to be Naito's year. And that Takehashi comes back. :(

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby prophet » Jan 08, '19, 5:18 pm

I preferred WK 12 to 13 but still enjoyed the show.

LIJ winning all the belts was needed given the lacklustre year they’ve had. Ospreay/Ibushi was great for what it was but I’d have liked it to go longer. Also wanted Kenny to be the only one to retain; I know he’s leaving but I’m more interested in the heavyweight title right now with Omega as champ over Tanahashi.

Got a kick out of seeing the RevPro belt defended and ZSJ winning it. Popped at the pop for Okada’s trunks but was sad he didn’t win - is it just me that just can’t seem to get on board with Jay White?

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to General Wrestling Discussion