It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 2:39 am

Raw has gotten so bad that they turned it into a storyline

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Raw has gotten so bad that they turned it into a storyline

Postby KaiserGlider » Dec 22, '18, 3:24 pm

After record low ratings and fan apathy, Raw had gotten so shitty that it actually forced WWE to acknowledge it on air and do something about it. A few weeks ago Seth Rollins cut a semi-shoot promo about how Raw sucks, and then last week they did what they always do when "it's time to shake things up again": cart out Vince McMachon.

Except this time they went a step further and brought out not only Vince but the entire McMachon family (minus Linda because she works in the fucking White House). The four of them actually cut a promo saying:

- "we are not listening to our audience"
- "we've been suffocating our superstars"
- The four of them will be "taking back" Raw and Smackdown (not clear from whom exactly they will be doing said taking-back, because do they not run the place already anyway? But Baron Corbin and Paige are no longer the GMs of Raw and Smackdown. So there's that.)
- They are going to listen to us and give us something new and fresh.
- There will be new superstars and new matches happening. (They have announced several NXT callups including EC3)

So what do you guys make of this? I don't think I've ever seen WWE acknowledge the staleness of their product to this extent. Considering that things usually always suck more than usual around this time of year until the Rumble kicks in and the writers almost wake up. But I guess record low ratings are ratings, and if things are bad enough that they felt the need to cut a promo like this, then things are bad.

Of course, I don't expect any meaningful changes to actually take place and this is likely nothing more than an emtpy statement to placate fans until Wrestlemania season. But hey, at least things won't suck as bad as they have the last few months, right?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Raw has gotten so bad that they turned it into a storyline

Postby Everlong » Dec 22, '18, 9:14 pm

As if the McMahons coming to "take back" RAW and Smackdown is something that'll freshen up the product :lol

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Messiah » Dec 23, '18, 8:58 am

tbh this made it less likely I'll even watch on the Road to WrestleMania

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Hanley! » Dec 23, '18, 11:08 am

Yeah, this is WWE all over to be honest. Nothing they've done so far has suggested that anything is really going to change. Ratings are down so they're:

A) adding more fucking McMahons to the shows. The last thing anyone should want to see.
B) claiming that they're going to start listening to the fans more. I'll believe it when I see it. The last time I remember this happening was when Shane returned. Things didn't really work out that way.

We'll have our proof pretty soon though. The Royal Rumble tends to be the show where WWE confirm that they don't give a fuck about their fans, and there will be a very clear indicator this year. Fans want Becky vs Ronda at Wrestlemania. WWE want Charlotte vs Ronda. If they give fans the former, they've actually turned over a new leaf. If they give fans the latter, they're the same foolish, stubborn wankers that they've been for the last decade. If they give us a triple threat, they're pretending to play nice, but ultimately doing things their own shitty way is still more of a priority for them.

WWE as a company seems to be entirely focused on branding these days. They don't create characters, they create brands. Every wrestler is distilled down to a generic stereotype, a specific set entrance, a cringe nickname and a catchphrase. Every pay per view has to have a corporate tagline. Every promo sounds like a press release. This to me looks like they're re-branding themselves as the "company that listens to its fans". And now that they've done that, they don't actually have to bother actually listening to the fans.

It's long been my opinion that Royal Rumble to Wrestlemania is actually the worst period of the year for WWE. The stories get even more dull, and there's even more filler. People just pay more attention because more of the "stars" pop up again. Because they're never too bothered creating stars during the rest of the year. As proven by the fact that Lesnar is once again the Universal champion. So I'm not anticipating that the product is going to improve any time soon, to the point that I'll want to watch it.

That being said, there are versions of the Wrestlemania card that I've seen rumoured that I would genuinely want to watch. I just have my doubts that we're getting those matches. I'm still not at all confident about Becky vs Ronda, and my appreciation much of the rest of the card is going to be heavily reliant on Triple H not being cleared on time, Batista losing interest, the Rock staying well away, and Undertaker fucking right off.

A 30 minute opening promo featuring the McMahons is absolutely the last thing that was going to convince me - or anyone in their right mind - that the show is actually going to change. I'm going to need actions and not empty words before I give them any credit.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby PorkChop » Dec 24, '18, 3:57 am

Have no fear guys, the Undertaker will be back soon to electrify the product.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Return to WWE