It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 6:21 am

Talk to me about wrasslin

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Talk to me about wrasslin

Postby prophet » Nov 21, '18, 3:29 pm

I only watch NXT really so I dunno what’s happening on the main roster besides the Saudi Arabia event where I saw that Shane McMahon became the best wrestler in the world.

So what’s going on. Name 3 things you’re digging right now and 3 things that suck right now - let’s talk.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Talk to me about wrasslin

Postby VaderBomb » Nov 23, '18, 9:01 pm

I don't watch Raw or Smackdown but I watch NXT and the PPVs.

Three things that I like right now:

1.) The booking and quality of matches in NXT The TakeOver events are pretty much untouchable as the highest quality big shows WWE have ever put on. 8)

2.) AJ Styles and Daniel Byran feuding over the WWE Championship. I'm so glad somebody shitty didn't end AJ's reign. The heel turn has been very interesting so far for Bryan. He has that old Danielson fire. :angry4

3.) I obviously want Roman to beat his illness but it will be refreshing to have him out of the main event picture while he hopefully gets well. :(

Three things that I dislike right now:

1.) Hoe they've made it blatantly clearl that the Women's Evolution movement is just a PR pander-fest pat on the back for the McMahons.. :jerk

2.) Brock Lesnar is Universal Champion... again. :O

3.) Triple H hasn't gotten creative control on the main shows yet. He's done an incredible job with NXT, NXT UK and 205. :nodding

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby Daz » Nov 26, '18, 5:10 am

Three things I like

1) Becky Lynch.

2) NXT is still awesome. Good storyline progression. Good matches. What more do you want?

3) New Japan still good. They've introduced a lot of new junior heavyweights over the past year which has given the Jr. Tag and Jr. division a much needed breath of life.

Also Bryan wresting again.

Three things I dislike

1) Lack of logic, progression or character development in WWE. It's been this way for years, but over the past year in particular it's gotten worse. I just need a little continuity week to week. There's always been this joke about WWE not expecting fans to remember past events, but they're literally asking us to not remember what happened the week before at this point. If nothing matters, why the fuck should I invest 3 hours of my time to watch Raw?

2) Vince McMahon's sense of humour. I don't need people pissing themselves to be a finish to a match in 2018. It just makes everyone look stupid and makes me feel stupid for watching.

3) 4 hour shows with a 2 hour pre-show. This was just about justifiable for WrestleMania, because it's Mania. But even then it's a slog to get through. Now it seems every bloody event is like this. Too much of a time investment, and frankly, I don't feel gratified enough by the product to sit through it all. It's particularly egregious when after having sat through a 2 hour pre-show, you literally have the announcers on the main show tell me it doesn't matter.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby prophet » Nov 28, '18, 5:48 pm

Did someone really piss themself?

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby VaderBomb » Nov 28, '18, 11:27 pm

prophet wrote:Did someone really piss themself?

Yup. Drake Maverick pissed himself because he was afraid of Big Show.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Return to WWE