It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 2:45 am

Who is your current favorite wrestler considering the entire roster?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Who is your current favorite wrestler considering the entire roster?

Postby VaderBomb » Nov 16, '18, 12:56 pm

Still sticking with my baby boy Bryan.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: Who is your current favorite wrestler considering the entire roster?

Postby The Legend » Nov 16, '18, 1:10 pm

My top 3 overall on main roster: Styles, Becky, Braun.

My favorite overall: Johnny Gargano.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Nov 16, '18, 2:27 pm

Is that historically, Vader? Or just based on right now? Cos from everything I've seen, Bryan's run since his comeback has been really uninspired.

For the main roster I'd have to say Styles and Becky, because every now and then I'll hear about one of them having a match or a segment that I feel compelled to look up on Youtube and that doesn't really happen much with anyone else. There's very few wrestlers who get me interested in watching WWE these days, as I've really soured on it over the last couple of years to the point where I find it almost unwatchable.

I do still watch Takeover shows, and NXT has been better than the main roster for years now. My favourite guy from the NXT roster is probably Pete Dunne, but he's better in the UK/Ireland indy scene (which he still works fairly regularly) than he is on NXT. In terms of the people I find most entertaining on NXT itself, I'd probably say Kyle O'Reilly right now. The whole Undisputed group are great, but he's my favourite of them.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Nov 16, '18, 10:14 pm

Bryan is still my favorite, even if his return has been up and down so far. The heel turn on Smackdown should be great. Bryan has been a face for so long, people forget that he was an even better heel. Becky has been killing it for a while now. Her promos are some of the best in the WWE. Styles is great, but the booking on his title run has been severly lacking (WWE does it to everyone). Rollins has been good and he consistently has the best matches. Ambrose's heel character looks to have promise.

NXT has so many great wrestlers, it is almost easier to name wrestlers I dislike. IMO, Ciampa is the best thing in all of wrestling right now. I also am a big fan of Shayna Bazler. She is everything Rousey should be.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby VaderBomb » Nov 17, '18, 11:26 am

Hanley! wrote:Is that historically,

Historically he is my favorite wrestler of all time but I'm talking currently. He's still my guy.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby prophet » Nov 21, '18, 3:26 pm

Basically everyone in the WarGames match.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Daz » Nov 26, '18, 5:12 am

Becky, Mustafa Ali and Buddy Murphy.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby prophet » Nov 28, '18, 5:47 pm

Oh and Elias. Elias is the man. I caught that promo he did with Owens the other month and the heat he got was insane.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Hanley! » Nov 29, '18, 2:20 pm

prophet wrote:Oh and Elias. Elias is the man.

Pity he's so boring in the ring. They're crying out for more babyfaces at the moment, and he's really getting over, but his lack of fire when wrestling is going to keep him at a certain level. It's hard to feature someone above a certain level if people never look forward to their matches.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Daz » Dec 03, '18, 7:39 am

Hanley! wrote:
prophet wrote:Oh and Elias. Elias is the man.

Pity he's so boring in the ring. They're crying out for more babyfaces at the moment, and he's really getting over, but his lack of fire when wrestling is going to keep him at a certain level. It's hard to feature someone above a certain level if people never look forward to their matches.

Pretty much nailed it there. He's just so boring in-ring. He's the babyface Baron Corbin.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Hanley! » Dec 03, '18, 1:22 pm

I'd be interested to know who everyone's overall favourites in the business are at the moment. Not just in WWE. I'd be particularly interested to see how many of those picked would be in WWE and how many would be working elsewhere.

If I was to draw up a list of favourites (which would be fairly difficult considering the amount of talent out there these days) it would take me quite a while to get to WWE. Even though I've always liked the NXT brand. The talent in New Japan and on the indies is just too strong right now, and they're better able to express their abilities.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby VaderBomb » Dec 04, '18, 2:59 am

Hanley! wrote:I'd be interested to know who everyone's overall favourites in the business are at the moment. Not just in WWE. I'd be particularly interested to see how many of those picked would be in WWE and how many would be working elsewhere.

If I was to draw up a list of favourites (which would be fairly difficult considering the amount of talent out there these days) it would take me quite a while to get to WWE. Even though I've always liked the NXT brand. The talent in New Japan and on the indies is just too strong right now, and they're better able to express their abilities.

Yeah, I was going to make this post dedicated to current wrestling in general but most of the time the posts in the General Wrestling Discussion forum don't get as much attention as the WWE one.

It's 4 in the morning here in Massachusetts so I'll come back tomorrow with a list of both my favorite WWE wrestlers alongside workers from all other promotions who I love.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Dec 04, '18, 12:17 pm

Hanley! wrote:I'd be interested to know who everyone's overall favourites in the business are at the moment. Not just in WWE. I'd be particularly interested to see how many of those picked would be in WWE and how many would be working elsewhere.

I'll be honest, most of my picks would come from WWE, mostly because I'm a lazy wrestling fan. I don't want to have to seek stuff out, do internet searches, hope video quality is good. I know when WWE is on and can record it easily. I watched Lucha Underground when it was on Netflix, but that only lasted two seasons. I try to catch some New Japan stuff when it's on a TV station that I have, but that's usually spotty and sporadic and only late Saturday night.

I like pro wrestling, which is why I still watch WWE. I'm not totally enamored with the product any more, but until a company comes along and can offer the same ease of access, I doubt I'll pay much attention outside of WWE.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Dec 04, '18, 1:29 pm

It's getting easier to access products all over the world though, with the rise of streaming services. The WWE Network isn't much more accessible than, say, New Japan World. And the production quality of other promotions has come on leaps and bounds over the last decade. It's better outside of WWE much of the time, because you don't have to deal with all the horrendous cutting and zooming.

It's never been easier to find free stuff online either. Some of the better indy feds even release some of their best matches on Youtube for the sake of promotion. The big advantage WWE has in terms of ease of access is their weekly television shows, but those have sucked forever. For the last decade, the best way to follow the product has been to skip the weekly shows and only watch the pay per views, and maybe the occasional viral angle from Raw.

It's worth trying some of the other stuff that's out there, because the quality isn't comparable. NXT Takeovers are at least always enjoyable, but this year even their best stuff feels a step behind the best from elsewhere in the world.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby prophet » Dec 18, '18, 5:17 pm

Will Ospreay is my favourite wrestler outside of the WWE. The guy is so entertaining to watch and I genuinely worry for him every time I see him compete because his style is so dangerous. Him vs Ibushi is the reason I’ll be taking the time to watch Wrestle Kingdom this year (I don’t care for Omega/Tanahashi or Jericho/Naito)

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Hanley! » Dec 18, '18, 7:54 pm

Ospreay is the man. I saw him face WALTER in OTT a couple of months ago, and I guarantee you the match blew away everything on the WWE main roster this year. He's the best week to week wrestler in the world right now, in my mind. Doesn't matter what kind of match he's having, or how many people are watching, he always delivers. Okada and Tanahashi are still probably better big match wrestlers, but he's catching up on them.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby VaderBomb » Dec 19, '18, 11:04 am

Here's my current top 15. This is going to be hard to rank them but I'll try to put them in order in typical countdown fashion. Mind you this is current and isn't only based on their in ring work but also a bit by the way that they are booked right now. In ring work is still more important to me.

Example of an omission: Chris Hero/Kassius Ohno is in my top ten favorite wrestlers ever, but right now he's not on my top 15 wrestlers in the world list. The ordering of these guys would be a bit different my on Greatest of All Time list.

15. Adam Cole
14. Tomasso Ciampa
13. Johnny Gargano
12. Will Ospreay
11. Cesaro
10. Zack Sabre Jr.
9. Minoru Suzuki
8. WALTER
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi
6. Tetsuya Naito
5. Kota Ibushi
4. AJ Styles
3. Kazuchika Okada
2. Kenny Omega
1. Daniel Bryan

This thing could totally change in a few hours but this is what my gut says right now.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Return to WWE