It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 4:39 pm

Big Heel turn at HIAC

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Big Heel turn at HIAC

Postby DBSoT » Oct 09, '17, 9:57 am

I never saw this one coming. Zayn is such a natural babyface that it almost feels wrong to imagine him as a heel. Hopefully, it works out like Daniel Bryan's heel run.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: Big Heel turn at HIAC

Postby Hanley! » Oct 09, '17, 11:21 am

It's crazy that WWE have ruined Zayn to the point where people are mostly happy that he's turned heel.

WWE can occasionally get heels right at least. They know how to book heat, and not much else. I'm sure Sami's character will be a lot more interesting and relatable now that we're not supposed to like him anymore. Funny how that works, isn't it?

In NXT, Zayn was one of the best faces the company has given us in decades. Much like Bayley actually. They managed to fuck both of them up entirely on the main roster. Vince just has no clue how to write or present a compelling face.

I was strongly against Sami turning until recently, but now I don't care. He's not going anywhere anyway. It's not like anything that happens on Smackdown matters.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Oct 09, '17, 12:26 pm

@Hanley! Unlike Bayley, Zayn was still getting babyface pops on a weekly basis. His booking has certainly been meh on the main roster, but he was still naturally liked by the fans. He is the complete opposite of a guy like Reigns. He is naturally liked, even while being booked weakly. So WWE goes and turns him heel because it works with the story being told. On the other hand, Reigns gets a mixed reaction (mostly boos), is booked very strong and WWE has no interest in changing his alignment to fit the crowd reaction/story.

I think Zayn can pull off a good heel character as long as his motives are made clear. I don't want to see a conflicted Zayn. Hopefully, he can have a similar heel run to Daniel Bryan and use that to transition back to a bigger face. As always, that is pending WWE writing. So yeah, he's fucked.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Postby Messiah » Oct 09, '17, 4:52 pm

A heel Sami Zayn teaming with a Kevin Owens with Jinder Mahal as WWE Champion and Baron Corbin as United States Champion.

Sounds like the kind of show I'm happy to be missing.

You know, I don't even have a problem with Sami Zayn turning heel. Its just the timing of it that sucks. They haven't even scratched the surface of his babyface potential on the main roster. If they were going to do this, then where was the months and months of frustration? We should have seen it play out on television. Instead, Zayn was barely involved in anything. He just floated around. They should have had him losing big matches on TV and PPV to add that layer to his character that would have made him turning heel make sense because he sees someone like Owens having so much success doing things the "wrong" way.

But that didn't happen. It was like they woke up yesterday morning and said, "hey, lets make Sami heel". Just a short-sighted move that could have been better than it was, but instead it is just another turn that nobody will care about a week from now and takes away one of the few wrestlers who can bring life to their program in 2017.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Oct 09, '17, 5:01 pm

^^^ They have been hinting at it over the course of this story. I mean Sami kept warning Shane about how dangerous Owens was and that Shane wouldn't be able to beat him by himself, as Sami kept trying to interject himself. So sadly, the worse news of this heel turn would seem the motives will be shallow, Sami didn't want Shane to prove him wrong and beat Owens, who Sami never really was able to get rid of. Basically, the polar opposite of what the Sami Zayn character has come to represent. I've always accepted that you have to treat wrestlers as all having bi-polar disorder to explain the differences in their face/heel characters, but this is going too far. I have no hope of the WWE even coming close to reasonably explaining all the logical inconsistencies that immediately spring to mind with this story.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to WWE