It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 3:55 am

Wargames is back at NXT Houston!!!!

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Wargames is back at NXT Houston!!!!

Postby DBSoT » Oct 04, '17, 7:47 pm

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Spo ... uston.html

I am so happy to finally see this match come back. It is also crazy how high HHH seems to be on Cole and ReDragon.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: Wargames is back at NXT Houston!!!!

Postby prophet » Oct 05, '17, 11:44 am

I can't believe they haven't included British Strong Style in this.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Oct 05, '17, 12:36 pm

@Str8shooter must be psyched!

prophet wrote:I can't believe they haven't included British Strong Style in this.

Man, that would have been so much better. I haven't been following the weekly television, but Roddy and Authors of Pain is such a weird pairing. I don't understand how they could have put that together. Is Roddy a heel now? Or are AOP faces? In either case, it's still an odd combination of styles.

I guess they can't have British Strong Style as a unit if they want Dunne to remain heel and Bate to remain face, but it's a little disappointing. That would have been a fucking awesome match.

I might have preferred a standard Wargames with just two teams. The three team versions historically aren't very good. But I guess six men isn't enough to justify two rings, so it just makes more sense to do it this way. I remain optimistic either way, because NXT rarely puts a foot wrong on Takeover shows. And it is cool to see the gimmick return.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 05, '17, 1:29 pm

Hanley! wrote:@Str8Shooter must be psyched!

Fucking rights! :P

I'm wondering why Roddy is teaming with the AoP as well. I didn't read the spoilers so I don't know if he's aligned with them or he just happened to have a problem with the other people and needed some teammates.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 05, '17, 1:36 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:

I'm wondering why Roddy is teaming with the AoP as well. I didn't read the spoilers so I don't know if he's aligned with them or he just happened to have a problem with the other people and needed some teammates.

Probably safe to assume that Roddy has beef with CFO, Authors have beef with Sanity, so they chucked them together.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Hanley! » Oct 05, '17, 1:45 pm

I actually don't even care that Bate and Dunne have been feuding, it should totally be British Strong Style in that last spot. I saw British Strong Style against War Machine and Jeff Cobb in Dublin earlier this summer and it's the best match I've ever seen live, so I'm really high on those guys. Now that Nick put the idea in my head, it'll be hard to settle for anything less. They could have a tenuous alliance and break up again after the show.

Those would be three really strong teams with some elite workers, all of whom would have support with the fans, and any of whom would be in with a shot of winning. It could be a match of the year.

This should hopefully still be very good though. And I think it's a great idea to hold off on Adam Cole facing McIntyre for the title. They should let Drew get some defenses in before he loses the belt to Cole.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Oct 05, '17, 1:49 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:

Probably safe to assume that Roddy has beef with CFO, Authors have beef with Sanity, so they chucked them together.

Without giving too much away, you are basically correct. I also assume that using AoP has to do with the size of them. It would be odd to do a WarGames match with mostly smaller guys since there would likely be a lot of dead space. Granted, British Strong Style would have been incredible to see.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Postby prophet » Oct 05, '17, 4:43 pm

Hanley! wrote:I actually don't even care that Bate and Dunne have been feuding, it should totally be British Strong Style in that last spot. I saw British Strong Style against War Machine and Jeff Cobb in Dublin earlier this summer and it's the best match I've ever seen live, so I'm really high on those guys. Now that Nick put the idea in my head, it'll be hard to settle for anything less. They could have a tenuous alliance and break up again after the show.

Those would be three really strong teams with some elite workers, all of whom would have support with the fans, and any of whom would be in with a shot of winning. It could be a match of the year.

This should hopefully still be very good though. And I think it's a great idea to hold off on Adam Cole facing McIntyre for the title. They should let Drew get some defenses in before he loses the belt to Cole.

The reason it popped into my head is because I remember Cole's gang jumped Pete Dunne after a match the other week then began beating down Wolfgang. Dunne teased going back to help (he ended up going back for his title as a true heel should) but the pop he got when it looked like he was about to tween it to fight Cole was huge.

Even on WWE programming with no kayfabe alliance between Dunne, Bate and Seven it wouldn't have been hard to put together...the Brits banding together to fight a common enemy then realising they're actually a badass unit.

I'm just bitter because British wrestling is currently the best it's ever been and I want the WWE UK folk to be involved as much as possible.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to WWE