It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 2:55 am

The Life of Pablo

Talk about your favorite music, bands, artists, music videos and more!

The Life of Pablo

Postby Messiah » Feb 17, '16, 12:08 pm

Yeezus has done it again.

Anyone listen to it yet? It's been on Tidal for a couple of days now. Who knows if Kanye will release it beyond that but you can sign up for a 30-day trial and listen to it.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: The Life of Pablo

Postby JDD » Feb 17, '16, 12:17 pm

I listened to it and loved it from start to finish. Loved seeing one of my favorite rappers right now, Chance the Rapper, kill it on the first track. His verse is probably my favorite on the album.

My favorite songs are Ultralight Beam, Father Stretch My Hands pt 2, Famous, Waves and Real Friends.

Only thing I wish is that he kept the version of Wolves he played on SNL last year with Sia and Vic Mensa.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 78

Postby UTK » Feb 17, '16, 1:21 pm

I'll wait until it's easier for me to listen for free. I'm not a big Kanye fan, but I absolutely love Chance, so I'm looking forward to listening to that track at the very least

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Messiah » Feb 17, '16, 1:24 pm

UTK wrote:I'll wait until it's easier for me to listen for free. I'm not a big Kanye fan, but I absolutely love Chance, so I'm looking forward to listening to that track at the very least

You can just cancel your subscription to Tidal after listening to it. 30 Day Trial.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 17, '16, 2:35 pm

It's absolutely incredible. Pretty much as good as it gets.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby UTK » Feb 17, '16, 4:29 pm

Messiah wrote:
UTK wrote:I'll wait until it's easier for me to listen for free. I'm not a big Kanye fan, but I absolutely love Chance, so I'm looking forward to listening to that track at the very least

You can just cancel your subscription to Tidal after listening to it. 30 Day Trial.

Good shit. I'll give it a listen in the next few days

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Feb 17, '16, 7:56 pm

I'm really digging this album (shocking to some of you, I know :lol), the only concern I have of this album is that it lacks a central theme that other Kanye albums had. For example Yeezus was about challenging coprations, racial inequality, and self empowerment. MBDTF was about the highs and lows of fame. Graduation was about graduating from school (the rap game). 808s and Heartbreak was about losing love.

It's almost as if this album sounds like a Greatest Hits CD. There really is no central theme and I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of lyrical content with the exception of a few songs like 30 Hours and No More Parties in LA.

However this album truly shines sonically, I mean the production is all over the place but it's so damn beautiful it's just indescribable. What I love is how Kanye switches the beat and adds random breakdowns into his songs that a listener wouldn't usually expect and it sounds so fucking great. For example, the ending of Famous is so euphoric, I get chills listening to it.

This album almost sounds like if 808s & Heartbreak and Yeezus had a love child. Sonically, I think it's safe to say it's Kanye's best. I'm going to have to give it a couple more listens and let this album marinate a little bit for me though. But overall, I'm truly satisfied.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Feb 17, '16, 7:57 pm

JDD wrote:I listened to it and loved it from start to finish. Loved seeing one of my favorite rappers right now, Chance the Rapper, kill it on the first track. His verse is probably my favorite on the album.

My favorite songs are Ultralight Beam, Father Stretch My Hands pt 2, Famous, Waves and Real Friends.

Only thing I wish is that he kept the version of Wolves he played on SNL last year with Sia and Vic Mensa.

The original version leaked and it's 100 times better than the one on the album.

http://www.audioclouds.net/index.php?a=track&id=169

Kanye should've kept that version on the album.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Return to Music