It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 9:20 am

"Who gives a shit what fucking One Direction do? Cocksuckers, all of them in rehab by the time they’re 30"

Talk about your favorite music, bands, artists, music videos and more!

"Who gives a shit what fucking One Direction do? Cocksuckers, all of them in rehab by the time they’re 30"

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 06, '15, 4:24 pm

Said Noel Gallagher in this monster interview with Esquire which took me a good 30mins to go through.

Read it and enjoy - good chuckle!

You can tell with some people an element of pretentiousness when they drop F-bombs in interviews but this guy is just him.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: "Who gives a shit what fucking One Direction do? Cocksuckers, all of them in rehab by the time they’re 30"

Postby Viazon » Nov 08, '15, 7:49 am

He's got a point. I don't think all of them will be in rehab but I'm betting at least one of them will. These fad boy bands never last. People will forget about them when the next one comes along.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 244

Re: "Who gives a shit what fucking One Direction do? Cocksuckers, all of them in rehab by the time they’re 30"

Postby prophet » Nov 08, '15, 9:25 am

Enjoyed reading that, cheers for posting. I love Noel, he's ace. I'm off to see him again next year knowing it'll be the same show I saw the other month because he's just fucking good live and the music is quality. Got my Stone Roses tickets as well on an unrelated note, which I'm buzzing for. Few highlights that made me laugh;

I fucking hate whingeing rock stars. And I hate pop stars who are just… neh. Just nothing, you know? “Oh, yeah, my last selfie got 47-thousand-million likes on Instagram.” Yeah, why don’t you go fuck off and get a drug habit, you penis?

I’ll tell you what’s wrong. Fame’s wasted on these cunts today. Bar Kanye. You watch him on the MTV Awards and you think, “You can fucking stay, you’re alright.”

I guaran-fucking-tee you this: The Stone Roses never mentioned “career” in any band meetings. Ever. Or Primal Scream, or The Verve. Oasis certainly never mentioned it. I bet it’s mentioned a lot by managers and agents now: “Don’t do that, it’s bad for your career.” “What? Fuck off!” Like when we went to the Brits and we’d won all those awards and we didn’t play. The head of the Brits said, “This’ll ruin your career.” Fucking, wow. I say to the guy, “Do you know how high I am? You know who’s going to ruin my career? Me, not you. Bell-end. More Champagne. Fuck off.”

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Nov 08, '15, 9:56 am

I find him a bit sad, if I'm being honest. I appreciate someone talking to the press with a bit of candour and not dialing back their opinions so as to not offend anybody. That makes for a more entertaining interview. But that he's almost 50 and still thinks the best way to be seen as relevant and cool is to spout swear words and try and say whatever offensive or racy thing pops into his head is pretty sad. I guess the fact that he got famous for being an immature cunt means that he never had any incentive to actually grow up.

He's also definitely got a major ego. And it's deserved in a lot of ways, the guy really is a great songwriter. Not the best singer in the world, or the best guitarist in the world, but he's written some absolutely killer music no doubt about it. But that he won't stop harping on about it makes him look like quite the twat.

As for One Direction, I don't think they're hurting anyone. I couldn't give any kind of a fuck about the band or what they're doing, but I don't see the point in speaking out about them with actual venom. Well, I guess I do actually: He's just trying to get some attention from the press who are clearly a lot more interested in them right now than they are in him.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to Music