It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 4:40 am

Dr Dre's Compton album goes to the top of the UK Charts

Talk about your favorite music, bands, artists, music videos and more!

Dr Dre's Compton album goes to the top of the UK Charts

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Aug 15, '15, 3:15 pm

This caught my interest today, anyone heard the album or any good tracks from it?

Dre's synonymous with some amazing beats throughout his career so intrigued by what this album is like but timed album release nicely with the new N.W.A movie otherwise might have been delayed by another ten years..!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Dr Dre's Compton album goes to the top of the UK Charts

Postby VaderBomb » Aug 15, '15, 6:13 pm

II listened to Compton once a few nights ago. It's well produced and contains some good songs. Despite being an album about Compton, the material is pretty soft compared to Straight Outta Compton or his first two records. Song for song it's still pretty strong. The moments when Kendrick show up are the highlights.

I'd give it a 7/10 on first listen. I really enjoyed it.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby Circled Square » Aug 16, '15, 7:36 am

Holy FUCK Snoop went hard. Kendrick's features....so great. Eminem, too. This could be AOTY.

Can't forget Game either.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Aug 16, '15, 9:23 pm

The production and mixing of the album is incredible. I love how cinematic the album sounds at times and how Dre tries to tell a story through every song.

I think it was really cool to see every feature bring a different story into the album that revolved around the city of Compton. Kendrick Lamar completely stole the show on this album though with so many excellent verses.

My favorite song on this album was Animals followed up by Deep Water.

Overall, I think this album is the perfect conclusion to the discography of the most important producer in Hip Hop history, Dr Dre.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Return to Music