It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 12:05 am

Kanye shows his benevolence, says he was wrong about Beck

Talk about your favorite music, bands, artists, music videos and more!

Re: Kanye shows his benevolence, says he was wrong about Beck

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 28, '15, 1:55 am

Also, I'd like to come back and say that I was inaccurate about my claims concerning Kanye's interruption of the Grammys.

Kanye interrupted the VMAs the first time around (not the Grammys) which is even better because they suck even harder.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby War Daddy » Jun 28, '15, 6:24 pm

Drop some singles in here and let me see them. Outside the Beatles band, I haven't heard or seen McCartney or Lennon( I know he's dead) reach the heights of their former selves.

And they've been sue 3 times as a band for ripping off others. Do you research. They call it "love ins".

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 122

Postby Everlong » Jun 28, '15, 7:21 pm

Just a few super successful Lennon singles.

I can guarantee you've heard of the majority of these, and there are many more from each that hit top 10.

And if you think the Beatles are shitty lyricists, I highly suggest you listen to:

Eleanor Rigby
A Day in the Life
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Penny Lane
Strawberry Fields Forever
Something
In My Life

I could go on. I honestly have no clue how anyone who's ever listened to more than one or two Beatles songs could claim they're bad songwriters. It's what they were known for. You can definitely make an argument for them having a lack of technical prowess on their instruments, but they were INCREDIBLE musicians overall, and even better songwriters.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 29, '15, 2:12 am

Alpha Beast wrote:Drop some singles in here and let me see them. Outside the Beatles band, I haven't heard or seen McCartney or Lennon( I know he's dead) reach the heights of their former selves.

And they've been sue 3 times as a band for ripping off others. Do you research. They call it "love ins".

27 number one singles???????????????? Do I really haves to post them?

Like I said, even if they didn't have that much singles success it's irrelevant to their realistic quality. Also, Lennon's top solo material is on the level of The Beatles' best work.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby PorkChop » Jun 29, '15, 10:10 am

The real question here is, when Alpha Beast says the Beatles 27 number 1 singles are shit, is he wrong, or simply inaccurate?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Viazon » Jun 29, '15, 11:17 am

There are a few Beatles songs I genuinely enjoy. Wouldn't call them masterclasses by any means, but I do enjoy them. I don't know which ones are no. 1 singles though.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Previous

Return to Music