It is currently: May 08, '24, 12:46 am

Kanye shows his benevolence, says he was wrong about Beck

Talk about your favorite music, bands, artists, music videos and more!

Kanye shows his benevolence, says he was wrong about Beck

Postby Everlong » Jun 22, '15, 2:57 pm

http://www.dc101.com/articles/news-4780 ... -13699908/

Bow down to the humility of the Kanye.

"I'm fine to apologize for inaccuracies. You know, I send flowers for inaccuracies. I talked to Beck's wife, and I think I had a point about Beyonce's album, but I think I was inaccurate with the concept of a gentleman who plays 14 instruments not respecting artistry."

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Kanye shows his benevolence, says he was wrong about Beck

Postby War Daddy » Jun 24, '15, 5:51 pm

All Hail Yeezus.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 122

Postby DBSoT » Jun 24, '15, 5:53 pm

Even his apologies include him being a self involved tool. "And I think I had a point about Beyonce's album."

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Jun 24, '15, 6:36 pm

Fun. We haven't had a Kanye controversy in a while.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 24, '15, 7:17 pm

Beck is a hell of a musician and an artist. A few of his records are personal favorites of mine. Odelay and Sea Change are two of the best records of the past 20 years.

With that being said, he's never made a masterpiece even near the level of Kanye's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy or Yeezus. Hell, those two LPs rival the best records that The Beatles put out.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Hanley! » Jun 25, '15, 5:26 am

No.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby PorkChop » Jun 25, '15, 6:27 am

Notice how Kanye doesn't say he's "wrong", but instead, merely "inaccurate".

Our lord and savior Kanye West could never be wrong.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Messiah » Jun 25, '15, 8:52 am

He was inaccurate.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 25, '15, 11:56 am

He was ignorant about Beck's artistry. Kanye was wrong by some definitions of the word, but not by all.

I assume that Kanye chooses to use this definition of the word 'wrong': "that which is wrong, or not in accordance with morality, goodness, or truth; evil".

Which in fairness, slightly works in his favor in this situation. So considering one of the actual definitions of the word 'wrong', I can understand why Kanye doesn't want to use the term because of how he's acted in the past concerning his own ego as an artist. 'Inaccurate' was the accurate word for his own personal experience and that's fine.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Kirbi » Jun 25, '15, 4:29 pm

Jesus, West is such an idiot. It's great the way he uses every possible opportunity to remind me of it, as well. Very considerate.

And West's music has little or nothing to do with how right or wrong he was on this. I heard a bunch of the songs from Beyonce's album back when it came out, and none of them were memorable or special. It's foolish to go to bat so heavily for something that unremarkable.

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 25, '15, 4:49 pm

Kirbi wrote:Jesus, West is such an idiot. It's great the way he uses every possible opportunity to remind me of it, as well. Very considerate.

And West's music has little or nothing to do with how right or wrong he was on this. I heard a bunch of the songs from Beyonce's album back when it came out, and none of them were memorable or special. It's foolish to go to bat so heavily for something that unremarkable.

He's not an idiot. He's a genius but socially awkward and it often seems like he has trouble getting his emotions out.

I agree that Beyonce's LP wasn't amazing but it was way better than the shit that Taylor Swift was putting out and Kanye got upset and lost his cool. That doesn't mean he's an idiot, he was upset that another undeserved pop singer won a grammy.

Kanye was ignorant for not listening to Beck before criticizing him. Beyonce isn't better than Beck on any level aside from singing/dancing. Unlike Swift, Beck wasn't an undeserving grammy winner. Anyway, Kanye didn't even go through with interrupting Beck and waited until afterwards to make some ignorant remarks.

I believe Kanye to be one of the more fascinating artists/personalities in the world.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Jun 25, '15, 4:53 pm

I have to admit that the notion of Kanye kindly and sympathetically sitting down with Beck's wife and sweetly explaining to her "look it's not that I don't like your husband, it's just that Beyonce's album was so much better" kind of amuses me.

Though it might just be that "what the fuck" kind of amusement over the fact that someone with so little sense, tact and class could be so successful. :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Kirbi » Jun 25, '15, 5:05 pm

VaderBomb wrote:
Kirbi wrote:Jesus, West is such an idiot. It's great the way he uses every possible opportunity to remind me of it, as well. Very considerate.

He's not an idiot. He's a genius but socially awkward and it often seems like he has trouble getting his emotions out.

I agree that Beyonce's LP wasn't amazing but it was way better than the shit that Taylor Swift was putting out and Kanye got upset and lost his cool. That doesn't mean he's an idiot, he was upset that another undeserved pop singer won a grammy.

Kanye was ignorant for not listening to Beck before criticizing him. Beyonce isn't better than Beck on any level aside from singing/dancing. Unlike Swift, Beck wasn't an undeserving grammy winner. Anyway, Kanye didn't even go through with interrupting Beck and waited until afterwards to make some ignorant remarks.

I believe Kanye to be one of the more fascinating artists/personalities in the world.

I didn't mention anything about Swift, and I don't see how that outburst somehow paves the way for him to be a jerk about someone else in the media years later. And wasn't the Swift award for a music video anyway? And didn't Beyonce win the bigger award? And isn't someone acting like that much of an insensitive, unapologetic, empathy-blind prat reason enough to think badly of them? :P

To be honest, I'm not a particular fan of the music of any of the parties mentioned. I will concede that I find West's music the most annoying though (every time I hear something of his on the radio it's incredibly sample-heavy. It just makes me sad that I'm not hearing actual Redding, Charles, etc.)

So to me he is an ass, whose presence on the airwaves has only served to annoy.

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 25, '15, 6:15 pm

Kanye West is severely misunderstood because of the way that he's presented to the masses via the media. He's done some wacky things and said some ridiculous things in ridiculous ways but the negative criticism against him is just as ignorant as his ignorance considering Beck.

I used to think that Kanye was a tool but I was wrong. He makes beautiful music and he's trying to make the world a better place at the same time. My theory is that he feels uncomfortable being a celebrity but also felt that he had no other choice but to use his position to fight the good fight. The issues that he covers, especially for black people are necessary and progressive. He's influenced a lot of great artists, including Kendrick Lamar (the undisputed king of the West Coast) who like Kanye, is using his position to better the world and spread spiritual love and harmony while also making some of the deepest, grooviest, funkiest most beautiful jams that I've ever heard.

I think it's awesome that Kanye interrupted the Grammys. The Grammys is a giant jerk-off festival where the end result is: artist gets a stupid statue and a pat on the back and the record industry comes out as the real winner. I think it's awesome that he interrupted Swift and I think it was ignorant but still fine for him to almost interrupt Beck. Like Beck said, Kanye had just as much of a right to be on stage as he.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 25, '15, 6:24 pm

@UTK, you're a fucking prick for neg-repping me 10 points after I let you get away neg-rep free from that Kung Fury thing where you talked out of your ass talking shit about me and my movie taste and couldn't back it up.

You neg repped me 10 because of my opinion of an artist that I love. That's weak as all hell, man. :kanye

I've been moved to tears listening to My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

In my opinion, The Beatles are in the top three greatest bands of all time (alongside The Beach Boys and Pink Floyd) and yes, I stand by my opinion that My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is as strong as their best records. It's individual song-strength, production, overall depth in theme, replay value and importance/cultural significance is on that level 100%.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby War Daddy » Jun 25, '15, 7:30 pm

The Beatles sucked. Go ahead neg rep me, I dont give a damn.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jun 25, '15, 7:36 pm

Kirbi wrote:And West's music has little or nothing to do with how right or wrong he was on this. I heard a bunch of the songs from Beyonce's album back when it came out, and none of them were memorable or special. It's foolish to go to bat so heavily for something that unremarkable.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jun 25, '15, 7:37 pm

Vaderbomb is the GOAT user imo.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 25, '15, 7:49 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:The Beatles sucked. Go ahead neg rep me, I dont give a damn.

Care to back that statement up?

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 25, '15, 7:51 pm

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:Vaderbomb is the GOAT user imo.

:O So does that make me SC's Bryan Danielson?

I honestly haven't heard that whole Beyonce LP, just a few tracks. Probably should.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Next

Return to Music