It is currently: May 08, '24, 3:07 am

Worst band you've seen live?

Talk about your favorite music, bands, artists, music videos and more!

Worst band you've seen live?

Postby PorkChop » Apr 03, '15, 5:47 am

Mine was Wheatus.

They were supporting Bowling for Soup at some tour back in like 2006(?), all my friends were going so I thought I'd tag along. Wheatus were complete shit - I don't think I've ever seen a crowd so disinterested in a band ever. All of their songs sounded the same, and between songs you could've heard a pin drop. Eventually they cracked out Teenage Dirtbag towards the end of their set but nobody cared. People didn't even care enough to boo them off, they just left quietly.

Who was the worst band you've seen live?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Worst band you've seen live?

Postby Hanley! » Apr 03, '15, 6:14 am

I've seen a couple of wretched support acts, so it would be hard to rank one over the other. I do remember that when I saw the Offspring back in 2004, they had this awful screamo band with a female singer as their first support act. It was just pure noise. The band was called 'The Start'. I'm not sure if they're even still going at this point, but if anyone ever sees them on the ticket of a show they're going to as a support act, make sure you arrive late. They're absolutely awful.

The worst headlining band I've seen was Paramore. Now I'm not exactly a big Paramore fan anyway, but they hadn't been around too long when I saw them. I'd guess it was around 2007 or 2008. I'd heard a few of their songs and thought they were okay, but the main reasons I was going is because I had friends who were going and because the tickets only cost about €20. I'd be surprised if this hadn't at least doubled or even tripled over the next few years.

Anyway, they were shit. Well maybe that's not fair. They weren't aggressively awful like 'the Start' were. It wasn't painful on the ears. But it was a very underwhelming show. They only played for about an hour first of all. When the headline act is barely playing for longer than the support acts, that's a problem. They had no charisma whatsoever. The band barely interacted with the crowd at all, they might as well have been in a recording studio. And when the singer did say a few words it sounded patronising to the audience, and it was all "thank Jesus" and that sort of thing. I suddenly realised I was watching a second rate Creed with a female singer. At least the musicians in Creed were talented.

You couldn't pay me €20 to go see them again now, both based on that thoroughly mediocre performance and the body of work they've put out since then. They're not good.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Daz » Apr 03, '15, 6:58 pm

Second rate Creed just made me die laughing.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Westcoastvibes » Apr 04, '15, 10:44 pm

Not in person live but it seems like every single rap group/artist you hear play live on awards shows, late night or any sports events suck balls. I assume its because most rap music is heavily produced and mixed making it extremely hard to match the recorded sound in a live venue.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby UTK » Apr 04, '15, 11:05 pm

Smashmouth.

They played at my local park a few years ago. For free.

Just to give you an idea of where they're at in their careers.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Viazon » Apr 05, '15, 2:50 am

Westcoastvibes wrote:Not in person live but it seems like every single rap group/artist you hear play live on awards shows, late night or any sports events suck balls. I assume its because most rap music is heavily produced and mixed making it extremely hard to match the recorded sound in a live venue.

I have found that most rappers can't rap live the way that they do on the record. Eminem, for example, always has someone backing him up and rap some of the lyrics for him. When I saw him, the other rappers who were supporting him were doing the same.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby flock u » Apr 05, '15, 3:29 am

Worst band I ever saw live was definately Black Sabbath on their last tour. Ozzy should just stop doing live shows at this point it's just sad. Tony and Geezer were fine so what the guy who was doing the drumming for the tour. But Ozzy was just shit.

flock u Male
Jobber
Jobber

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 3

Postby Westcoastvibes » Apr 05, '15, 9:12 am

Viazon wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:Not in person live but it seems like every single rap group/artist you hear play live on awards shows, late night or any sports events suck balls. I assume its because most rap music is heavily produced and mixed making it extremely hard to match the recorded sound in a live venue.

I have found that most rappers can't rap live the way that they do on the record. Eminem, for example, always has someone backing him up and rap some of the lyrics for him. When I saw him, the other rappers who were supporting him were doing the same.

It always feels like the lyrics are muffled, and the beats sound like they are not crisp. I do think it has to do with how overly produced rap music is, it would make it hard to play something live when the original recoding has hundreds of hours of production intoit

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Return to Music