It is currently: May 04, '24, 6:11 am

Wtf happened to Mumford and Sons?

Talk about your favorite music, bands, artists, music videos and more!

Wtf happened to Mumford and Sons?

Postby Everlong » Mar 09, '15, 3:44 pm

That's their newest single. It sounds like a below-average Coldplay radio tune.

Wtf happened? They became international successes because they brought a new subset of folk pop to the mainstream, not because they put out shit like this. Disappointing.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Wtf happened to Mumford and Sons?

Postby Kyle » Mar 09, '15, 3:53 pm

I like it. It is certainly different but I think it's always good for a bad to change it up a little.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 7

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 09, '15, 5:13 pm

They want that Top 40 money babay!!

Tim it's only the first song on the album, no need to get too worked up yet.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Romo » Mar 09, '15, 5:15 pm

I like it, my biggest problem with their first two albums was how similar they sounded so doing something new is nice, I really enjoy the sound

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby EmperorWu » Mar 10, '15, 4:34 am

No es bueno. :(

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby xgamr » Mar 10, '15, 5:34 am

album versions can always differ from the singles version. wait and see

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby Everlong » Apr 09, '15, 4:23 pm

Man, it's like someone ripped out their soul.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » May 26, '15, 2:37 pm

Anybody heard the rest of the album yet?

It's pretty terrible. It sounds like a cheap Coldplay imitation. And not even old, good Coldplay. They completeyl abandoned everything that made them such a breath of fresh air, it's like someone ripped out their souls.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Daz » May 26, '15, 2:52 pm

Everlong wrote:Anybody heard the rest of the album yet?

It's pretty terrible. It sounds like a cheap Coldplay imitation. And not even old, good Coldplay. They completeyl abandoned everything that made them such a breath of fresh air, it's like someone ripped out their souls.

Even good bands make bad albums in an effort to grow and try new things creatively. Muse have been doing it for years.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Everlong » May 26, '15, 2:53 pm

I'm not sure this is so much an effort to grow creatively as it is to grow their platform.

There's nothing vaguely artistic about this album. It's soulless, emotionless drivel.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Daz » May 26, '15, 2:56 pm

Everlong wrote:I'm not sure this is so much an effort to grow creatively as it is to grow their platform.

There's nothing vaguely artistic about this album. It's soulless, emotionless drivel.

I'd say the same thing about every Taylor Swift song ever, but she must connect with some people. That's the thing about creativity I guess. What's art to some, is trash to others.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby War Daddy » May 26, '15, 3:32 pm

It's like that south park episode where everything you like turns to shit.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Locke » May 26, '15, 3:57 pm

I heard one of these (not sure which) on the radio the other day and thought it -WAS- Coldplay for the entire song until the DJ at the end said "And that was Mumford and Son's new single," and I was very saddened.

Hopefully Of Monsters and Men stick to the indie-folk stuff, because I really dug those two bands, and now I only dig one of them (Monsters).

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby EmperorWu » May 26, '15, 5:00 pm

Who knew selling your soul to the record labels would make you sound like Coldplay. Coldplay the English Nickelback. :(

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Locke » May 26, '15, 5:24 pm

I still like Coldplay, but only when I'm listening to Coldplay. I don't want other bands to sound like Coldplay. I want them to sound like other people who have probably also fucked Gwyneth Paltrow, but not Coldplay themselves.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Ali » May 26, '15, 5:48 pm

I like Coldplay, but come on, they're basically Diet U2. So now I guess that makes Mumford & Sons, what, the Sierra Mist of pop-rock?

I was never a huge fan of Mumford, but I agree with Tim. At least they had a distinct personality and sound. That first song, "Believe", just sounds so bland, generic, soulless. It does absolutely nothing for me. It literally sounds like Coldplay trying to sound like U2. It's filtered so down into such lifeless drivel.

The second song, "The Wolf", is so strange. I don't get Coldplay from this one, I get, of all things, a fourth-rate "Everlong" wannabe. I like that sound, but it sounds so wrong coming from this group.

The one song I know from them is "I Will Wait," and that is folksy, bluegrassy, banjo twangs, it has it's own distinct style. To go from a song that interesting into these? That's kind of a sellout move.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Return to Music