It is currently: May 12, '24, 5:59 pm

The 40 WORST Billboard Hot 100 #1 Songs

Talk about your favorite music, bands, artists, music videos and more!

The 40 WORST Billboard Hot 100 #1 Songs

Postby Ali » Nov 03, '13, 5:46 pm

1,030. That is how many individual songs have hit the number one spot on Billboard's Hot 100 since it's inception on August 4, 1958. And because I have nothing better to do, I have listened to every single one of them. From Ricky Nelson to Lorde, some were good, some were bad, and I'd like to share with you my 40 least favorite, and my 40 favorite. We're gonna start with the worst because that's always fun.

Also, keep in mind three things. One, this is an opinion-based list, and you are free to disagree with me. Two, I am not a music expert, this is just what I like and what I don't. Three, only one song can represent any given act per list, and it will be one song per post. With that said, let's get started.

[hide][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTz5xjmso4[/youtube]
Sean Kingston - "Beautiful Girls"

Here's the thing. Sean Kingston just isn't a very good singer. He's definitely not the worst voice on this list, trust me, we'll get to those... but he's just got a bit of a whiny voice that doesn't work for me. But what really puts it on this list is sheer, abject laziness. See, this song samples the Ben E. King classic "Stand By Me", and I have nothing against sampling, as long as you do something interesting with it. Kingston doesn't, merely lifting the entire backing track from this song. He barely even tries to match his vocal to the music. It just seems like he didn't want to do actually write any music, so he just pulled a good song out of the archives and used it's music. It's lazy, and I don't tolerate laziness hitting #1.[/hide]

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 43

Re: The 40 WORST Billboard Hot 100 #1 Songs

Postby GNR » Nov 03, '13, 5:49 pm

That song was annoying af.

GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 18

Postby Viazon » Nov 03, '13, 6:16 pm

That song was a bit annoying. But there was a time when I thought it was quite decent. Mainly because when it first became a hit, I was on holiday and we would hear it all the time and now it just reminds me of that holiday.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Ali » Nov 03, '13, 8:56 pm

A lot of people, for some reason, really hate Bryan Adams. Particularly, people seem to loathe the song "Everything I Do, I Do It For You", from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Honestly, though, I don't get the hate. It's not a song I'd choose to listen to, but I can't really understand why people get so mad at it. Especially when we have THIS Bryan Adams song to throw our anger at!

[hide][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq2KgzKETBw[/youtube]
Bryan Adams - "Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?"

Is there anyone on planet Earth who needs to be lectured in the ways of romance by Bryan Freakin' Adams? No. And while I can get behind the Spanish guitar sound, why not get a Latino singer to do this? I would buy this more from early Enrique Iglesias than this guy! And even if the music is okay, the lyrics are really weak and patronizing. According to Mr. Adams, women need a man to feel complete, and men are all losers who have no idea how to treat a woman properly. This guy's not romantic, he's just one of those idiots who whines about how girls only go for assholes. I really hope he gets beaten up by some bros later.[/hide]

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap

Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author

Postby Viazon » Nov 04, '13, 6:26 am

I love Everything I Do! Classic song. They would play that sometimes in the night club when me and my friends were out. Usually right at the end of the night. I remember once, me and two of my friends were so hammered, we were all basically slow dancing with each other.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Kyle » Nov 14, '13, 12:52 pm

This is going to be an awesome thread!

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby Settee » Nov 25, '13, 10:29 pm

Kyle wrote:This is going to be an awesome thread!

And it died already...

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby Ali » Dec 05, '13, 11:14 pm

Truthfully, I'm trying to figure out the best way to make this a video list. That's why it's on hold.

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap

Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author

Postby Westcoastvibes » Dec 05, '13, 11:19 pm

Ali wrote:Truthfully, I'm trying to figure out the best way to make this a video list. That's why it's on hold.

Why not just make your list in one post numbering from 40-1 or 1-40 with a link next to it.
If you try to put each one in a separate post with a explanation of why you put it there you will we doing this for 3 months

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Return to Music