It is currently: May 12, '24, 1:16 am

ALL HAIL YEEZY!

Talk about your favorite music, bands, artists, music videos and more!

ALL HAIL YEEZY!

Postby Ace » Sep 08, '14, 4:16 am

@DanielsonTHAGOAT

OMFG you guys!

I'm going to tell this beautiful story from honest start to honest finish, as to why I LOVE KANYE WEST!

So after a weeks without smoking, I decided to smoke some weed some time this morning at around 2:40 AM where I'm at (Chicagoland). I'm experiencing an awesome high :nodding and so this may seem emotional and crazy but it's an epiphany!

I'm not sure how well or emphatically I've ever voiced my hatred for Kanye West but I thought that the guy was an absolute douchebag. But things have changed...

So I'm laying on my comfortable ass couch in my living room in the dark when I decided to go onto YouTube to mellow out to some alternative. Instead I chose something that has changed me.

On my suggestions section I glimpsed at some of my subscriptions and saw WatchMojo.com (for those of you who don't know, Watch Mojo is a YouTube channel & website that show top 10 themed lists). One of the videos under my WatchMojo.com subscription read, "Top 10 Kanye West songs".

At that moment I said to myself, "Ace, c'mon man. Give Kanye just ONE shot. One chance to remind your why he's so famous."

My response was, "You know what self, you're right. Just ONE chance should be enough for Kanye.
One video Kanye, you've got one video's chance to finally bury this hatred I have for you."

The 10 songs that WatchMojo.com chose was as follows:

10. "Through the Wire"
9. "Can't Tell Me Nothing"
8. "Heartless"
7. "Flashing Lights"
6. "All Falls Down"
5. "Diamonds from Sierra Leone"
4. "Gold Digger"
3."Stronger"
2. "Runaway"
1. "Jesus Walks"

Honorable Mentions:
"All of the Lights"
"Good Life"
"Black SKinhead"
"Power"
"Homecoming"

In my state at the time all of this was all so intensified & it's was a changing experience.

Danielson knowing that you are a huge advocate of Kanye's, I HAD to tag you in this so that you could see this for yourself.

Kanye West is one of the greatest artists of all time...

That is all...

Link to video...
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TdywLqDdiI&list=UUaWd5_7JhbQBe4dknZhsHJg[/youtube]

Last edited by Ace on Sep 08, '14, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 35
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: ALL HAIL YEEZUS!

Postby Everlong » Sep 08, '14, 11:44 am

Ace wrote:I'm not sure how well or emphatically I've ever voiced my hatred for Kanye West but I thought that the guy was an absolute douchebag.

Hey, you can like the guy's music but still think he's a douchebag. That's how I feel about John Mayer :P

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Sep 08, '14, 12:07 pm

Takes drugs; Makes bad decision. It's the typical tragic drug story.

My childhood teachers told me that these things could happen. But I never thought it'd happen to you, Ace. :(

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Ace » Sep 08, '14, 12:55 pm

Hanley! wrote:Takes drugs; Makes bad decision. It's the typical tragic drug story.

My childhood teachers told me that these things could happen. But I never thought it'd happen to you, Ace. :(

I would've agreed with you a week ago. I guess that under the influence Kanye's grip was too intense

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author
Topics: 35
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: ALL HAIL YEEZY!

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Sep 08, '14, 8:22 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed Kanye's music. I saw that WatchMojo video too (btw WatchMojo is the greatest thing ever for killing time) and they did a pretty decent job on that list.

If you have a chance, take the time to listen to some of his albums from start to finish. Honestly, every Kanye album only has 1 bad song IMO. Every album has immaculate production and are structured extremely well.

I'd suggest with Graduation, it's the most friendly album to people who don't religiously listen to Hip Hop or are just unfamiliar with the genre.

My favorite song from that album. Just a beautiful produced track.

After that, I'd start with Late Registration. It's kind of like a mix between a Disney movie score with hip hop thanks to all the orchestra in the album.

My favorite song off that album ^^

If you still want more Kanye, listen to My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. It's considered to be the best Hip Hop album of all time and was just ranked as the best album from the decade of 2000-2010 but a couple of publications.

Another excellent song. incredible.

After you get done listening to all that, let me know if you need more that was just only half of his discography :lol .

Last thing, if you love Kanye's production. Check out Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon, Kid Cudi - Man On The Moon 2, and Common - Be. He has his fingerprints all over production/engineering on those albums.

Welcome to the club, Ace

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Return to Music