It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 8:46 am

Country music is terrible

Talk about your favorite music, bands, artists, music videos and more!

Country music is terrible

Postby Everlong » Jun 20, '14, 12:05 pm

It should be considered child abuse to play music from this genre in front of anyone under the age of 18.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Country music is terrible

Postby DBSoT » Jun 20, '14, 12:23 pm

I have had this discussion before. Country now a days is basically pop music with some twang. Country used to be better, but dropped off horribly in recent times. Also the lyrics are all basically the same thing. I do like some country like Darius Rucker's Wagon Wheel, but the average song now a days is just terrible. Like I said its basically pop music which is terrible music as well. Too be fair though most popular music is a train wreck. Pop, Rap, Hip Hop, and especially dub step are all trash generally. With some exceptions. I am a bit picky though. The worst music of all time is dub step, but country is up there.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 20, '14, 12:38 pm

Meh, I don't mind me some country from time to time.

Also, Dave Matthews is shit.... :D

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby HFX » Jun 20, '14, 12:39 pm

:angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4 :angry4

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby ShaneOfan » Jun 20, '14, 12:41 pm

Don't forget how after 9-11 they all very heroically walked into their nearest recruiting offices, picked up a pen and then wrote their names in big bold letters on a sheet of paper and wrote a song. True Patriots they are! One of them even wrote a song about being an American Soldier. The others just made money off the tragic events. USA USA USA!

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Everlong » Jun 20, '14, 12:55 pm

HFX wrote:Image

I will, and then it will become the subject of the next big country hit, so long as I sing about Chevy trucks and cowboy boots as well :D

And ugh yeah ShaneO, "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" springs to mind.

@Str8Shooter you're going to have to try harder than that buddy :tim

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Ali » Jun 20, '14, 1:07 pm

Half the time in pop-country, I can't even tell if they're talking about a truck or a girl. They're honestly interchangable.

"She had long tan legs with the big mud tires and a big ol' hemi engine and tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiits."

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Postby War Daddy » Jun 20, '14, 4:12 pm

I love country but none of this bullshit pop country that you hear constantly. There is very little good country left because lal you hear is that cunt Luke Bryan, FLorida Georgia Line, and that other dude. It's horrible how things have gone downhill for such a beautiful genre.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Philip Rivers » Jun 20, '14, 4:20 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:I love country but none of this bullshit pop country that you hear constantly. There is very little good country left because lal you hear is that cunt Luke Bryan, FLorida Georgia Line, and that other dude. It's horrible how things have gone downhill for such a beautiful genre.

Don't be mad at big money Luke. What'd he do to you? Stack his money tall, be famous and get lots of bitches. Took a chick to one of his concerts during the Rodeo in Houston, Tx, amazing night afterwards. Image

It's not big money Lukes fault he's more successful than the corn fed hill billy Indiana Pacers. Image

Country is George Straight though, yall are trippin. I reckon bein here in tha Southern atmosphere, it's only naturally right to enjoy some good ole' country every once in a while.

Philip Rivers Male
B+ Player
B+ Player

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 100

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 20, '14, 5:05 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:I love country but none of this bullshit pop country that you hear constantly. There is very little good country left because lal you hear is that cunt Luke Bryan, FLorida Georgia Line, and that other dude. It's horrible how things have gone downhill for such a beautiful genre.

I actually like both those you mentioned.

Although it's possible it because they're more modern and pop-ish that I like them.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby War Daddy » Jun 21, '14, 4:47 am

Philip Rivers wrote:

Don't be mad at big money Luke. What'd he do to you? Stack his money tall, be famous and get lots of bitches. Took a chick to one of his concerts during the Rodeo in Houston, Tx, amazing night afterwards. Image

It's not big money Lukes fault he's more successful than the corn fed hill billy Indiana Pacers. Image

Country is George Straight though, yall are trippin. I reckon bein here in tha Southern atmosphere, it's only naturally right to enjoy some good ole' country every once in a while.

George Strait is the king of country. Undisputed. Grew up on his music. He brought in 18 MILLION alone on his last concert. Doesnt include merchandise either.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby HFX » Jun 21, '14, 7:12 am

I like Easton Corbin, Dean Brody and Brantley Gilbert for newer acts and Montgomery Gentry and Ronnie Dunn are pretty damn solid. Plus good ole Corb Lund is the fucking best :tim. My favorite acts will always be classics like Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Hank Jr, George Strait and "the king of country pop" Garth Brooks but today's stuff has some good acts. I definitely enjoy it more than most of todays radio music.

Like c'mon Truck Yeah! is a work of art compared to this:

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby DBSoT » Jun 21, '14, 7:39 am

Can we add it to the rules of this forum that the "Selfie" song never be posted. I don't want the IQ of this place to drop.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Everlong » Jun 21, '14, 9:21 am

The "Selfie" song is actually meant to be completely satirical, but it got popular because lots of people didn't understand that :lol

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Jun 21, '14, 9:34 am

Everlong wrote:The "Selfie" song is actually meant to be completely satirical, but it got popular because lots of people didn't understand that :lol
That the worst part though. It was meant to be funny, but its much more annoying than entertaining. Its the same problem with any PSY song. Its also a example of how sad society has become.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby War Daddy » Jun 22, '14, 8:24 am

Can we all just agree that George Strait is THE King?

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » Jun 23, '14, 10:37 am

What Pittsburgh looks like after a country music concert:

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 23, '14, 10:42 am

Everlong wrote:What Pittsburgh looks like after a country music concert:

Please, that's not much different than Pittsburgh normally looks.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby DBSoT » Jun 23, '14, 10:45 am

Everlong wrote:What Pittsburgh looks like after a country music concert:

That is Detroit on a normal Wednesday.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby HFX » Jun 23, '14, 10:46 am

Alpha Beast wrote:Can we all just agree that George Strait is THE King?

Hank Jr > George Strait

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Next

Return to Music