It is currently: May 12, '24, 10:36 pm

Favorite Drummer

Talk about your favorite music, bands, artists, music videos and more!

Favorite Drummer

John Bonham
17%
Keith Moon
No votes
Roger Taylor
No votes
Buddy Rich
No votes
Neil Peart
33%
Lars Ulrich
No votes
Ringo Starr
No votes
Charlie Watts
No votes
Dave Grohl
33%
Other
17%

Total votes : 6

Favorite Drummer

Postby HFX » Apr 24, '14, 2:02 am

Like with guitarists there is a plethora of talented drummers out there and they often go unnoticed. Only bass gets less attention and glory from the masses. So PTF who is your favorite drummer? Make sure to find a clip of him in action.Again if your guy isn't on my list then vote Other and name him. I can only fit so many names in the poll.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 43

Re: Favorite Drummer

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 24, '14, 2:43 am

Great choices but I vote Other. My pick is Hal Blaine of the Wrecking Crew.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby Everlong » Apr 24, '14, 9:47 am

These polls may or may not be showing my Led Zeppelin fanboyness :lol I voted John Bonham, and it's really not all that close in my eyes. Second place would be Carter Beauford from Dave Matthews Band. That guy is absolutely ridiculous.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby PorkChop » Apr 24, '14, 10:59 am

Travis Barker.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Kirbi » Apr 24, '14, 2:55 pm

I went for Grohl - the drums on No One Knows are probably my favourite (followed by Wish by NIN).

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby Hanley! » Apr 24, '14, 3:15 pm

This is a hard one for me. Grohl is up there for me, he is an accomplished drummer. But I'm not sure I'd give him the top spot.

I'm showing a little bias here, but Sean Kinney from Alice in Chains is very underrated. He lays down some really interesting and intricate drum beats. 'No Excuses' has one of my favourite drum tracks.

Danny Carey from Tool is another favourite of mine. I don't listen to Tool too often these days, but I always thought he was vital to the band's sound.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Apr 24, '14, 3:19 pm

I just love watching this guy play. Check it out.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Everlong » Apr 24, '14, 3:22 pm

Also

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Viazon » Apr 24, '14, 5:08 pm

No love for Taylor Hawkins?

Anyway, I went from Grohl because the man is awesome.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby UTK » Apr 24, '14, 7:23 pm

Why the hell is Lars even a choice

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby HFX » Apr 24, '14, 8:13 pm

UTK wrote:Why the hell is Lars even a choice

BECAUSE IT WAS 2AM AND I FELT LIKE IT!

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Chewy » Apr 24, '14, 8:21 pm

Ringo Starr?

Have a word with yourself.

Wait, I see what you did, you just copied the Rolling Stone Magazine list.

Keith Moon is the correct answer.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby HFX » Apr 24, '14, 9:24 pm

Chewy wrote:Ringo Starr?

I did not. I don't even remember the last time I read a Rolling Stone magazine. I threw Ringo into the list simply because of The Beatles popularity. I guess I underestimated peoples tastes when making my lists. But notice I say FAVORITE not BEST. I purposefully made it so that I didn't ask who is the BEST drummer. Somebody's favorite drummer/guitarist/singer/murder weapon/etc may not be the best in the world but can still be their favorite. If it was Best Drummer I'd still have voted Neil Peart but I would not have added Ringo.

I'm not making anymore polls, y'all guys are fucking pissing me off.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Chewy » Apr 24, '14, 10:28 pm

HFX wrote:
Chewy wrote:Ringo Starr?

I did not. I don't even remember the last time I read a Rolling Stone magazine. I threw Ringo into the list simply because of The Beatles popularity. I guess I underestimated peoples tastes when making my lists. But notice I say FAVORITE not BEST. I purposefully made it so that I didn't ask who is the BEST drummer. Somebody's favorite drummer/guitarist/singer/murder weapon/etc may not be the best in the world but can still be their favorite. If it was Best Drummer I'd still have voted Neil Peart but I would not have added Ringo.

I'm not making anymore polls, y'all guys are fucking pissing me off.

Well if you didn't then you are pretty good then, it's almost perfect. One of the worlds foremost music publications agrees with you.

Fair point on the favourite vs best.

Even as a Beatles fan I take exception when Ringo is purported to be a great drummer.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby HFX » Apr 24, '14, 10:59 pm

Ya Ringo is good but not great. I think he was good enough for what The Beatles needed and that's fine.

And ya I only really read anything Rolling Stone related when Zakk Wylde is involved. I love Zakk Wylde. Sometime my friend shows me things but I don't seek it out. I've never looked at any of their lists as I think they are fan voted and fans are pretty stupid at times. I've had Metallica fans argue Kirk is the best guitarist and Lars is the best drummer in the world. As for my list I just named some of the great drummers I know of and tossed in Ringo and Lars because they are super famous and I really just wanted to finish my post :lol. As for John Bonham, Keith Moon, Roger Taylor, Buddy Rich, Neil Peart, Charlie Watts and Dave Grohl it ain't like they are obscure untalented names. Led Zeppelin, The Who, Queen, Rush, The Rolling Stones and Nirvana are some of the biggest names in music history and I like them all. And c'mon Buddy Rich is a drum legend and had a drum battle with Animal(who I was tempted to put on the list).

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Apr 25, '14, 2:55 pm

HFX wrote:I'm not making anymore polls, y'all guys are fucking pissing me off.

The problem probably wasn't so much your selections, but making it a poll in the first place. I like the poll function, but for a topic like this there are just too many options. There were always going to be people unhappy with the list, no matter what you chose.

I'm enjoying the topics a lot though, so don't be discouraged. You should make many more. :D

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to Music