It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 2:02 pm

What songs send chills down your spine?

Talk about your favorite music, bands, artists, music videos and more!

What songs send chills down your spine?

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Mar 09, '14, 2:41 pm

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 155

Re: What songs send chills down your spine?

Postby Hanley! » Mar 10, '14, 12:45 pm

I get the same feeling listening to the Nine Inch Nails version of Hurt, which I consider superior. Though Cash's is amazing also. A lot of the time it'll really depend on what mood I'm in - different songs will strike me at different times. But here's a selection.

This song really makes me happy. Learned it on guitar recently, but nothing beats that violin sound. I reckon I want this played at my wedding.

This song does not make me happy! :P But it's really intense and almost creepy and there's a lot of emotion in the vocals. It's hard to explain, but I find myself quite effected when listening to it sometimes.

'Nutshell' is just heartbreaking. That solo. That vocal performance. Perfect. Staley & Cantrell harmonize brilliantly in most Alice in Chains songs, but it's strangely appropriate that Staley handled this one by himself.

Another one that blows me away - this song manages to sound sad, but kinda happy, yet beautiful all at the same time. The organ is gorgeous.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Daz » Mar 10, '14, 1:07 pm

As a Zeppelin fan, I think it's fairly obvious I'm gonna say "Stairway to Heaven".

"Goin' to Acapulco" by Bob Dylan too, has always had this effect on me. I can't really explain why.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby ShaneOfan » Mar 10, '14, 1:28 pm

This song was great and chilling enough when they first did it, but something about seeing these two old men singing it now gives me chills.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Kreashko » Jun 26, '16, 6:30 am

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Return to Music