It is currently: May 09, '24, 7:29 am

I need some new music

Talk about your favorite music, bands, artists, music videos and more!

I need some new music

Postby Georgerv » Jan 04, '14, 9:26 pm

So I'm usually into Hard Rock/Metal and a little gothic metal too, but I'm looking to branch out a little, anyone got any ideas to diversify my ipod a little?

I used to be into a lot of Dance and Dubstep too, so any help on where to rejoin that scene would be welcome too

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 42

Re: I need some new music

Postby Hanley! » Jan 04, '14, 9:42 pm

Any examples of bands that you're into? Might make it a bit easier to make recommendations.

Alice in Chains are a favourite band of mine - grunge/metal. Much of their music has a dark vibe that you might appreciate as a fan of gothic music. They've got the best vocals you're likely to hear in rock music and fantastic musicianship to boot. I'd recommend the album 'Dirt'. But then there's a large chance you've at least tried out this band before.

Katatonia were one of the first gothic metal bands that I got into. I haven't bothered with much of their new stuff as they've stagnated somewhat, but I'd recommend the albums 'Viva Emptiness', 'Tonight's Decision' or 'Last Fair Deal Gone Down'. They're a Swedish band, pretty slow paced and brooding.

Type O Negative is another band that I got into as a teen that falls under the gothic metal genre. Very unique sound, really dense and plodding. Their vocalist has this crazy deep voice and the music can be pretty depressing, but they've got some great songs. Try 'Bloody Kisses', 'October Rust' or 'World Coming Down'.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Jan 04, '14, 9:57 pm

If we're going based on stuff that Steve likes, you should also look into the Screaming Trees or Stone Temple Pilots.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Jan 04, '14, 10:04 pm

Well I was just recommending stuff I like that I thought he might be into too - so gothic metal or stuff reminiscent of that. I wouldn't recommend stuff I didn't like.

I wouldn't have anything to contribute in the dubstep/dance area.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby UTK » Jan 04, '14, 10:20 pm

Are Black Keys hard rock? I guess not. Well, some tracks off Magic Potion might be. Whatever, just listen to them.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Georgerv » Jan 05, '14, 11:45 am

People have been telling me to listen to Black Keys for ages, so I'll give them a shot. Also not heard Type O Negative before, so I'll check them out too.
I'm a fan of everything else mentioned so far. :)

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author
Topics: 42

Return to Music