It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 4:46 am

I haven't seen an X-Men film in 10 years but I'm seeing the new one tonight. What do I need to know?

Talk about movies and television in here!

I haven't seen an X-Men film in 10 years but I'm seeing the new one tonight. What do I need to know?

Postby UTK » May 31, '16, 6:38 pm

I haven't seen an X-Men film since X-Men: The Last Stand (unless you count Deadpool) but my buddies and I are going to see the new one tonight. Could any X-Men fans give me a simple summary of what I need to know before I walk into the movie? I hear they fucked with time travel. That couldn't have been good

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: I haven't seen an X-Men film in 10 years but I'm seeing the new one tonight. What do I need to know?

Postby Everlong » Jun 02, '16, 6:55 pm

I missed this, but what did you think?

I know this latest one got poor reviews but First Class and Days of Future Past were enjoyable enough.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Re: I haven't seen an X-Men film in 10 years but I'm seeing the new one tonight. What do I need to know?

Postby UTK » Jun 04, '16, 4:29 am

It was fine I guess. I'm just beyond sick of superhero movies having the heroes fight these ridiculously large and powerful bad guys that destroy entire cities. It makes it less dramatic for me. It's why I stopped watching the Avengers films and it's one of (many of) the reasons I didn't like Batman vs Superman. They think I'll be like, "Woah, the entirety of fucking Egypt got wasted that's insane," but really I'm just sitting there like "Seriously?" Feels like a replacement for actual writing. Just stick a stupidly gigantic battle in there, that'll satisfy 'em. The more destructive they make it the less attached I feel.

But I liked the acting, except Jennifer Lawrence because she's awful. Good to see Sophie Turner in other things, because she's a very good actress and also she's incredibly attractive. But I don't know how much chemistry Sophie and Hugh Jackman have...that felt a little off... And there were some badass action scenes, despite my previous criticism.

Overall it was pretty average and doesn't make me want to watch any more of them. But it was fun to see with friends I suppose

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Movies and TV