It is currently: May 08, '24, 5:59 am

Victoria Wood passes away.

Talk about movies and television in here!

Victoria Wood passes away.

Postby Twister » Apr 24, '16, 2:41 pm

I've not noticed any posts about her here, I'm guessing because I don't think she was very well known outside of the UK and partly because her death has been somewhat over shadowed by the passing of Prince (understandably). She passed away last Wednesday aged 62 after a short battle with Cancer. She was a brilliant British comedian imo, there was no one quite like her. Dinnerladies was/is a particular favourite of mine. RIP.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 56

Re: Victoria Wood passes away.

Postby PorkChop » Apr 25, '16, 11:52 am

I haven't seen Dinner Ladies but I have heard it was good. She was a very talented comedienne and did a lot for increasing the profile of women's comedy in this country. Shame to see her go so soon.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Return to Movies and TV