It is currently: Apr 18, '24, 3:26 pm

New Suicide Squad Trailer

Talk about movies and television in here!

New Suicide Squad Trailer

Postby DBSoT » Apr 13, '16, 12:53 pm

Watch on youtube.com

I do like what they have done with the last two Suicide Squad trailers. Added some levity and included some good music that fits what is happening. Similar to Guardians of the Galaxy, but still keeping the DC tone. For the most part I like what I see. My only real complaint is Will Smith playing Deadshot. He is essentially playing the same character he played in Independence Day, Wild Wild West, Men in Black, etc. He is playing Will Smith. I don't think it will kill the movie because Deadshot isn't well known enough to have a set portrayal. Margot Robbie looks to be doing a good job as Harley Quinn (even without the accent). Jared Leto's Joker looks good so far, very different from Heath Ledger's portrayal, but more towards the comic Joker.

Last edited by DBSoT on Apr 13, '16, 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: New Suicide Squad Trailer

Postby Viazon » Apr 13, '16, 3:36 pm

Clearly the makers of these trailers have been watching Wayne's World.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 244

Postby Hanley! » Apr 17, '16, 9:06 am

Apparently Warner Bros are spending millions on reshoots at the moment to add more humour to the film after the backlash against Batman v Superman and the positive reception to the last Suicide Squad trailer, because apparently the lighthearted moments from that trailer basically made up every lighthearted moment from the film itself. Now they're trying to change that. Hopefully it works.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Apr 17, '16, 9:58 am

^The rumor about the reshoots adding more humor was debunked. Jai Courtney (Captain Boomerang) and David Ayers denied the report. The reshoots were said to be normal practice for films like this. Now, I doubt we will find out if they are lying, but there you go. I do like that they are adding more comedy to the tone of the trailers (and the movie), but they have to be careful. The Suicide Squad aren't humorous comics at all and they could piss off their fanbase if they try to make this GotG 2.0.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Apr 17, '16, 10:01 am

DBSoT wrote:The Suicide Squad aren't humorous comics at all and they could piss off their fanbase if they try to make this GotG 2.0.

If fans of the Suicide Squad comics were the sole audience for this one, this would be the biggest commercial flop of all time. So I wouldn't worry too much about the comic fans.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Apr 17, '16, 10:15 am

Hanley! wrote:
DBSoT wrote:The Suicide Squad aren't humorous comics at all and they could piss off their fanbase if they try to make this GotG 2.0.

If fans of the Suicide Squad comics were the sole audience for this one, this would be the biggest commercial flop of all time. So I wouldn't worry too much about the comic fans.
I completely agree, but it's one thing to change the storyline from a comic, it is another to completely change the tone. I am not saying it will make it a bad movie, but trying to use stories from a comic that have one tone and completely changing that tone can be very difficult. Especially when your doing it after you already shot most of the movie. If the plan from the start was to make the movie funny and the script was written with that in mind then they are fine. However. If they wrote the script with a less humorous tone and added jokes later it will seem off.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Return to Movies and TV