It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 1:20 am

Walking Dead causes a little uproar. Again, for a stupid reason. (Spoilers)

Talk about movies and television in here!

Walking Dead causes a little uproar. Again, for a stupid reason. (Spoilers)

Postby Viazon » Mar 23, '16, 1:07 pm

The last time I made a post about people getting annoyed about something that happened on Walking Dead, it was because they included a gay couple and had them share a kiss. This time, it's pretty much the complete opposite. Denise got killed off this week and people are moaning about the fact that killed off a lesbian character. Check this article out.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 45491.html

I hate when people moan about this sort of stuff. Should a lesbian or gay character never be allowed to die? It's not like they chose her to die just because she is a lesbian. That whole article is stupid. The worst part of it though is this.

'It's also being argued that this trope - also known as "Dead Lesbian Syndrome" - is heightened by the way in which Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs) managed to survive a bullet to the eye in episode nine while the arrow to Denise's eye kills her instantly.'

This is completely ridiculous. Yes, Carl was shot in the eye. But Denise wasn't. She was shot in the back of the head and it went through her eye. Meaning it went through her brain. You don't need your eyes to live. But you do need your brain. That's why she died.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Re: Walking Dead causes a little uproar. Again, for a stupid reason. (Spoilers)

Postby Hanley! » Mar 23, '16, 1:31 pm

I mean, I could see why people might be upset if this was another show. But everybody dies in Walking Dead. The main character and his son are really the only characters that feel invincible. The show is deliberately about misery and suffering and death. Those things can happen to lesbians too.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Mar 23, '16, 3:48 pm

I was more upset because I really thought the Denise character had potential to be very interesting. I could see the killing off a gay character if a big part of her history was her relationship with Tara, but it was really a minor scene in the grand scheme of things. Technically there are still 3 gay characters on the show (Tara, Aaron, and Jesus). Granted they haven't actually mentioned Jesus sexuality at all. He is gay in the comics.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Viazon » Mar 23, '16, 4:28 pm

DBSoT wrote:I was more upset because I really thought the Denise character had potential to be very interesting. I could see the killing off a gay character if a big part of her history was her relationship with Tara, but it was really a minor scene in the grand scheme of things. Technically there are still 3 gay characters on the show (Tara, Aaron, and Jesus). Granted they haven't actually mentioned Jesus sexuality at all. He is gay in the comics.

Also, Eric. Aaron's boyfriend. But he barely appears.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Postby Westcoastvibes » Mar 23, '16, 6:54 pm

People will bitch about anything.

She was not killed off because she was a lesbian, she just happened to be a lesbian that got killed off. People should be in a bigger uproar because doctors seem to be more uncommon that gay people in a zombie apocalypse

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby War Daddy » Mar 23, '16, 8:53 pm

People would complain if she WASN'T killed off because she is a lesbian.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Return to Movies and TV