It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 11:19 pm

The Walking Dead Poll (Spoilers from Comic Book)

Talk about movies and television in here!

Who will Negan kill?

Glenn
80%
Daryl
20%
Carol
No votes
Maggie
No votes
Rick
No votes
Morgan
No votes
Abraham
No votes
Eugene
No votes
Carl
No votes
Michonne
No votes

Total votes : 10

The Walking Dead Poll (Spoilers from Comic Book)

Postby DBSoT » Mar 21, '16, 11:04 am

** I am going to warn you guys that this contains spoilers from the comic books that will effect the TV show**

For those of us who watch TWD, we know that Negan and the Saviors are slowing moving towards a confrontation with Rick and the residents of Alexandria.
In the comics, once this confrontation happens a major character is killed by Negan. It has been confirmed that this scene will take place in the season finale, but it has not been confirmed who is killed. So, I have added a poll asking who you think it will be. If the person who wins the poll actually does die at the hands of Negan, I will give rep to everyone who voted.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: The Walking Dead Poll (Spoilers from Comic Book)

Postby JPG619 » Mar 21, '16, 12:29 pm

My guess is Glenn since since escaped death a few times so I think he the one Negan kills

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 29

Postby SlightlyJames » Mar 21, '16, 12:53 pm

I voted for Glenn. Apart from that being the outcome in the book he's just the most sensible decision. He's been around long enough to provoke a real emotional reaction upon his death, both from the audience and from Rick and co. but his story is pretty much over. If he survives at this point he's pretty much just going to sit back and be a dad and as much as I'd like that for him, it's boring. They've done a fakeout death for him already in the first half of this season, they've been bigging up he and Maggie's relationship for years. It just makes sense.

Now assuming they decide to not kill Glenn, for the sake of surprise factor or something like that? I'd say Morgan. He's become somewhat of a moral core of the group, he's spent the entire time he's been back pondering the ethics of killing in this world, I could see a natural conclusion to that just being him getting his melt pounded in by Lucille.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Hanley! » Mar 21, '16, 1:18 pm

Probably Glenn. Given that's what happened in the comic books and all. It's one of the comics more memorable moments, so I reckon they'll try and keep it pretty close to the way it happened there (and they'll already have to dial back how graphic it is obviously).

I thought killing Glenn was one of the worst decisions they made in the comics though. I was already starting to get a little apathetic about the comics, but that was the moment that convinced me to stop buying them. I thought killing him removed a lot of avenues for growth with the story, and it also removed just about the only likeable, sympathetic character they had left.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Daz » Mar 21, '16, 2:00 pm

I haven't watched the show in about 2 seasons, but I'm also gonna say Glenn, because I can't believe he's not dead already.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby prophet » Mar 21, '16, 5:05 pm

I voted for Glenn. I've thought since Glenn's dumpster death fakeout that this is where we were headed; they've wanted the non-comic savvy audience to think Glenn is damn near invincible no matter how bleak his predicament, hence the second near death escape he had when the Walkers overran Alexandria, that the moment is going to be that much more shocking when he's brutally murdered by the debuting Negan.

I have every faith that his entrance is going to be one of the most memorable scenes of all time and my heart genuinely races when I even think about it. I'm fucking terrified about watching that scene because I know something horrible is going to happen.

The only way I see Glenn surviving would be if the showrunners are conscious that we're all expecting Glenn to die because we know Negan is coming in the finale and so they're going to want to throw a major curveball. Hopefully they don't do that (because it would be dumb) but if they did I'd say Daryl would be the most likely to die - he's the biggest fan favourite so the moment would cause the most shock/horror.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Westcoastvibes » Mar 22, '16, 5:57 pm

I voted for Daryl.
Its widely known that glenn dies by the hands of neegan in the comics. They strive to follow the comics as close as they can but major story changing points seem to be up in the air. Glenn has long been the same character on the show with little change until the savior compound raid. Now he has taken a life without moral cause and it would be interesting to see a change in glenns character because of that.

Daryl has been a pillar of the show but his character is limited in range for the show, that being said, his death would be a massive global attention getter and i dont think it would affect the show besides those teenies who boycott because there on screen crush got killed.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Viazon » Mar 23, '16, 12:58 pm

I'm going with Glenn. They differ from the comics sometimes but this is one I think they will do the same. Especially seeing as Glenn was looking at all of those pictures of Negan's victims on that wall. I thought for a while that Daryl might take his place, but I think they will now keep him alive much longer now and have a rivalry between him a Dwight be a major plot point throughout the 7th season.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby prophet » Mar 31, '16, 3:00 pm

Even though I know what's coming I'm still absolutely terrified for it. I'm getting the same heart-sinking anticipation I had before the Red Wedding.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Movies and TV