It is currently: May 09, '24, 11:54 pm

Survivor

Talk about movies and television in here!

Re: Survivor

Postby Ali » May 22, '14, 9:54 pm

So, I'm a little bit perplexed by the fact that Tony won 8-1. Just judging by the way it was presented, it seemed like Tony completely flopped at Final Tribal, while Woo did quite well. I thought it could've gone either way, but the number would be 5-4 or 6-3. Apart from that bit of confusion with the vote reveal, I have almost no complaints about this season.

In terms of all-new players, I would say that this was the best cast since Pearl Islands. This was a season with great characters, great moves, great moments, the Tyler Perry Idol was actually not a season-ruiner, I love it. I do wish Woo would've taken Kass to the end and won unanimously, but I have no problem with Tony winning, he was a great player and one of the best Survivor characters since Coach.

Blood vs. Water II will be all new players, but honestly, that concerns me a bit. I actually think the BvW twist is better suited to returning players, because with returnees, you already have a sense of who they are, so you can already get a sense of how their family dynamic is. With new people, I don't know if we can get to know them quickly enough to really get a connection going. But that's up to the editors, and if it's anything like these last two seasons, I'm sure they're up to the task. Let's keep a good roll! I want a full Survivor renaissance here!

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 43

Postby Everlong » May 22, '14, 9:56 pm

So, I'm a little bit perplexed by the fact that Tony won 8-1. Just judging by the way it was presented, it seemed like Tony completely flopped at Final Tribal, while Woo did quite well. I thought it could've gone either way, but the number would be 5-4 or 6-3. Apart from that bit of confusion with the vote reveal, I have almost no complaints about this season.

Honestly I think Tony has Spencer to thank for some of those votes. That speech that Spencer gave was immense... it sold Tony way better than Tony sold himself at the whole FTC.

Also yeah, they've really been on a good run of seasons lately. Love the way things have been going, and the ratings continue to be strong!

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » May 22, '14, 10:03 pm

Everlong wrote:^^That would make sense. Big anniversary season, bring back a lot of people.

Yeah, would also make sense why this next season is allegedly all new people. They wouldn't want to blow a handful of returnees when the next season will be all returnees.

Also I liked Woo booting Kass, even if it did cost him the win. First off Kass was annoying as hell and I'm glad she didn't get a chance to sit there at the end. Plus it was nice to see someone being loyal and giving the other person a fighting chance.

I wanted Spencer to win, but I can almost guarantee he'll be on a future season and get another shot given his popularity.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Ali » May 22, '14, 10:34 pm

I'd love Season 30 to be Heroes vs. Villains II. I can see the cast now...

VILLAINS
Tony Vlachos (Cagayan)
Kass McQuillen (Cagayan)
Abi-Maria Gomes (Philippines)
Richard Hatch (Borneo)
Marty Piombo (Nicaragua)
Alicia Rosa (One World)
Kenny Hoang (Gabon)
Shane Powers (Panama)
Twila Tanner (Vanuatu)
Ciera Eastin (Blood vs. Water) - She'd be a villain because she voted out her mom

Male Alternate - Pete Yurkowski (Philippines); quite an underrated player in my eyes
Female Alternate - Morgan McLeod (Cagayan); only because they'll want a girl in a bikini that can pull off bitchy

HEROES
Spencer Bledsoe (Cagayan)
Malcolm Freberg (Philippines, Caramoan)
Hayden Moss (Blood vs. Water)
Vytas Baskauskas (Blood vs. Water)
Ethan Zohn (Africa, All Stars)
Denise Stapley (Philippines)
Kim Spradlin (One World)
Peih-Gee Law (China)
Andrea Boehlke (Redemption Island, Caramoan)
Holly Hoffman (Nicaragua)

Male Alternate - Yau-Man Chan (Fiji, Micronesia); He'd be fun to have back.
Female Alternate - Tina Wesson (Australia, All Stars, Blood vs. Water); She'd add a lot of fun to this cast.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author
Topics: 43

Previous

Return to Movies and TV