It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 3:41 am

Adam Sandler

Talk about movies and television in here!

Adam Sandler

Postby Viazon » Feb 05, '16, 1:55 pm

Let's talk about this guy. I saw a glimpse of Jack and Jill the other day and couldn't stomach it. What happened to him? I am not ashamed admit that I love his earlier movies. Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy, Billy Madison, Wedding Singer, The Waterboy and hell, even Little Nicky. I genuinely enjoy all of those movies.

So what's the deal? Have his movies gone down in quality? Or have all of his fans just grown up and just become and bit too mature to enjoy that kind of stuff?

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Re: Adam Sandler

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 05, '16, 3:39 pm

As a fan of Sandler, he's gotten extremely lazy. His performance in Pixels was one of the laziest things that I've seen. Terrible movie too. I'm dying to see Jack and Jill despite the mostly bad reviews.

Pacino as the love interest for Sandler in drag? Sounds like must see stuff.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby Hanley! » Feb 05, '16, 3:47 pm

I mean he was never a very good actor. And his films were never all that great. But some of his earlier films were at least fun and lighthearted and enjoyable. If I was bored on a Sunday and flicking through channels and came across Happy Gilmore, I'd probably leave it on, at least for a while. If I came across Jack and Jill, I wouldn't be able to change the channel fast enough.

His films nowadays are just terrible, and he comes across very thoroughly as someone who just doesn't give a fuck. His movies now have no heart or soul whatsoever. He puts nothing into his performances, and often looks miserable in his films even though they're all comedies. Bad comedies, sure, but theoretically they're still supposed to make people smile and laugh. Which isn't likely to happen when the lead doesn't even want to be there.

And by 'there', I mean shooting the actual movie. The movie locations are another matter: it's become pretty clear that all of his films are an excuse for him and all his friends to go on vacation to some exotic location.

I don't know why anyone would want to watch any of his recent movies. I think everything he's released since Click (and including Click) has been horrendous.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby War Daddy » Feb 05, '16, 10:19 pm

Ridiculous 6 was hilarious though.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Kein » Feb 06, '16, 3:25 am

A lot of actors will admit being a part of bad films to keep some cash rolling too.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby War Daddy » Feb 06, '16, 2:38 pm

Kein wrote:A lot of actors will admit being a part of bad films to keep some cash rolling too.

Nicholas Cage has never put out a bad movie.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Hanley! » Feb 06, '16, 5:03 pm

Here's an interesting fact: based on how much an actor earns compared to how much money his movies make, Sandler is the most overpaid actor on the planet.

#2 is Johnny Depp.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Kein » Feb 11, '16, 6:51 pm

War Daddy wrote:
Kein wrote:A lot of actors will admit being a part of bad films to keep some cash rolling too.

Nicholas Cage has never put out a bad movie.

A lot is not all! :D

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby Matteo » Feb 12, '16, 2:12 am

Even though it's a mediocre film, Sandler was quite good in The Cobbler (2014). The film is uneven, pandered with an implausible script and surprisingly ill-guided direction, but it still managed to just work, thanks in large part to Sandler's performance.

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 195

Postby Kreashko » Jun 26, '16, 6:49 am

Its sad to say but this is true. Same goes for Jim Carrey in my opinion. All downhill.

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Return to Movies and TV