It is currently: May 03, '24, 11:24 pm

New Suicide Squad trailer.

Talk about movies and television in here!

New Suicide Squad trailer.

Postby Viazon » Jan 20, '16, 1:19 pm

I like it. It gives you a bit of a better look at the characters than the last trailer did. I feel like the music was a good fit for the trailer. I know the general opinion on comic books movies on this forum, but I am really looking forward to this. Suicide Squad was always an interesting concept to me and I think it will make for an interesting movie.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Re: New Suicide Squad trailer.

Postby ChrisCrossed » Jan 20, '16, 2:53 pm

I'm way more hyped for this than Justice League. Also Harley lookin good could've used a better choice for Deadshot though.

ChrisCrossed Male
Jobber
Jobber

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 9

Postby DBSoT » Jan 20, '16, 3:00 pm

When I first saw the trailer I wasn't really sure if I liked it because it was such a contrast from the first trailer. I happen to enjoy the darker style that DC tends to represent. However, after watching the trailer a second time with a bit more of an open mind, I really like it. The music makes sense and fits the tone, there was more detail of the characters, and they showed a bit more of Harley and Joker together.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Viazon » Jan 20, '16, 3:02 pm

ChrisCrossed wrote:I'm way more hyped for this than Justice League. Also Harley lookin good could've used a better choice for Deadshot though.

I like Will Smith, but I think he may be a little bit too famous for this role. I'm worried he will basically just be playing Will Smith. I hope he proves me wrong though.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Jan 20, '16, 3:10 pm

ChrisCrossed wrote:I'm way more hyped for this than Justice League. Also Harley lookin good could've used a better choice for Deadshot though.
I agree. I don't really hate Will Smith as an actor, but he seems to be invoking his Independence Day character (not a good thing). Deadshot isn't really a witty character, he is more of a internal guy who has no fear of death. He also has his mask off way too much in the trailers. If they rarely ever showed his face then that would have been great.

Last edited by DBSoT on Jan 20, '16, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby KaiserGlider » Jan 20, '16, 3:10 pm

Suicide Squad is gonna be awesome. Seems like a darker and more psychotic version of Guardians of the Galaxy. A lot of interesting characterless involved in this movie and based on the first trailer we'll probably see some of their backstories. The first meeting of Harley and Joker is gonna be cool. Speaking of Joker, he looks fucking terrifying. Looks like Enchantress is gonna be the villain the squad is supposed to take out. Also looking forward to Batman's scenes.

The whole Dawn of the Justice League special last night got me hyped for DC's cinematic universe. I like how each film has a completely different tone yet they are all connected. All the new Batman v Superman footage looked sweet. The Wonder Woman footage reminded me of the first Captain America film; it'll probably be good, not too hyped for it yet but we'll see. The descriptions of Cyborg and Aquaman were interesting. I hope DC can take the fight to Marvel, but in any case this must be an amazing time to be a comic book fan.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Viazon » Jan 20, '16, 3:57 pm

Enchantress is part of the Suicide Squad. I though it was assumed that Joker would be the villain of the movie as he has never been a member of the team.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby ChrisCrossed » Jan 20, '16, 4:27 pm

DCCU is looking towards dark and gritty which is fine since Disney has a chokehold on the entire movie industry arguably. Where do they go from here though? Marvel always has its tie ins while DC seems to be swaying away from that.

ChrisCrossed Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 9

Postby KaiserGlider » Jan 20, '16, 5:04 pm

Viazon wrote:Enchantress is part of the Suicide Squad. I though it was assumed that Joker would be the villain of the movie as he has never been a member of the team.

Just speculation on my part. Enchantress is never shown standing with the rest of the squad in these trailers, and it looked like they were fighting some kind of supernatural black demons (and possibly whatever destroyed the train) which she could be behind. Lex Luthor is also rumored to be in this movie. Maybe he's behind it. I do like the idea of Lex (or the Joker) being the ultimate villain in the DC universe.

Last edited by KaiserGlider on Jan 20, '16, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby prophet » Jan 20, '16, 5:07 pm

Good trailer; looks fun!

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby UTK » Jan 20, '16, 5:22 pm

I don't have much of an interest in any of the upcoming DC movies except for this one, which I'll probably see. Similar to how I don't give a crap about the Marvel movies, but I still decided to see Ant-Man.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59

Postby DBSoT » Jan 20, '16, 5:26 pm

^For what it's worth Enchantress is in a scene with Rick Flagg in the trailer.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby KaiserGlider » Jan 20, '16, 5:59 pm

Scracth what I said earlier. Apparently the villain is some dude called Tattooed Man. I wonder what Joker's role will be other than the flashback sequence with Harley.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Everlong » Jan 21, '16, 1:23 pm

This trailer actually looks better to me than any previous stuff I've seen about the movie so far. Few thoughts:

-Still think Leto's Joker looks absolutely, indescribably terrible, and the "damaged" tattoo on the forehead is the purest form of cringe there is

-Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn looks like she'll be the star of the movie, which is awesome.

-I like that they seem to be moving away from the super gritty/serious trend of DC movies. You can still have a movie be "dark" without it being brooding. Plenty of options for high-energy and color while still keeping very dark humor as the core of the movie. With these characters, that's the best way to go. When movies try too hard to be dark and brooding, they come across really cheesy. Just look at how awful the Batman vs. Superman movie looks for an example of that.

-I don't really know anything about Deadshot so I can't comment on Will Smith's portrayal, but his involvement will help to legitimize the movie for sure.

Don't think I'll be going to the theaters for this one, but I'm no longer writing it off like I had been with earlier promo.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby flock u » Jan 21, '16, 8:50 pm

Yeah they lost me at Will Smith

flock u Male
Jobber
Jobber

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 3

Postby Viazon » Jan 22, '16, 3:29 pm

I don't get the criticism for Joker's look. I mean, he has a few tattoos and a grill. So what? I get that it's a different look to what people may be used to in the comics, but this is just an interpretation of him. I think Leto has the ability to pull it off.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby KaiserGlider » Jan 22, '16, 8:36 pm

Viazon wrote:I don't get the criticism for Joker's look. I mean, he has a few tattoos and a grill. So what? I get that it's a different look to what people may be used to in the comics, but this is just an interpretation of him. I think Leto has the ability to pull it off.

People are probably holding him up to Heath Ledger's standard, which isn't fair. I don't think Leto will blow everyone away, but in all likelihood he'll be a good Joker.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Everlong » Jan 23, '16, 10:01 am

KaiserGlider wrote:
Viazon wrote:I don't get the criticism for Joker's look. I mean, he has a few tattoos and a grill. So what? I get that it's a different look to what people may be used to in the comics, but this is just an interpretation of him. I think Leto has the ability to pull it off.

People are probably holding him up to Heath Ledger's standard, which isn't fair. I don't think Leto will blow everyone away, but in all likelihood he'll be a good Joker.

While it being relatively recent after Ledger's portrayal, to me it's more just the fact that I think he looks fucking stupid. So being the first Joker after Ledger definitely does him no favors, but the team for this movie gave him shit to work with in terms of his look so he's already disadvantaged in a couple areas before we even see how he acts the part.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Jan 23, '16, 10:20 am

I think the fact that he's appearing so soon after Ledger's portrayal is a big part of the "he looks fucking stupid" problem. It made sense to try and portray the Joker completely differently in order to avoid direct comparisons. Unfortunately, in trying to create a brand new look for the character, they made him look tacky and shit.

They could work it into the film somehow though. If this is the appearance of someone who turns out to be a crazed fanboy of the original Joker, who's trying to carry on his legacy, then I think this terrible look would actually be a good match for the character and it could work well. There have been some rumours that this might be the idea, but I'm not sure how likely it actually is.

Not too sure about the film itself. I thought it'd probably be crap since I first heard about it, but I'm warming up to it a little. The trailer was decent. At least in comparision to the likes of Batman vs Superman (which looks like the worst ever). At least the way it's shot and presented comes off differently from most superhero films, which is a bonus. The premise is interesting, and could make for a unique experience if carried off correctly. There are things that worry me though. Lots of films that try to carry off a cast this large end up falling on their faces. The appearance of some of the characters doesn't really work for me. And while Harley Quinn was cast really well, I think her dialogue comes off as very try hard in the trailer.

Most of all, I reckon if they try to turn this into Guardians of the Galaxy it's going to be lame. It needs to be its own thing.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby SortaCreative » Jan 23, '16, 1:29 pm

It's also rumoured he's not the same person as Heath's Joker. It's someone else.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54

Next

Return to Movies and TV