It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 8:52 am

Soaked in Bleach

Talk about movies and television in here!

Soaked in Bleach

Postby War Daddy » Dec 11, '15, 10:51 pm

Watched this last night, and it pretty much closed the case for me as Courtney Love hired someone to kill Cobain and cover it up. I learned some interesting new details, like the idiotic move to hire a legit private investigator with morals :lol

Seattle PD definitely fucked up and had major corruption and still does. No reason that case shouldnt be reopened to put Love away.

Thoughts?

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 122

Re: Soaked in Bleach

Postby Hanley! » Dec 12, '15, 12:13 pm

I haven't seen the film, but I imagine it's interesting. I might try and check it out at some point.

Personally, I've never been a believer in the Kurt was murdered conspiracy theory. Most of the aspects of his suicide which people find suspicious are easily explained away. People say that he took a lethal overdose before shooting himself in the head, but to a hardcore addict who had built up a tolerance, that wouldn't have been a lethal overdose. The slightly different handwriting at the end of the suicide note could be attributed to his increasing level of intoxication. The P.I. that still believes that this was a murder has gotten 20 years of attention out of holding onto that belief. He's not necessarily 100% unbiased here.

It does seem like the police maybe did a somewhat sloppy job, and weren't thorough enough in their investigation. Though even if they had, I imagine there'd still be conspiracy theory nuts who thought Cobain had been murdered because people are like that, and Courtney Love has been hated for a long time so she's an easy scapegoat. It seems to me that the reason that the police weren't that thorough is because it seemed like a pretty open and shut case. Cobain was unstable, he was in constant pain from an undiagnosed stomach disease, he was a heroin addict and he had almost died from an overdose earlier that year. I think Occam's Razor applies here: the most obvious answer is usually the correct one.

I would be interesting to see if this film could convince me differently though. Or even provide a little more doubt. I have read some of the articles and books detailing why his death was actually a murder, and I've argued it with my brother a few times, as he really believes in the conspiracy theory. But I've never been swayed by the arguments thus far. Maybe this documentary does a better job.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Re: Soaked in Bleach

Postby War Daddy » Dec 13, '15, 3:26 pm

Hanley! wrote:I haven't seen the film, but I imagine it's interesting. I might try and check it out at some point.

Personally, I've never been a believer in the Kurt was murdered conspiracy theory. Most of the aspects of his suicide which people find suspicious are easily explained away. People say that he took a lethal overdose before shooting himself in the head, but to a hardcore addict who had built up a tolerance, that wouldn't have been a lethal overdose. The slightly different handwriting at the end of the suicide note could be attributed to his increasing level of intoxication. The P.I. that still believes that this was a murder has gotten 20 years of attention out of holding onto that belief. He's not necessarily 100% unbiased here.

It does seem like the police maybe did a somewhat sloppy job, and weren't thorough enough in their investigation. Though even if they had, I imagine there'd still be conspiracy theory nuts who thought Cobain had been murdered because people are like that, and Courtney Love has been hated for a long time so she's an easy scapegoat. It seems to me that the reason that the police weren't that thorough is because it seemed like a pretty open and shut case. Cobain was unstable, he was in constant pain from an undiagnosed stomach disease, he was a heroin addict and he had almost died from an overdose earlier that year. I think Occam's Razor applies here: the most obvious answer is usually the correct one.

I would be interesting to see if this film could convince me differently though. Or even provide a little more doubt. I have read some of the articles and books detailing why his death was actually a murder, and I've argued it with my brother a few times, as he really believes in the conspiracy theory. But I've never been swayed by the arguments thus far. Maybe this documentary does a better job.

I dont know man, even the heaviest of the heaviest drug user isn't gonna be able to shoot up 3 times the lethal amount and still be awake to kill himself. He isn't gonna be able to pull his ID out of his wallet and lay it down perfectly for others to see it. Also, the shell casing for the bullet is on the opposite of the gun tht it would naturally land on. To much going on to be a suicide, in my opinion. @Hanley!

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 122

Return to Movies and TV