It is currently: May 11, '24, 8:48 pm

The Walking Dead Season 6 Thread

Talk about movies and television in here!

The Walking Dead Season 6 Thread

Postby lyonssv » Oct 13, '15, 6:00 pm

Hey guys, I thought there was a Walking Dead thread but I could not find it. So we can use this to discuss Season 6. If there is an existing thread and a mod wants to merge this one with that, that's fine.

Anyone watch the Premiere? What did you guys think? I thought it was a very solid start to the season.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 13

Re: The Walking Dead Season 6 Thread

Postby Westcoastvibes » Oct 13, '15, 8:05 pm

I think they are fucked, many will die, whomever sounded that horn needs to be castrated by a bear trap then left hanging in a tree just out of reach from the walkers.

Yes, solid start. It was a bit confusing at first with the real time and flashback stuff but it came together quickly

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 98

Postby Viazon » Oct 14, '15, 11:52 am

Westcoastvibes wrote:I think they are fucked, many will die, whomever sounded that horn needs to be castrated by a bear trap then left hanging in a tree just out of reach from the walkers.

That's a bit harsh. What people seem to be forgetting is that they were supposed to be doing a trail run. Rick was going over what the plan was going to be. But the truck fell causing the walkers to break through, forcing them to go with the plan earlier. Someone back at Alexandria maybe sounded the horn, unaware that they went ahead with the plan. How would they have known?

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 244

Postby prophet » Oct 14, '15, 3:30 pm

I really enjoyed the premiere, dug the black and white flashbacks throughout and the ending with the horn was a nice 'awwwww shit' moment to get the season going. Pretty sure The Wolves are responsible and I also think that girl from Alexandria who Carl is into is aligned with them in some way.

Found myself disappointed with the Rick/Morgan relationship. I really wanted there to be some sort of tension between them as Morgan is against killing the living (albeit Rick had a perfectly good reason for doing so and I'm sure we'll see tension build throughout the season). I also don't like how Nicholas now seems to be happy falling in line behind Glenn, we need some scumbag characters to despise (fuck you, Gabriel).

Really hope Negan shows up at some point this season. Good start.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Westcoastvibes » Oct 15, '15, 5:29 am

^
I think morgan is there to be a source of humanity. Rick is slipping away from humanity more and more every episode, most of the time the reasoning is justified but the gap still grows bigger. Morgan could be his tether, the person that can bring him back in when he strays to far.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Viazon » Oct 27, '15, 1:50 pm

So. Anyone catch this weeks episode?

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 27, '15, 2:04 pm

Spoiler:
The fact they killed Glenn off here makes me really think we're not getting Negan any time soon. :crybaby

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby prophet » Oct 27, '15, 2:12 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:
Spoiler:
The fact they killed Glenn off here makes me really think we're not getting Negan any time soon. :crybaby

Spoiler:
Is he dead though? Perhaps the Walkers were ripping Nicholas to shreds, who was on top of Glenn? I don't know he'd survive that horde anyway but I won't be totally convinced until I see his body. I feel like if Glenn does somehow survive it'd be the biggest hint that Negan is coming...they want us to think Glenn is damn near invincible until the big bad comes to bust that myth...

I saw a lot of people online moaning that Glenn didn't get the type of heroic death the character deserved but I actually kind of loved it. The Alexandrians have constantly opposed Rick's hard-ass survival methodology, Glenn and Michonne even undermined it by trying to save everybody and in the end Glenn's refusal to kill Nicholas last season (and his general humanism in forgiving him) is ultimately what cost him his life.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Viazon » Oct 27, '15, 2:23 pm

prophet wrote:
SlightlyJames wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Is he dead though? Perhaps the Walkers were ripping Nicholas to shreds, who was on top of Glenn? I don't know he'd survive that horde anyway but I won't be totally convinced until I see his body. I feel like if Glenn does somehow survive it'd be the biggest hint that Negan is coming...they want us to think Glenn is damn near invincible until the big bad comes to bust that myth...

I saw a lot of people online moaning that Glenn didn't get the type of heroic death the character deserved but I actually kind of loved it. The Alexandrians have constantly opposed Rick's hard-ass survival methodology, Glenn and Michonne even undermined it by trying to save everybody and in the end Glenn's refusal to kill Nicholas last season (and his general humanism in forgiving him) is ultimately what cost him his life.

Spoiler:
I don't think he is dead. I am holding on to the hope that it was Nicholas' body they were tearing apart. If you watch it again, where the walkers hands were digging into, it looked to high up. Also, since when do intestines come out of your chest? This is the last we have seen of Glenn. For starters, on set photos have emerged with Glenn shooting scenes with an actor that has yet to be introduced. Take from that what you will.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Viazon » Nov 10, '15, 1:56 pm

Jeffrey Dean Morgan has officially been cast as Negan. Great choice if you ask me.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby prophet » Nov 10, '15, 2:01 pm

Viazon wrote:Jeffrey Dean Morgan has officially been cast as Negan. Great choice if you ask me.

If this is true I'd like to refer you all back to my earlier post...

prophet wrote:
SlightlyJames wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I feel like if Glenn does somehow survive it'd be the biggest hint that Negan is coming...they want us to think Glenn is damn near invincible until the big bad comes to bust that myth...

Too soon to say I called it? Perhaps.

but I totally called it

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby SlightlyJames » Nov 10, '15, 2:07 pm

Awesome news, Negan is great and I can't wait to see him tear shit up.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Viazon » Nov 10, '15, 2:21 pm

Apparently he isn't going to appear until the season 6 finale.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby prophet » Nov 10, '15, 2:34 pm

Viazon wrote:Apparently he isn't going to appear until the season 6 finale.

One hell of a finale, then.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Hanley! » Nov 10, '15, 3:01 pm

On the subject of Negan:

Spoiler:
That moment where he killed Glenn was when I decided to stop reading the graphic novels. They had killed off the only character I was really invested in anymore. And they sacrificed possible new stories you could have told with Glenn - such as having an actual functioning relationship in that universe, between him and Maggie - just to repeat the same type of story they'd been doing over and over again. Humans are the real monsters, blah blah blah. I liked the graphic novels early on, and I guess I still enjoyed them well enough until I stopped reading, but they were going around in circles. Reading on felt redundant after a while.

I never finished the Negan story (it could still be going on for all I know), but I saw nothing of him early on to suggest he was interesting or different enough to the Governor and all the others.

I gave up on the show early on though, so his being cast has no effect on me. I'm just chiming in for the hell of it. :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Nov 10, '15, 4:52 pm

Hanley! wrote:On the subject of Negan:

Spoiler:
That moment where he killed Glenn was when I decided to stop reading the graphic novels. They had killed off the only character I was really invested in anymore. And they sacrificed possible new stories you could have told with Glenn - such as having an actual functioning relationship in that universe, between him and Maggie - just to repeat the same type of story they'd been doing over and over again. Humans are the real monsters, blah blah blah. I liked the graphic novels early on, and I guess I still enjoyed them well enough until I stopped reading, but they were going around in circles. Reading on felt redundant after a while.

I never finished the Negan story (it could still be going on for all I know), but I saw nothing of him early on to suggest he was interesting or different enough to the Governor and all the others.

I gave up on the show early on though, so his being cast has no effect on me. I'm just chiming in for the hell of it. :P
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Negan ... _Series%29 Read that synopsis and tell me if he sounds more interesting to you. I think the thing that is cool about Negan is his interaction with Carl. I won't go into detail, but it is a nice change from the normal "I am bad, I kill everyone" storyline. Also he is basically the anti-Rick, which is why it worked so well.

I love the cast choice of Jeffrey Dean Morgan. I was having a hard time thinking of a good actor for the role, but that works really well.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Return to Movies and TV