It is currently: Jun 04, '24, 4:37 am

What are you watching currently?

Talk about movies and television in here!

What are you watching currently?

Postby prophet » Sep 01, '15, 3:50 pm

I've just started watching Peaky Blinders and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's sort of a period drama about gangsters set in Birmingham with a brilliant cast led by Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy (in season two). Anyone else seen it?

What are you watching?

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: What are you watching currently?

Postby Locke » Sep 01, '15, 3:52 pm

World Trigger
Log Horizon
Naruto
(starting soon) One Piece
(starting soon) Death Note

All animes. Other than that, I only watch YouTubers. Network television has gotten so gag-inducing to me I don't even pay for TV services anymore.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 137

Postby Everlong » Sep 01, '15, 3:57 pm

Been going through Supernatural with the lady lately. It's alright, not particularly incredible but it's easy to just sit down when you've got 40 free minutes and pound out an episode. And it's reasonably entertaining.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Sep 01, '15, 4:13 pm

Mostly I've been watching movies lately, and not a lot of television. But there's a few shows that we've been working our way through slowly as of late:

- Lucha Underground
- Justified
- X-Files
- Melissa and Joey

I quite like Lucha Underground, but there's only so much wrestling I can watch in a week, so it's taking us a while to get caught up on it. Melissa and Joey is probably a bit crap really, but it's a nice easy watch when you want to kill 20 minutes, and it's kinda relaxing. The others are decent shows, but I don't love them, so I'm not inclined to binge watch. One episode every now and then is fine.

Oh, we have been watching The Great British Bake Off every week too. Best reality show of all time. :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Sep 01, '15, 8:03 pm

I've been binge watching Rick Steve's Europe, which makes me feel like I've been to a lot of places without the need to actually move my ass off the couch.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Westcoastvibes » Sep 01, '15, 11:07 pm

Got in first 4 seasons of walking dead and just started fear the walking dead

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby War Daddy » Sep 02, '15, 7:48 am

Hemlock Grove
American Horror Story

Just watched The Hunt last night. It's a danish independent film that pretty big reviews on it. It's pretty good, wasn't expecting what it was really about tho. :lol

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Sep 02, '15, 2:20 pm

It's a guilty pleasure but only programme, besides sports, that I watch is Desi Rascals on Sky.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby The Legend » Sep 02, '15, 3:15 pm

Only thing I'm watching right now is Sons of Anarchy and I'm binge watching the hell out of it.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby JPG619 » Sep 02, '15, 6:30 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:Got in first 4 seasons of walking dead and just started fear the walking dead

Yeah i love the walking dead too, I found Z-Nation on Netflix not that long ago and watch a bit of that so far it OK but not as good as the Walking Dead. Also watch Fear of the Walking Dead till season 6 comes out in October

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Westcoastvibes » Sep 02, '15, 8:52 pm

JPG619 wrote:
Westcoastvibes wrote:Got in first 4 seasons of walking dead and just started fear the walking dead

Yeah i love the walking dead too, I found Z-Nation on Netflix not that long ago and watch a bit of that so far it OK but not as good as the Walking Dead. Also watch Fear of the Walking Dead till season 6 comes out in October

I heard z-nation is like a low budget cheap rip off of walking dead, never tried it though.

Fear the walking dead I am still on the fence about, its nice to see a glimpse of how it all started instead of some guy waking up from a coma in a zombie filled world but I am struggling to get any connections character wise.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby EmperorWu » Sep 06, '15, 7:26 pm

I'm rewatching Buffy, then I'll swing on to Angel. Which is the superior show.

Hanley! wrote:X-Files

I tried watching the X-Files again, after many many years. It's tough to get through. :( It did not live up to my nostalgia.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Daz » Sep 06, '15, 10:01 pm

Also watching X-Files, for the first time.

You can read my thoughts here - http://novacritic.com/x-files-pilot/

PLUGS!!!

I'm also re-watching Frasier off and on, cause it's the fucking shit.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby UTK » Sep 06, '15, 10:55 pm

I just started Narcos the other day. It's really fucking good. Haven't found a TV show that I thought was real quality since House of Cards (well, the first two seasons), so I'm happy I watched this.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby VaderBomb » Sep 06, '15, 11:49 pm

We recently finished the entire series of Roseanne and watched the Friday the 13th series for the twenty-somethingeth time. Now LIv and I are sessioning the Nightmare on Elm Street series. We just got done watching Freddy's Dead and I'm exited for another viewing of the best Freddy sequel, Wes Craven's New Nightmare.

The problem withe most of the Freddy sequels is that they were directed by Hollywood directors who knew nothing about tension or suspense. They're mostly fun but very convoluted and just flat out not scary. The Jason series at least has a handful of horror directors in charge throughout the series.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Return to Movies and TV