It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 6:04 am

Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp

Talk about movies and television in here!

Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp

Postby JDD » Aug 04, '15, 8:52 pm

Anyone been watching this on Netflix? Its an 8 episode series prequel to the hillarious movie Wet Hot American Summer. Ive watched 6 of the 8 episodes so far and think its pretty funny. Episode 6 was hillarious. Its not as good as the movie but its still a whole lot of fun, which I cant say about alot of other follow ups to comedys.

IIRC @Everlong is a big fan of the movie to. Have you watched any of this yet?

If you havnt seen the movie or the show, I would reccomend both.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 78

Re: Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp

Postby EmperorWu » Aug 05, '15, 6:11 am

The movie is really freaking good at points, and it's very enjoyable. Having said that the show doesn't quite measure up. Still I'm very happy they made it, and I like it a lot. I love how they tie in certain things with the movie too. Having a cast in their forties playing 16 year olds works to a decent effect. Also Christopher Meloni is awesome. The cast is great and along with the nostalgia of the movie, you feel more attached to the characters and their story.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Everlong » Aug 05, '15, 7:28 am

Yeah I watched and and enjoyed it, but there were definitely more problems with the show than the movie.

Here are my full thougths, I wrote a review for Novacritic:

http://novacritic.com/first-day-of-camp ... orthwhile/

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby VaderBomb » Aug 05, '15, 10:03 pm

Everlong wrote:Yeah I watched and and enjoyed it, but there were definitely more problems with the show than the movie.

Here are my full thougths, I wrote a review for Novacritic:

http://novacritic.com/first-day-of-camp ... orthwhile/

You guys are doing a great job over at Novacritic. I've really enjoyed reading all of the articles.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Everlong » Aug 06, '15, 7:11 am

Thanks man!

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Return to Movies and TV