It is currently: Apr 25, '24, 4:41 am

Jurassic World

Talk about movies and television in here!

Jurassic World

Postby Locke » Jun 13, '15, 6:35 pm

Went and saw it today against my will. My folks wanted to go with me and my son, since mommy was out of town, so I agreed and off we went. I really don't get hyped for dinosaurs, especially dinosaur movies, and Jurassic Park 2 and 3 were just.. fucking balls awful. I don't even remember them anymore, but I remember loving Jurassic Park 1 despite all that.

I was very pleasantly surprised. I kinda had to piss going into it and it was so good that I wouldn't get up to pee. It was quite a ride (figuratively and literally, I was squirming like a bitch by the end). Usually I'm pretty okay with waiting until a slow spot right after an action sequence to go use the bathroom during a film, even ones I've anticipated for years. With this movie, I didn't give a fuck going in, and couldn't be pried away from it once it started.

I'm sure people will come on here with their pinkies out while they sip their drinks and wear their monocles and will badmouth it, as per usual, but holy shit that movie was the best this year. I had more fun than I did with Avengers 2, hands down. Will buy it on Blu-ray the minute it's released.

10/10

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 137

Re: Jurassic World

Postby War Daddy » Jun 13, '15, 7:12 pm

Saw this as well! Jurassic World is a fantastic movie from start to finish. Phenomenal movie. I recommend it to everyone here. The use of the raptors for the final fight was awesome!

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 122

Postby Locke » Jun 13, '15, 7:19 pm

Easy with dem spoilers :P (not as if anyone couldn't see it coming)

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » Jun 13, '15, 7:31 pm

I'll give it a go probably, sounds good.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Hanley! » Jun 15, '15, 2:34 pm

I saw it over the weekend. I enjoyed it a lot, once it got going. But I don't blame anyone who says it's terrible. Thing is that it is kinda terrible, but it's pretty self aware about that fact. It's almost like Snakes in a Plane: a movie that knows it's stupid but just has fun with it.

It's probably best to watch it with a big group, and probably even more so when drinking. If you're in the right mood it'll be a blast, but at the same time it is kinda crappy. :P

I did a review of it over at Novacritic: http://novacritic.com/jurassic-world-review/

I would have rated it more highly if it wasn't for the first half hour or so, which was pretty dull.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Locke » Jun 15, '15, 2:48 pm

Hanley! wrote:I saw it over the weekend. I enjoyed it a lot, once it got going. But I don't blame anyone who says it's terrible. Thing is that it is kinda terrible, but it's pretty self aware about that fact. It's almost like Snakes in a Plane: a movie that knows it's stupid but just has fun with it.

It's probably best to watch it with a big group, and probably even more so when drinking. If you're in the right mood it'll be a blast, but at the same time it is kinda crappy. :P

I did a review of it over at Novacritic: http://novacritic.com/jurassic-world-review/

I would have rated it more highly if it wasn't for the first half hour or so, which was pretty dull.

You monocle wearing pinky sipping mother trucker.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Jun 15, '15, 3:58 pm

Ah fuck off, Alpha. I said I enjoyed it, but it is a crappy blockbuster. The movie even knows it's a crappy blockbuster. That's the point. If you think this is a 10/10 classic you need to locate some standards.

The first film is amazing. It's something I do like. So you can go fuck yourself with that "you never like anything" criticism. I get beyond tired of hearing that lazy insult over and over again on here.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Locke » Jun 15, '15, 4:06 pm

Hanley! wrote:Ah fuck off, Alpha. I said I enjoyed it, but it is a crappy blockbuster. The movie even knows it's a crappy blockbuster. That's the point. If you think this is a 10/10 classic you need to locate some standards.

The first film is amazing. It's something I do like. So you can go fuck yourself with that "you never like anything" criticism. I get beyond tired of hearing that lazy insult over and over again on here.

I'm sure there's a reason you get tired of people telling you that you don't like anything. I wonder why so many people tell you that, enough that it pet-peeves you? :lol

I mean, I don't often wonder why everyone calls me an asshole. I know I'm an asshole. Acceptance is the first step. <3

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby War Daddy » Jun 15, '15, 4:09 pm

Hanley! wrote:Ah fuck off, Alpha. I said I enjoyed it, but it is a crappy blockbuster. The movie even knows it's a crappy blockbuster. That's the point. If you think this is a 10/10 classic you need to locate some standards.

Never said it was 10/10 now did I? I also knew I'd get under your skin a bit with that. :P

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Locke » Jun 15, '15, 4:17 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:

Never said it was 10/10 now did I? I also knew I'd get under your skin a bit with that. :P

No, I was the one that said it was 10/10. I guess I need to develop some standards or something.
It matched every criteria that I wanted when I watch movies. It had interesting characters that developed through the film, it had a story that was interesting, it had villains and heroes that I wanted to pay attention to, it had awesome action sequences and kept me on the edge of my seat (so much so that I refused a bathroom break that was quite needed), and I'd pay movie theatre ticket prices to go watch it again next weekend if my family/friends wanted to go and wouldn't feel it was a waste of money.

No, it didn't "move me" to some amazing life changing epiphany or make me shit out a new article ready for Vanity Fair or US Weekly or something. I didn't want to put on a beret, go to Starbucks, and write a review on an iPad while sipping vagina flavored coffee with my pinky in the air. However, as far as I'm concerned, it was a great movie and will be worth picking up on Blu-ray when it comes out and will likely be followed by shit sequels.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Jun 15, '15, 4:29 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:Never said it was 10/10 now did I? I also knew I'd get under your skin a bit with that. :P

Good for you, for figuring that out. Yeah, I get pissed off when I put time into writing about something and then I get neg repped and dismissively told that "You don't like anything" in response. Fair play. That's well spotted. Congratulations.

Locke wrote:I'm sure there's a reason you get tired of people telling you that you don't like anything. I wonder why so many people tell you that, enough that it pet-peeves you? :lol

I think it's cos it's easier than actually defending things most of the time. Maybe I'm an easy target, but it doesn't make it any less childish of an argument to make.

I know I'm picky. But I praise as much as I bash, people just choose to ignore that stuff. Look at the IMDB thread, where I've praised the majority of what I watched.

Also, I wasn't referencing your 10/10 comment believe it or not. I was just saying that the dumb popcorn flick isn't perfect. I was pissed off because I was getting ripped not for saying that the film was bad, but for saying it's a lot of fun, but in a pretty stupid way. Which is a lot kinder than what a lot of people are saying about it.

Fuck it, I don't know why I bother talking about anything here half the time.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby War Daddy » Jun 15, '15, 8:03 pm

Hanley! wrote:
Alpha Beast wrote:Never said it was 10/10 now did I? I also knew I'd get under your skin a bit with that. :P

Good for you, for figuring that out. Yeah, I get pissed off when I put time into writing about something and then I get neg repped and dismissively told that "You don't like anything" in response. Fair play. That's well spotted. Congratulations.

The whole thing was a joke to begin with. Sheesh.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby JDD » Jun 15, '15, 8:42 pm

At least Hanley said he enjoyed it. I thought the movie was a boring piece of shit from start to finish :lol

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby lyonssv » Jun 15, '15, 9:47 pm

I'm going to see it tomorrow, I'm pretty pumped for nostalgia reasons if anything. I was a kid in 1993 when the first one came out and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Everyone I've talked to that has seen it says it's pretty great.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 13

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 16, '15, 2:43 am

While I agree with pretty much everything about Hanley's novacritic review, I found it to be pretty spectacular. Sure the screenplay left much to be desired and the characters were pretty thin but I felt like a kid again and I had an awesome time. I wish that there was less CGI and more animatronics but I hardly expected any and the CGI looked decent enough.

7/10 - Good stuff

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby SortaCreative » Jun 16, '15, 6:03 am

I made Hanley jokes before Hanley jokes were cool.

Also he's full of shit, that film was utter garbage. 9.80 wasted :lol

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PorkChop » Jun 22, '15, 2:06 pm

Just saw this, I can;t quite put into words how I felt about it. "Fucking... what?" is probably the best I can muster.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Circled Square » Jun 22, '15, 2:16 pm

PorkChop wrote:Just saw this, I can;t quite put into words how I felt about it. "Fucking... what?" is probably the best I can muster.

Is that...a negative reaction?

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 209

Postby Viazon » Jun 22, '15, 2:32 pm

I enjoyed it. Thought it was a very good movie.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Locke » Jun 22, '15, 2:49 pm

Being "hornswaggled" into seeing it with some friends tomorrow. No regurts.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Next

Return to Movies and TV