It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 12:58 am

The best movie you will ever see (you too, Hanley)

Talk about movies and television in here!

Re: The best movie you will ever see (you too, Hanley)

Postby Hanley! » Jun 19, '15, 6:04 pm

Honestly, at first I thought the trailer was a self-contained joke. And I thought it was pretty funny. But I don't think it could carry 30 minutes, let alone a feature length film. I haven't watched anything more than the trailer, if that wasn't clear.

Then again, maybe it'd still be fun in the right environment. As someone who enjoyed sitting around with friends watching Black Dynamite, I probably shouldn't write it off. :lol But I wouldn't blame vader for not liking it.

Still, I have to admit that "Kung Fuhrer" tickled me.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Daz » Jun 19, '15, 9:25 pm

I actually think this would work better if it was feature length. They cram so much into thirty minutes that it just bombards you, so a lot of it just feels mind numbing as they jump from one gag to the other. I was fatigued watching it and everything fell flat before the end. Now that being said, a lot of it wasn't particularly funny to begin with, but if you gave context to it and laid some groundwork for jokes, it'd probably work better. As Hanley said, it could definitely be enjoyable in the right environment, but then again, I'm someone that had giggle fits at a movie like Iron Sky, so what the fuck do I know?

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 25

Postby Locke » Jun 20, '15, 12:11 am

I dunno, you all read waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more into this than I had ever anticipated or cared to anticipate. I'm going to take a huge dump some day, take a pic, and post it up here for review. It'd be nice to get some medical opinions on some standard brown shit some day, plus it'd just be fun to say I did it. :lol

Really this just reminded me of another Kung Pow: Enter the Fist or Kung Fu Hustle. Just a stupid, funny, watch it with your buddies kind of movie. It's so outlandish and dumb, I couldn't imagine it ever being critiqued and reviewed heavily or seriously but holy ball sack, Batman! Here we are. >_> <_< The whole point of the topic name was to be silly and point out harsh critiques (hence the mention of @Hanley!), and before this weird "review" of the movie popped up Hanley! was in here like a boss being like "Yeah man I'll allow it" like the funny ref off of Celebrity Death Match. It was just supposed to be a funny joke. I thought it was bleedingly obvious. Then Vader comes in.

I never wanted Vader to think I disliked him as a person or disrespected him as a person or anything (in reference to being called out about "Rule #1" from Tim). However, as a person that consumes media for entertainment value, I will blast the balls off of him because I think he really is more "smug" than he claims this movie is. I get it, he appreciates different "media" than I do, but up until now I've never outright blasted his opinion on films until he tried rubbing my nose in -this- about how "smug" this Beavis and Butthead 2015 was.

My opinion of Vaderbomb's movie taste:
Now excuse me while I go watch Eyes Wide Shut, rip my eyes out, glue them back in, and watch something my keyboard can't even friggin' type without copy and paste because it's using a completely different bit system of characters than the English language, then tell someone their silly pointless comedy is "smug."

Hell, I don't even care if someone doesn't like this movie. I have no reason to defend it, I have no reason to care about it.. but for months, maybe YEARS I've sat here and watched different folks get all high and mighty and downright artsy-fartsy freakin' magazine-snob (as in movie reviewer) worthy over movies they just orgasm over while I barf in the nearest trashcan, but I kept my mouth shut and didn't criticize anything or outright say "Forget that stupid bullshit movie you like, it's complete garbage and it makes me want to hang myself after sitting through its depressing morose bullshit for 2 or 3 hours" or something that could be taken offensively. I played nice. Then Vader comes in here and shits on a perfectly great comedy, A JOKE, and when I make a few harmless jokes about it in response, suddenly the guy that I helped make this forum with says -I- am the one being "Rule #1" breaker. I don't buy that and I think it's fucking bullshit. I'm sorry but fucking fuck that fucking shit. I love you, but I ain't havin' none of that.

Don't get me wrong! I hate Carebare Land! I completely agree we can, do, and should have different opinions of movies. I think it's 100% awesome that Vader hates this movie. He's entitled to his opinion and I am fine with that. However, after all the stuff he posts about movies that -I HAVE PERSONALLY SEEN- that make me want to literally hang myself in a dark lonely closet after seeing them (I can't even begin to tell you how movies like these, because of their "artistic direction," are so nasty, deep, and dark, that I just want to fucking DIE after seeing them - long story short, TOO MUCH HUMANITY) and they get A+++++ 10/10 blah blah, and I post one thing about one dumb movie and defend it, then I'm the cretin.. It's just not fair to me. I was nice.

Please don't tell me I'm the one being a dick here. I really, truly don't feel like I'm the one that's a dick here. I'm just not laying down for this! I'm just not going to say "YES SIR." That doesn't mean I'm a horrible asshole, I hope. It just means I disagree very strongly to being called a "dick" for standing up to someone who calls a purposely horrible and dumb yet FUNNY movie "smug." That's JUST as "dick" to me as I guess it is Tim for me defending it.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 137

Postby Matteo » Jun 20, '15, 2:13 am

Locke wrote:I dunno, you all read waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more into this than I had ever anticipated or cared to anticipate. I'm going to take a huge dump some day, take a pic, and post it up here for review. It'd be nice to get some medical opinions on some standard brown shit some day, plus it'd just be fun to say I did it. :lol

Really this just reminded me of another Kung Pow: Enter the Fist or Kung Fu Hustle. Just a stupid, funny, watch it with your buddies kind of movie. It's so outlandish and dumb, I couldn't imagine it ever being critiqued and reviewed heavily or seriously but holy ball sack, Batman! Here we are. >_> <_< The whole point of the topic name was to be silly and point out harsh critiques (hence the mention of @Hanley!), and before this weird "review" of the movie popped up Hanley! was in here like a boss being like "Yeah man I'll allow it" like the funny ref off of Celebrity Death Match. It was just supposed to be a funny joke. I thought it was bleedingly obvious. Then Vader comes in.

I never wanted Vader to think I disliked him as a person or disrespected him as a person or anything (in reference to being called out about "Rule #1" from Tim). However, as a person that consumes media for entertainment value, I will blast the balls off of him because I think he really is more "smug" than he claims this movie is. I get it, he appreciates different "media" than I do, but up until now I've never outright blasted his opinion on films until he tried rubbing my nose in -this- about how "smug" this Beavis and Butthead 2015 was.

My opinion of Vaderbomb's movie taste:
Now excuse me while I go watch Eyes Wide Shut, rip my eyes out, glue them back in, and watch something my keyboard can't even friggin' type without copy and paste because it's using a completely different bit system of characters than the English language, then tell someone their silly pointless comedy is "smug."

Hell, I don't even care if someone doesn't like this movie. I have no reason to defend it, I have no reason to care about it.. but for months, maybe YEARS I've sat here and watched different folks get all high and mighty and downright artsy-fartsy freakin' magazine-snob (as in movie reviewer) worthy over movies they just orgasm over while I barf in the nearest trashcan, but I kept my mouth shut and didn't criticize anything or outright say "Forget that stupid bullshit movie you like, it's complete garbage and it makes me want to hang myself after sitting through its depressing morose bullshit for 2 or 3 hours" or something that could be taken offensively. I played nice. Then Vader comes in here and shits on a perfectly great comedy, A JOKE, and when I make a few harmless jokes about it in response, suddenly the guy that I helped make this forum with says -I- am the one being "Rule #1" breaker. I don't buy that and I think it's fucking bullshit. I'm sorry but fucking fuck that fucking shit. I love you, but I ain't havin' none of that.

Don't get me wrong! I hate Carebare Land! I completely agree we can, do, and should have different opinions of movies. I think it's 100% awesome that Vader hates this movie. He's entitled to his opinion and I am fine with that. However, after all the stuff he posts about movies that -I HAVE PERSONALLY SEEN- that make me want to literally hang myself in a dark lonely closet after seeing them (I can't even begin to tell you how movies like these, because of their "artistic direction," are so nasty, deep, and dark, that I just want to fucking DIE after seeing them - long story short, TOO MUCH HUMANITY) and they get A+++++ 10/10 blah blah, and I post one thing about one dumb movie and defend it, then I'm the cretin.. It's just not fair to me. I was nice.

Please don't tell me I'm the one being a dick here. I really, truly don't feel like I'm the one that's a dick here. I'm just not laying down for this! I'm just not going to say "YES SIR." That doesn't mean I'm a horrible asshole, I hope. It just means I disagree very strongly to being called a "dick" for standing up to someone who calls a purposely horrible and dumb yet FUNNY movie "smug." That's JUST as "dick" to me as I guess it is Tim for me defending it.

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 195

Postby Daz » Jun 20, '15, 2:25 am

Think you should probably calm down a little sir.

What's funny to you, isn't to others, and sometimes there's nothing more obnoxious than sitting through bad comedy. Hence the smug. It doesn't devalue your opinion or your enjoyment of the film in anyway,

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 20, '15, 4:37 am

ITT

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Circled Square » Jun 20, '15, 4:56 am

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby SKS » Jun 20, '15, 9:55 am

Circled Square wrote:Image

Nice smug GIF, you asshole. :fu

I don't think UTK or Locke is being a dick if they say that Vaderbomb or his films/film comments sometime comes off as smug, that's just their opinion. It's not like they're saying, Vader, you're a smug douchebag that thinks he's better than everyone and blah blah blah. Just that sometimes they feel he posts smug comments. I'm not that big into movies so I don't know, but I like Vaderbomb as a poster and don't think he's smug, but even then, smug isn't exactly a bad thing? I don't know.

smug
sməɡ/
adjective
adjective: smug; comparative adjective: smugger; superlative adjective: smuggest

having or showing an excessive pride in oneself or one's achievements.

I guess it is used commonly as an insult, even though I'm not sure what Vader would be smug about by saying he doesn't like this film. So he watches a bunch of movies. It doesn't make him smarter than anyone else here. Opinions are opinions, even if you don't agree with them. You can defend your opinion without insulting the other person with reasoning for why you feel a certain way. However, I still think to say that someone is a bit smug in their postings is a breaking of rule number 1, I don't really agree with that. I think you should be able to criticize other people's posts without right away being called out for personally attacking them. I don't make the rules though, so I'm probably wrong.

I think the "drama" or whatever is occurring in this thread is a bit overblown and things are taken way too seriously. Locke has every right to post his response even if it is over the top and not really needed (just my opinion). I feel he is taking things a bit too seriously as well and I can see how his response could be dickish towards Vaderbomb with his description of how he views him as a film critic. I can see why he'd be annoyed though if he posted a long, seemingly thought out response only to get GIFs and JPEGs in response (this is annoying).

I think we should be able to laugh at "jabs" and have fun without taking it to heart and we should still be able to discuss things in a respectful and meaningful manner.

Last edited by SKS on Jun 20, '15, 10:27 am, edited 5 times in total.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 20, '15, 9:56 am

^ I think we're perhaps somewhat raw at the moment, so anything that appears as though it may spark any conflict is being doused with the power of a thousand fire hoses. :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby SKS » Jun 20, '15, 10:14 am

SlightlyJames wrote:^ I think we're perhaps somewhat raw at the moment, so anything that appears as though it may spark any conflict is being doused with the power of a thousand fire hoses. :lol

I get that unnecessary conflict should be avoided, but I think a serious response would cause less conflict then a Wonka picture or GIF. I think that just makes it worse. :P

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby SortaCreative » Jun 20, '15, 10:41 am

You all need to grow a set and stop crying when someone says a bad word about you.

Seriously.

The people that frequent this site is the only reason people keep coming back. All the other topics are ripped from Reddit. I can go there to see them. If you start making people not want to come back then how long do you think this lasts?

So what, someone hurt your feels. Fuck your feelings man. If you want to watch your Transformers 4 with a case of cold beer on the porch you go right ahead. If Vader wants to sip a fucking chai latte as he debates the intricacies of Daniel Bryans scrotum hair, then let him. Fucking hell.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of you liking something or not. It doesn't matter one bit. The fuck is wrong with you. The fuck is wrong with everyone around here atm?

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby War Daddy » Jun 20, '15, 10:51 am

SortaCreative wrote:You all need to grow a set and stop crying when someone says a bad word about you.

Seriously.

The people that frequent this site is the only reason people keep coming back. All the other topics are ripped from Reddit. I can go there to see them. If you start making people not want to come back then how long do you think this lasts?

So what, someone hurt your feels. Fuck your feelings man. If you want to watch your Transformers 4 with a case of cold beer on the porch you go right ahead. If Vader wants to sip a fucking chai latte as he debates the intricacies of Daniel Bryans scrotum hair, then let him. Fucking hell.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of you liking something or not. It doesn't matter one bit. The fuck is wrong with you. The fuck is wrong with everyone around here atm?

You get the fuck out of here with that common sense. @SortaCreative

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Suit&Tie » Jun 20, '15, 12:12 pm

Mr. @Locke, it appears to me that you are in dire need of legal representation. I may be of assistance in this matter. Feel free to send me a private message - after which you will be transferred to my secretary, who will fax you further contact information as well as my legal credentials. You are not alone, sir.

Ladies and gentlemen, once again I find myself an unfortunate witness to a scene involving a man being violently, savagely, maliciously assaulted and abused for simply exercising his right to free expression of opinion. A right which has always been granted but seldom respected in this virtual community. It must be noted that these incidents are occurring with ever increasing frequency - this fact troubles me greatly, as it does my client. My unbiased professional opinion suggests that drastic action must be taken against the thugs who continue to perpetrate these vicious crimes, as well as the corrupt moderators and administrators who allow them to take place within their jurisdiction. I'm sure none of use want this to turn out like the Kramer vs City of Chicago case of 1989, but it is becoming dangerously close to doing so.

If anyone else feels mistreated or disrespected as a result of spending their time on SquaredCircle (what I have officially deemed an "Extremely Unsafe Posting Environment" according to the recognized standards of the World Wide Web Commission - WWWC) then you too will receive my legal aid. Rest assured that you will always have representation, you have but to ask for it.

David Cunningham
Attorney at Law

Last edited by Suit&Tie on Jun 20, '15, 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Suit&Tie None specified
Mark
Mark

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Topics: 2

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 20, '15, 12:17 pm

Suit&Tie wrote:viscous crimes

:clap

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby SortaCreative » Jun 20, '15, 6:43 pm

Suit&Tie wrote:Mr. @Locke, it appears to me that you are in dire need of legal representation. I may be of assistance in this matter. Feel free to send me a private message - after which you will be transferred to my secretary, who will fax you further contact information as well as my legal credentials. You are not alone, sir.

Ladies and gentlemen, once again I find myself an unfortunate witness to a scene involving a man being violently, savagely, maliciously assaulted and abused for simply exercising his right to free expression of opinion. A right which has always been granted but seldom respected in this virtual community. It must be noted that these incidents are occurring with ever increasing frequency - this fact troubles me greatly, as it does my client. My unbiased professional opinion suggests that drastic action must be taken against the thugs who continue to perpetrate these vicious crimes, as well as the corrupt moderators and administrators who allow them to take place within their jurisdiction. I'm sure none of use want this to turn out like the Kramer vs City of Chicago case of 1989, but it is becoming dangerously close to doing so.

If anyone else feels mistreated or disrespected as a result of spending their time on SquaredCircle (what I have officially deemed an "Extremely Unsafe Posting Environment" according to the recognized standards of the World Wide Web Commission - WWWC) then you too will receive my legal aid. Rest assured that you will always have representation, you have but to ask for it.

David Cunningham
Attorney at Law

Dunno who you are, but you can go fuck yourself too :lol

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54

Postby Matteo » Jun 20, '15, 10:53 pm

Garbage bin thread 2.0

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 195

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 21, '15, 2:22 am

Oh shit.

I thought that people would hardly care but at least slightly appreciate movie recommendations. Whoever responded or even read the small amount of "reviews" or lists that I post makes me happy because I really enjoy discussing film.

I've never actually expected anybody to care about my opinions of movies but I wanted to add something. I was trying to stir up some movie discussion and spread some love about things that bring me joy in life. I love watching movies and I'm passionate about what I love and equally as passionate about what I don't.

I don't hate Kung Fury. It's shit but I reserve most of my film watching hatred for things along the lines of the worthless Pearl Harbor, Hip Hop Locos or Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. If you'd actually talk to me about movies, you'd come to understand that I'm not a film snob. Most films that I watch I give a positive rating to. I'm not a critic. I'm a filmmaker myself and can appreciate passion and effort on even the most un-relatable scale.

If my personal opinion of a short movie personally offends you so much, I don't apologize in the slightest. I'd ask you to suck my dick but I would enjoy it too much, so with love... :fu

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby UTK » Jun 21, '15, 12:36 pm

I didn't take this nearly as seriously as Locke did. Sorry I started something. :lol

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59

Postby EmperorWu » Jun 21, '15, 5:25 pm

I like Pancakes.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Suit&Tie » Jun 21, '15, 5:52 pm

SortaCreative wrote:Dunno who you are, but you can go fuck yourself too :lol

Blatant profanity and sexual harassment of a United States attorney? In front of several witnesses who are able to testify, no less. I have filed a police report with the law enforcement agency nearest to your residence. Whatever your intent may have been, I must inform you that your only accomplishment here was managing to strengthen my case against SquaredCircle.net and the evildoers associated with it.

Suit&Tie None specified
Mark
Mark

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Topics: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Movies and TV