It is currently: Apr 24, '24, 3:25 am

Survivor: Second Chances

Talk about movies and television in here!

Re: Survivor: Second Chances

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 07, '15, 9:22 pm

Everlong wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:Why would anybody want to be in an alliance with Abi? She's a loose cannon, you can't trust her one bit and you never know when she's going to go off, or get pissed at someone else in your alliance and switch sides.

The only upside I see is she's so crazy that she can take attention away from you with all her antics.

Savage and Tasha have no intention of allying with her long term, I'm sure. But it'd be much easier for them to keep Abi now and convince Varner and Woo to vote her out next than to keep Abi and convince Varner and Woo to vote out PG next. It's all about trying to stay afloat while they're down in the numbers.

I like Woo but he always seems to be completely clueless about what's going on :lol

I can't even say how many times he has that wide eyed look of disbelief on him.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby Ali » Oct 07, '15, 10:01 pm

I've always been a Woo fan, a Woo defender, and I do a see a narrative forming for him: Nobody tells him nothin'.

This can either be a detriment and get him voted out... or, and this is far more unlikely, his "cluelessness" will lead to him going deep. I see a bit of edge to him this time, especially with his comment after the loss when he said, "I'm always the last to know about these things."

I'm really noticing that nobody talks to Woo. When Shirin and Spencer came to him last week, he says, "You guys haven't spoken to me at all!" This week, everyone is making deals left and right, and he seems left out. He seems to be a guy that wants to play hard, but no one wants to play ball with him. I think he's kind of getting pissed at being kept constantly out of the loop. I see one of three things happening...

1. Woo gets voted out next time Angkor goes to Tribal due to Abi being Abi
2. Woo realizes his position and goes for/finds the Angkor Hidden Immunity Idol
3. Woo teams with Savage/Tasha to vote out Varner or Abi

I think if Woo can survive, he could go deep. He gets a lot of visibility without confessionals, he's likable, it's just weird how no one seems to clue him into anything.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 43

Postby Everlong » Oct 08, '15, 7:02 am

^Yeah, it's especially weird this time when his gameplay seems to have evolved and he actually understands the kind of moves that need to be made. Why is nobody trying to play ball with him?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Everlong » Oct 16, '15, 11:51 am

SO BUMMED about the Varner boot. Like, really really sad. Fortunately this is an All Stars season with a ton of enjoyable characters left, but I'm so sick of Abi Maria and Varner was definitely my favorite of the bunch so far.

Right now it's looking like the three best bets for winner are Jeremy, Spencer and Kelley Wentworth, though I wouldn't rule out Tasha either.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 16, '15, 1:50 pm

I won't cry for Varner, guy has been running his mouth the whole time and played too hard and it cost him.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Ali » Oct 16, '15, 2:23 pm

The story of the first couple of boots, especially Shirin, was of people not adapting or changing their game enough.

Varner's story was that he adapted too much. He played so hard, he was not going to be passive, and he over-corrected. He was a threat because he played too aggressive strategically, and turned into a challenge liability.

The winner is going to be someone who manages to find that balance of fixing what they did wrong without it interfering with what they did right. As Keith said, just tweak a little bit.

My top Winner Picks right now are Kelley Wentworth, Kass ( :O ), and Woo. Of course, I'm a biased Woo fan, but I think they're showing that they've actually adjusted their games. Wentworth, she didn't have much of a game in her first season, primarily because she was edited as an early boot, so here, she's getting to play. Kass seems to have actually figured out how to CONNECT with people, which is a total shock, but she's doing well. Woo was passive in his first game, but here, he's showing fight and drive, and if he makes a merge, I can see him doing well.

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap

Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 16, '15, 5:22 pm

Kass has done a complete about face so far. So much so that I figure people will get suspicious soon. I mean after she made a gift for someone's birthday, I'd be like "what the hell is up with this?".

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Oct 22, '15, 11:46 am

That blindside of Monica was fantastic, and a 3-2-1 vote masterminded by Kimmi of all people! Great overall episode, it was good that they spread out the confessionals more in this one too. There are so many great characters in this season.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Ali » Oct 29, '15, 12:35 pm

As a biased Woo fan, I have to say... WHAT THE HELL WAS ANDREW SAVAGE THINKING?!

Okay, let's break this down. There are 14 people in the game, and the tribes shuffle to 7 each. Neo-Neo Ta Keo is Savage, Woo, Abi, Ciera, Kass, Spencer, and Kelly Wiglesworth. Savage says his alliance is him, Woo, Abi, Ciera, and Kass. He wants to take out Spencer, so his decoy boot idea is... CIERA?!

Kelly Wiglesworth is right there. She has no allegiance to Spencer, no connection with anyone, you wouldn't even have to tell her that she's the decoy, just tell Spencer, you could've done the same thing Bayon did last week and pit the TWO PEOPLE ON THE OBVIOUS MINORITY AGAINST EACH OTHER... and you tell Ciera she's the decoy?

Did I miss something? A pre-game Savage/Wiglesworth alliance? Was Woo that tight with Wiglesworth that he vetoed that idea? Or is Savage just bafflingly awful? Is there any logic in this or any parallel alternate universe that could explain why Wiglesworth was not the decoy?

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap

Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Oct 31, '15, 2:48 pm

Ali wrote:As a biased Woo fan, I have to say... WHAT THE HELL WAS ANDREW SAVAGE THINKING?!

Okay, let's break this down. There are 14 people in the game, and the tribes shuffle to 7 each. Neo-Neo Ta Keo is Savage, Woo, Abi, Ciera, Kass, Spencer, and Kelly Wiglesworth. Savage says his alliance is him, Woo, Abi, Ciera, and Kass. He wants to take out Spencer, so his decoy boot idea is... CIERA?!

Kelly Wiglesworth is right there. She has no allegiance to Spencer, no connection with anyone, you wouldn't even have to tell her that she's the decoy, just tell Spencer, you could've done the same thing Bayon did last week and pit the TWO PEOPLE ON THE OBVIOUS MINORITY AGAINST EACH OTHER... and you tell Ciera she's the decoy?

Did I miss something? A pre-game Savage/Wiglesworth alliance? Was Woo that tight with Wiglesworth that he vetoed that idea? Or is Savage just bafflingly awful? Is there any logic in this or any parallel alternate universe that could explain why Wiglesworth was not the decoy?

I saw you post this on r/survivor :P

But yeah, you're right. It feels like Savage had other options here, there has to be more to the storyline. Only thing I can think of is that he thought Spencer would be more likely to take the bait for Ciera than Kelly Wigs.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Everlong » Nov 11, '15, 8:04 pm

CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT HOW FUCKING AWESOME TONIGHT'S EPISODE WAS?

FUCK YEA KELLEY WENTWORTH

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 11, '15, 8:06 pm

Everlong wrote:CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT HOW FUCKING AWESOME TONIGHT'S EPISODE WAS?

Savage just got savaged! I have zero problem with him flipping off Abi by the way. That wound was fresh.

They should have split the votes, didn't they have like 9 votes for Wentworth? Split them between Ciera and her and one of them would have gone home.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Ali » Nov 11, '15, 8:07 pm

F*CK YEAH KELLEY WENTWORTH

F*CK YOU NACHO MAN ANDY SAVAGE

I love it.

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap

Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 11, '15, 8:11 pm

Also there were a ton of middle fingers on this show haha. Birds everywhere!!

Also, Savage and Kass have to live together for days now. 3/1 odds one of them kills the other.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Nov 11, '15, 8:12 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:Also, Savage and Kass have to live together for days now. 3/1 odds one of them kills the other.

Didn't even think of that... Ponderosa is gonna be great :lol

Also, Abi's "At least you made the jury!" quip was hilarious, hahaha. Best thing she's ever done.

Ciera is also really coming into her own once again, which is great to see after she was invisible for most of the first few episodes.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Ali » Nov 11, '15, 8:15 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
Everlong wrote:CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT HOW FUCKING AWESOME TONIGHT'S EPISODE WAS?

Savage just got savaged! I have zero problem with him flipping off Abi by the way. That wound was fresh.

They should have split the votes, didn't they have like 9 votes for Wentworth? Split them between Ciera and her and one of them would have gone home.

Because, much like making Wiglesworth the decoy two weeks ago, that would've been the intelligent thing to do, which totally goes against the Survivor strategy of Andrew Savage.

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap

Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 11, '15, 8:15 pm

Next week's going to be crazy. Savage was the leader and with him gone now it'll be a free for all for alliances. Conceivably everyone that voted for Kelley could just vote for her again, or Ciera, but I doubt that happens. More likely Stephen flips with the girls and goes hard after Joe.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Ali » Nov 11, '15, 10:40 pm

All right, aside from my admittedly somewhat irrational hatred of Andrew Savage, this was the right move for the Wentworth-Ciera-Abi trio to target Savage.

What Savage makes abundantly clear in his two performances, and one of the reasons I can't stand him, is that he is completely unwilling to bend from his alliance. Through hell or high water, he has his group, he sticks to it, and anyone against it is essentially the devil. And because of that, people were wary to make a move against him. I think the strategy of a lot of people might have been to placate Savage and let him dig his own grave by making enemies, then drag him to the Final 3 as a goat.

By eliminating Savage now, you free up more players and strategic options. Stephen, Joe, Jeremy, and Tasha, they all want to be active movers, but they couldn't go against Savage. Now, we'll probably see a little more movement and a little more flexibility in their games. I think it works out great for everyone.

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap

Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 12, '15, 9:40 am

I think Joe is pretty much toast now. He was second in command essentially to Savage and Stephen already was trying to oust him this week, and Spencer sees him as a huge threat too. If they team up with the three girls they can make something happen. He's got some work to do.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Nov 12, '15, 9:55 am

Str8Shooter wrote:I think Joe is pretty much toast now. He was second in command essentially to Savage and Stephen already was trying to oust him this week, and Spencer sees him as a huge threat too. If they team up with the three girls they can make something happen. He's got some work to do.

Yeah basically Joe's only chance at this point is to win his way to the end, which would require an unprecedented winning streak.

That being said, he's won every single immunity challenge so far, both team and individual. Nobody has ever been immune from 9 straight eliminations until now. He'll have to nearly double that to get to the end but it's still darn impressive.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Movies and TV