It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 4:05 am

Drew Goddard to helm "Spectacular Spider-Man"

Talk about movies and television in here!

Drew Goddard to helm "Spectacular Spider-Man"

Postby Ali » Mar 02, '15, 5:51 pm

http://uproxx.com/movies/2015/03/breaki ... -avengers/

Drew Goddard is something of a Joss Whedon/JJ Abrams protege, having written episodes of Buffy, Angel, Alias, and Lost, as well as being a writer for Cloverfield and being the writer and director of The Cabin in the Woods, produced and co-written by Whedon. This is also not Goddard's only Marvel project, as he will be the showrunner for their Netflix series of Daredevil. Also of note is that Spidey will be a high school kid played by a brand new actor, and there will be no origin story.

Are we in for another missed opportunity, or will the third time be the charm for the web-slinger's movie franchise hopes?

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 43

Re: Drew Goddard to helm "Spectacular Spider-Man"

Postby prophet » Mar 02, '15, 5:59 pm

Well the fact we don't have to sit through another origin story is phenomenal news. (Go away already, Uncle Ben) but I'm not looking forward to seeing another dorky high school Peter Parker nerding it up despite likely being the most handsome person in the movie. Pretty certain they're looking for a mix of Maguire/Garfield but will likely settle for the standard vanilla casting.

Miles Morales would've been the better way to go for the Marvelverse.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Drew Goddard to helm "Spectacular Spider-Man"

Postby Hanley! » Mar 02, '15, 6:10 pm

Couldn't give a fuck at this point. Another reboot so soon was the wrong way to go. The cast for the Amazing Spiderman was phenomenal. If they wanted some distance from their first two films, they could have just acted like a few years had passed between movies. Spiderman would be out of high school so we wouldn't have to see that again. Gwen would be dead so we wouldn't have to see that again. And they could go just about anywhere else they wanted with the franchise from there, and with an awesome cast.

It is good that they're not doing the origin story again, but it is still going to have to re-introduce us to the character, which is going to be tiresome so soon after saying goodbye to the last one. Which came pretty soon after the one before that ...

Spiderman is one of my favourite superheroes, if not my very favourite, but I can't get excited about new Spiderman films at this point. This whole reboot idea just sounds like a mess to me.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to Movies and TV