It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 4:59 am

Sony Cancels Release of 'The Interview'

Talk about movies and television in here!

Re: Sony Cancels Release of 'The Interview'

Postby Hanley! » Dec 21, '14, 8:52 am

^^ If anything, the alliance between the two countries would make the film less of a big deal though. It's easier to take it as a joke when the countries are allies. When relationships are tense between two countries, it doesn't take much to cause an incident.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Matteo » Dec 22, '14, 12:28 am

Hanley! wrote:^^ If anything, the alliance between the two countries would make the film less of a big deal though. It's easier to take it as a joke when the countries are allies. When relationships are tense between two countries, it doesn't take much to cause an incident.

Yes, true, but it's still rather surprising that a film which depicts the assassination of the actual President of the United States (as opposed to a fictionally written one) managed to not only find key funding and distribution, but cause little - if any - dissension or uproar. It's still a politically sensitive subject to explore, irrespective of country alliance and ideological friction. Also, making an English-language film about the assassination of the United States President is sure to reach a much more extensive audience in the Western world as opposed to a Korean-language film which would seldom see any theatrical mainstream light in North America.

On a brighter note, The Interview now has a registered 10/10 on its IMDb page. That is hilarious.

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 195

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 23, '14, 2:12 pm

Might aswell change the thread title. Sony aren't cancelling it and are releasing it on Xmas day. How nice and convenient.

Really hope the movie sucks and everyone who paid for entry is left ruing that decision..

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby SortaCreative » Dec 23, '14, 4:39 pm

How interesting

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby prophet » Dec 24, '14, 5:44 pm

It's good for the people involved with the making of the film that it's getting released, be pretty shitty if all that hard work and money went to waste. That said I'm still not interested in it, it's probably shit.

I will watch Team America again later though, awesome film.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Westcoastvibes » Dec 24, '14, 6:19 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Might aswell change the thread title. Sony aren't cancelling it and are releasing it on Xmas day. How nice and convenient.

Really hope the movie sucks and everyone who paid for entry is left ruing that decision..

I have seen a few critic reviews who say it's actually one of the better rogan/Franco films. One said that it is similar to pineapple express in that it's a action comedy instead of just a slapstick comedy, but leagues better than pineapple express

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby KaiserGlider » Dec 24, '14, 6:26 pm

It currently has a 9.8 on IMDB.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Viazon » Dec 24, '14, 7:17 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:Might aswell change the thread title. Sony aren't cancelling it and are releasing it on Xmas day. How nice and convenient.

I have seen a few critic reviews who say it's actually one of the better rogan/Franco films. One said that it is similar to pineapple express in that it's a action comedy instead of just a slapstick comedy, but leagues better than pineapple express

Pineapple Express is one of my favourite movies and I can't imagine many comedy being much better. But I have had high hopes for this movie ever since I first heard about it.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby flock u » Dec 24, '14, 8:49 pm

Just downloaded it and will watch it in a little bit. Not expecting much since I'm not big on Rogen(other than Zack and Miri) or Franco but the previews looked good.

I'm watching it now and I can definately see why Kim Jong un would be pretty pissed off about this movie lol. But it's hilarious so far

flock u Male
Jobber
Jobber

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 3

Postby JDD » Dec 25, '14, 11:30 pm

I rented it on Google Play and just finished watching it. I really enjoyed it. It was funny. As far as Rogen movies go, its no Pineapple Express but I still think its worth a watch if your a fan of his. For $6 its definatley worth te rental if you're in the mood for a dumb comedy.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author
Topics: 78

Previous

Return to Movies and TV