It is currently: May 05, '24, 5:33 pm

So is Revolution any good?

Talk about movies and television in here!

So is Revolution any good?

Postby Headlesspete » Oct 09, '13, 8:49 am

I've downloaded the first season and watched the first 3 episodes, and so far, I'm torn between what to think. There's some good depth to the story and i can see room to grow, but it seems to be missing "something" that I can't explain.

Won't lie, Elizabeth Mitchell is one of my favourite actresses, so knowing she was in it made me watch, but for anyone that's seen more, could you let me know if it gets any better? No spoilers obviously.

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 61

Re: So is Revolution any good?

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 09, '13, 9:26 am

I hated it to be honest. I found it a bit to far fetched. I gave it a few episodes but just couldn't get into it.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Postby Everlong » Oct 09, '13, 9:34 am

I'm sort of like you, I watched the first couple episodes last season and was like "ehhh... I dunno about this." I liked the premise a lot, but the writing and acting was just not good. Remember that show Terra Nova that cost a shit ton of money and looked awesome but only stayed on TV for like half a season? It's kind of how I felt about that, only Revolution isn't nearly as shitty.

I dunno, it just seemed really cheesy.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Daz » Oct 09, '13, 9:45 am

I watched the first episode and thought it was atrocious. They did a lot of silly stuff that didn't work for me, I thought the younger chick couldn't act her way out of a paper bag and it seemed to me, most of what they did was an excuse to show off skyscrapers with trees going out of them.

Also, you're telling me that all power sources go haywire and everybody moves to the woods ... leaving their nice secure brick houses to live in little shack villages. You could argue that it's easier to hunt and grow food in the woods ... but by all appearances, the city is practically the woods now too. So why in Gods name are these people living in the freaking woods?

Plus, the storyline was so convoluted and silly. I can suspend my disbelief a great deal but there were so many illogical moments that just seemed to mount up, so I never bothered watching any further. I assume it had to get better, it couldn't have gotten much worse.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 09, '13, 9:50 am

Daz wrote:I watched the first episode and thought it was atrocious. They did a lot of silly stuff that didn't work for me, I thought the younger chick couldn't act her way out of a paper bag and it seemed to me, most of what they did was an excuse to show off skyscrapers with trees going out of them.

Also, you're telling me that all power sources go haywire and everybody moves to the woods ... leaving their nice secure brick houses to live in little shack villages. You could argue that it's easier to hunt and grow food in the woods ... but by all appearances, the city is practically the woods now too. So why in Gods name are these people living in the freaking woods?

Plus, the storyline was so convoluted and silly. I can suspend my disbelief a great deal but there were so many illogical moments that just seemed to mount up, so I never bothered watching any further. I assume it had to get better, it couldn't have gotten much worse.

Exactly. Will Smoth didn't flee to the woods he kept his apartment, his dog :cry: and stayed in the city and hunted anyway

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Daz » Oct 09, '13, 10:01 am

Also, it's been fifteen years. In a world full of smart people, they haven't figured out how to make an engine work via water or some natural resource? I call bullshit. You give me fifteen years, I'll get a motor working with twigs, rubber bands and the liver of a goat.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Hanley! » Oct 09, '13, 1:05 pm

I haven't watched it ... the whole thing sounds too silly. I know a few people who have told me about it and even from second hand accounts, the amount of dumb plot holes and contrivances kind of hurt my head. It sounds like it takes suspension of disbelief to a whole new level.

Also Elizabeth Mitchell is like a black hole of acting talent. Whenever I see her in anything, she just makes that thing so much worse. Hated her in Lost, hated her in V. Learn how to emote, woman.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Headlesspete » Oct 09, '13, 1:46 pm

Hanley! wrote:Also Elizabeth Mitchell is like a black hole of acting talent. Whenever I see her in anything, she just makes that thing so much worse. Hated her in Lost, hated her in V. Learn how to emote, woman.

No!!!!!!

I think she's awesome. Loved her in Lost and loved her in V! :D

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author
Topics: 61

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 09, '13, 2:07 pm

I watched a handful of episodes a while ago and it was kinda so-so, didn't it get cancelled?

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 09, '13, 2:37 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:I watched a handful of episodes a while ago and it was kinda so-so, didn't it get cancelled?

I think it's still going.

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Return to Movies and TV