It is currently: May 04, '24, 12:31 am

What video game would you like to see adapted as a movie?

Talk about movies and television in here!

What video game would you like to see adapted as a movie?

Postby prophet » Oct 14, '14, 3:56 pm

Inspired (completely ripped off) by Hanley's thread I figured I may as well flip the question. What video games would you like to see adapted into a movie?

For me the first one would be Bioshock. The first game was brilliant and I feel like the world of Rapture would lend itself really nicely to a dark and intense film that I'd love to see happen. Bioshock Infinite would also work mainly because Colombia (and the game in general) was so beautiful and I love Elizabeth though the ending would have to be streamlined and dumbed down because I still don't think I understood it :lol

I wanted to say Mass Effect because Mass Effect 2's story was arguably the best I've ever played through but I don't think they'd really fit into the parameters movies allow. There's definitely potential there though.

The Last of Us is already being made apparently, which I'm thrilled about. Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) was rumored to be playing Ellie and the names linked with Joel include Josh Brolin and Hugh Jackman. Again though I'm really skeptical about how they'll go about streamlining the story into 2-3 hours.

Hit me with some of yours!

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: What video game would you like to see adapted as a movie?

Postby SortaCreative » Oct 14, '14, 4:02 pm

we need some originality around here.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Kirbi » Oct 14, '14, 4:05 pm

I dunno about movie... but I bet Super Paper Mario would make a hell of a musical.

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby Chewy » Oct 16, '14, 2:12 pm

Manhunt.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby Kreashko » Jun 26, '16, 8:08 am

Grand Theft Auto (Vice City or San Andreas)

Metro 2033/Last Light

Uncharted (whole series)

Alan Wake

Dead Space (whole series)

Gears of War (1, 2, or 3)

BioShock (whole series)

Quake

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Return to Movies and TV