It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 6:36 am

Very short "Better Call Saul" teaser

Talk about movies and television in here!

Very short "Better Call Saul" teaser

Postby UTK » Aug 11, '14, 7:47 pm

Lookin' young, Odenkirk.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Very short "Better Call Saul" teaser

Postby Everlong » Aug 13, '14, 6:04 pm

I'm looking forward to this. The popular opinion seems to be that it's a series that shouldn't happen, but I'm willing to give Vince Gillgan the benefit of the doubt. He made Breaking Bad a masterpiece, I don't see why he can't at least make Better Call Saul very good.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Aug 17, '14, 2:47 pm

Everlong wrote:I'm looking forward to this. The popular opinion seems to be that it's a series that shouldn't happen, but I'm willing to give Vince Gillgan the benefit of the doubt. He made Breaking Bad a masterpiece, I don't see why he can't at least make Better Call Saul very good.

I guess it just feels like a series that doesn't need to happen. Saul doesn't seem like a character that needed further elaboration, or a character that would really excel as the primary focus of a show rather than a bit character. And there's always room for valid concern when a prequel of anything comes out. It might challenge audience opinion of certain characters in a way they don't appreciate, it may fail to live up to the hype. It's just a risky move in general.

Breaking Bad feels like a complete story that needed no add-ons or spin-offs or anything along those lines. People might have a certain amount of confidence in Gilligan and Odenkirk, and they could make this a good show. But it still feels a bit like a cash-in at this early stage. Breaking Bad was a great show but that doesn't mean they had to keep it going. Gilligan could have started a brand new show with Odenkirk set in a different universe, without carrying as much baggage into the project, and I imagine it would have been better than what we get here.

That's not to say the show won't be good, I just think his talents could have been better used elsewhere. I'll wait and see how this reviews though. I'm not interested in watching it at all really, but if everyone's raving about it 3 episodes in, that'll be enough to convince me.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby UTK » Jan 10, '15, 12:20 pm

Extended trailer:

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Movies and TV